It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Night has arrived! Here it is for all to follow and Confirm or debunk this 18 days of destructio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Six days in and nothing world shaking so far. Still, there are 12 days to go.

Nothing happening so far is not an indicator of future of events. Please remain seated while expectations grow.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Six days in and nothing world shaking so far. Still, there are 12 days to go.

Nothing happening so far is not an indicator of future of events. Please remain seated while expectations grow.

Not if you are on the east coast of the US or in Colorado...But that isn't the whole world.....

Man, when I heard the quake hit the east coast, I heard it first as I was on a telecon with my group in VA and they all started screaming that the building was shaking and then the line went dead, I thought, Ohh s#it, I hope this isn't the end of the world prediction coming true, then reason took over. But just that 1-2 seconds...Wow

We are still here and that bodes well for us so far.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Earthquakes can occur in Virginia. In fact the epicentre for this one was pretty much right in the middle of the Central Virginia seismic zone. Furthermore, it isn't even the strongest earthquake for this area. Not to mention there was very little destruction. I think the most that occurred at my house was a glass on top of the fridge moved.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

It was the most powerful earthquake in that area in over a century.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineIntervention

And... I'm in the area and as I said the most that occurred here was a glass moved. People I know closer to the epicentre had things like boxes of macaroni fall. There were a few older buildings that lost bricks and I believe part of a building collapsed in Culpeper. So, if this is supposed to be a time of destruction the universe is doing a pretty poor job if the best it can muster is a 5.9 earthquake that the worst it does is causes people the inconvenience of bending down and picking something up.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
lets just hope the doom keeps coming,. as to give this new re-reading and explanation of the Mayan
calender some credit.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I actually live fairly close to the epicenter. I felt nothing. The reason is likely that the depth of soil where I live is shallow and bedrock is close to the surface.

This is hardly a noteworthy earth shattering event. Think back to the level you posted. Is this significant to even the majority of Americans? No. Californians are probably asking themselves what all of the chatter is all about since the quake was a so-so one by their standards.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just got a laugh out of Xcaliber254's post because I know someone that recently moved to Culpepper. I wonder if they are rethinking their move? They are the sort of person that gets caught up in these sorts of worries.

Some folks in my areas did notion that hanging plants had to be stopped from a slight swinging. It was as if the windows had been left open said one person.

I have been in much bigger quakes in California and Alaska and in Quebec. I saw the devastation in Bombay in 1993. Ask Japan or Turkey or Iran or Chile or Peru or any of the other places in the world where tens of thousands have died if this quake was anything other than a page 14 squib.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

but though it might be a small quake to those that have been through larger,.
it has struck in a area that does not see quakes,. so something that has the ability to move cereal
boxes is kinda freaky..
If they were to experience something like this monthly then it would be no biggie I am sure

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by sirric

I actually live fairly close to the epicenter. I felt nothing. The reason is likely that the depth of soil where I live is shallow and bedrock is close to the surface.

This is hardly a noteworthy earth shattering event. Think back to the level you posted. Is this significant to even the majority of Americans? No. Californians are probably asking themselves what all of the chatter is all about since the quake was a so-so one by their standards.

Stereo

Reread your quote then mine.

"Six days in and nothing world shaking so far."
"Not if you are on the east coast of the US or in Colorado"

It was a play off of your post....

Anyhow day 6 coming to a close and the markets up, the world hasn't ended and Libya is either free or it's a CIA/NATO staged event.....who knows.

All's well with 12 more days to go

Sirric

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Actually, I have felt quakes in the area. For some reason I did not feel this one. It was a small quake. There are hundreds of such quakes each year. I have felt larger quakes on the East coast although the epicenters were in Canada.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Sorry about that. I was way too serious. That was a good one.

There are still 12 days to wait and see. Plenty of time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Actually, I have felt quakes in the area. For some reason I did not feel this one. It was a small quake. There are hundreds of such quakes each year. I have felt larger quakes on the East coast although the epicenters were in Canada.
Yes but to answer both threads,.
this may seem a trivial event to you,
But to those that have not had "Any"experiences with this,. it is a big deal

edit on 23-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I do not make light of this earthquake for those that were affected. I am sure it scared a lot of folks, and I wish them well. Also this being the largest earthquake in the are since records were kept hasn't gone unnoticed by me along with the Colorado EQ.

That being said, These weren't a catastrophe either. No one was killed. No real damage done, just a lot of freaked out and scared people.

So this event can not be considered for the 18 days of destruction prediction coming true, in no way, shape or form.

Still, 12 days and counting...If any other world affecting event should happen, it will be much larger than a 5.9 EQ

Take care and peace to all.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
5th night has arrived?

Ahhhhhh. I awake to sudden blue skies and I finally get my washing dry

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It's sort of like your first fender bender. It seems like the end of the world, but its just a minor issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

agreed.
perception is everything.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: ww

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join