It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to everybody who has experienced sleep paralysis.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
1) I've had it when trying to fall asleep and from waking up in the middle of a dream/sleep.

2) On my back and on my stomach.

3) Nope.

I only have ever had sleep paralysis in one place and that was in my dorm room at university three or four years ago. There came a point where I could voluntarily bring myself in and out of sleep paralysis because it was occurring so often (every night for about 2 months solid). Every time it happened I was unable to open my eyes while it was occurring, except once. The one time I could/did open my eyes there was a man sitting at the foot of my roommates bed whom I knew should not have been there. All I could sense was pure evil from him and I tried screaming to tell him to go away, but only a whisper came out of my mouth. He then got up and walked away... I don't know if it was a dream, but it was VERY real to me. There are stories that at my university a priest had hung himself in the basement of what is now my old residence because he had impregnated a nun. Maybe it was him creeping on me...?

Anyway the point being is that after that one time I was able to open my eyes I haven't had sleep paralysis since. Very mysterious...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Yahatinda

Very interesting account . Although it is commonly thought that postdormic ( Hypnopompic ) sleep paralysis can be accompanied by hallucinations , I want to steer away from that for now .

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I would like to follow on from this excellent thread regarding sleep paralysis.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would be very grateful if the participants of that thread could help me with my research on this subject.

All I need is the answer to one or two simple questions .

1: When you experienced sleep paralysis , was it before sleeping or upon wakening ?
A: While asleep, just falling asleep, and early morning before awakening
2: Were you always in the same position ( ie, lay on your back or on your side ) when it occured ?
A:No, it was in multiple positions.
There is a third question that i have added as an afterthought

3: Have you ever been Diagnosed as Narcoleptic ?
A:No
Many thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

Thanks , Jymmy

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Hmm well none of them have ever applied to me during an episode except sleeping position, if I am on my back I will around 50% of the time have sleep paralysis then if I decide to I OBE if I feel like it. Definitely drink doesn't cause it for me, I have never experienced it while drinking and I have had sleep paralysis without drink plenty of times.

Good luck with your research

edit on 18/8/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Do not let it bother you..

It is a dream.

Basically all in your head.
Yes it is scary but it can not hurt you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drfeelme

Sleep paralysis is very real , my friend .
Perhaps you would like to share your research that lead you to make such a statement ?

Or maybe you are just trolling to achieve your 20 posts ?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sleep paralysis is very real , my friend .
Perhaps you would like to share your research that lead you to make such a statement ?

Or maybe you are just trolling to achieve your 20 posts ?

I have had it..

IT IS JUST A DREAM!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You have had what ?
What is just a dream ?

You seem to be contradicting yourself my learned friend .

You are doing an excellent job of promoting ignorance

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

1: I experienced it while sleeping

2: I could be in different positions

3: No no health issues at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

When it happens to me I recall being awake and able to look around my room then I black out. Not a dream for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I would like to follow on from this excellent thread regarding sleep paralysis.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would be very grateful if the participants of that thread could help me with my research on this subject.

1: When you experienced sleep paralysis , was it before sleeping or upon wakening ?

2: Were you always in the same position ( ie, lay on your back or on your side ) when it occured ?

Many thanks in advance.

1: Both is possible

2: LIKELY, i know that sleeping on my back can trigger it, same with lucid dreams.

3: No.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
1) upon wakening

2)always on back

3) never and no symptons

Hope this helps your research

TY KUHL

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

it was mostly upon wakening, i woke up only to find that i was paralyzed. i usually sleep with the radio on and i recollect that the specific song was playing on the radio during my paralysis and also had hallucinative visions of a gray alien look a like dude standing in the middle of my room, with the same song in the background. i saw him vanish as i got rid of the paralysis and the song was still playing. the whole thing took 10 to 15 seconds.

not necessarily, while the paralysis tends to occur in supine position, it also happened when i was laying on my left or right side on several occasions. never had one in the prone position tho.

nope. nada

~ oh and although very rare, i was in a perpetual paralysis mode at the stage of falling asleep and had to keep myself awake to prevent it as it can be a real annoyance. this happened a few weeks back. the paralysis mode wouldn't go away and i ended up sleep deprieved on the next day. other than that, i usually get busted while waking up.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Upon awakening

On my back.

Nope.

Scared the hell out of me until I figured out what it was, though.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

1.) I've experienced it as I was falling asleep and in dreams/nightmares which featured being paralyzed and floating through the air or dragged along the floor and up walls by an unseen force. This was my most common sleep experience until the age of 21.

2.) It happens more frequently if I sleep on my back...as an adult. As a child, it didn't matter. I slept on my stomach and had many of these dreams....repetitively.

3.) No sleep disorder diagnosis here.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sometimes there is a SOUND.....a three dimensional sound/feeling/vibration that happens as I'm being paralyzed. Also, there is a part of my brain that I could FEEL when I awoke from these experiences. I'd have dream after dream, awakening in another dream until I was finally awake. Then, I'd have to stay awake for a few hours or I'd slip back into the cycle. This was mostly between 1 and 21. It hardly ever happens now.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

1. Both, slipping into sleep sometimes, but the majority upon waking.

2. Can't say for sure

3. No

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

1, Upon waking.

2, I almost never sleep on my back (always on my side or face down) but when i wake to the succubus, the first thing i notice, im on my back in an unatural position with legs together and arms by my side.

3, Never.

Im surprised you didnt ask the question did you experience a presence in the room? Some see some only feel.

Hope this helps you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jymmyjaymes

Thanks , Jymmy

Its funny, I had many episodes of SP when I used to deep meditate, fewer but consistent episodes when I was pre teen/teenager. I haven't had one in close to a year. They are very scary for me, I feel and hear the intense vibration/buzzing, feel the presence of small beings pulling the covers off of me, then pushing up and down on me or jumping on my bed around me, and I feel as though I am in a different time/dimension,outside environment. I also feel like I am floating upwards. Just thought I would explain my bouts of sleep paralysis.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join