It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Night has arrived! Here it is for all to follow and Confirm or debunk this 18 days of destructio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

The real problem with 2012 is that it is a hoax promoted by people willing to money for lies.

Remember dear ATSers that every single thing here on earth happens for a reason.

What is the hoax of 2012 all about? Is it the transformation of the money of the gullible to the money of the hoaxer?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

S & F! Facinating! I have been watching Mayan Majix for quite some time and am very interested by it for some reason. Thank you for the thread! Peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

All your points are invalid since there is no proof of your debunking. Were you there or have video proof when the universe began?

That makes all of Calleman's claims invalid as well.

Actually, the issue is that you do not have to be there to know. There are means of determining the age of the universe.

I am not looking to debunk based on someone else scientific hearsay, This thread is to prove it right or wrong for a fact that we will all observe.

Calleman has been debunked so many times it isn't funny. He can't even get the 9 tiers of Mayan pyramids right. His books make claims like temple 1 at Tikal is the highest. I know that is wrong since I have been atop temple 4, the highest.

Either 18 days go by and no destruction take place and then we carry on knowing 100% with facts that this is bull or a huge world change happens and then he will be proven correct.

At least 99.99% of what Calleman has claimed is incorrect. So why should anything else be correct. He can't get the calendar right. He can get the dates or translations right.

No slam intended, I'm just providing a forum to observe this claim and that is all. All other debunking claims are based on imperfect science.

And where do you think this huckster named Calleman got his ideas from? Well it wasn't science. He just made everything up. You think that telling fiction is in some way better?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You sir, are an agitator. That is a fact!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No you are wrong on many points. 1. Matter can be created and destroyed. It is done in stars and in nuclear reactors and bombs all of the time. Ever hear of E=mc2? The big bang was 13.7billion years ago. The 16.4 value is off by 20%. It's not even close.

Wow, you are wrong on every point..I'm just going to stop you at the first one.
Matter can NOT be created or destroyed as far as current science is aware of..
You cannot destroy a proton, a neutron, or an electron. You can change atoms, and atoms do decay, but they lose electrons, protons or neutrons. That matter isn't destroyed...

You are wrong
edit on 18-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So if this is a time of destruction what would people consider a success for Calleman's tall tale?

I suppose a typical big earthquake won't count.
What about a typical volcanic eruption?
What about a typical economic change?

I would suppose that the event would have to much bigger than typical changes such as an impact by a large asteroid, or maybe a meltdown of the internet by a large scale attack, or maybe a nuclear explosion, or ...

What sort of event would qualify? Anyone care to suggest anything or is this going to be a "the morning after" claim of success?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Stereo, just proved he has no basic understanding of science.
He didn't know the first law of thermodynamics.

And yeah, this stock market drop today is a good first indicator of things to come.
Things will get worse, before they get better.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

That's the great thing about Calleman though. His theory is so wrong you don't even have to get technical to debunk him. Some of the most essential claims to his theory can be proven wrong in less than five minutes. He claims the Mayan underworld is nine levels. This is completely untrue. He also claims that all Mayan pyramids are nine levels. Once again completely wrong. That right there destroys his an entire justification for interpreting the calendar the way he does, which in turn destroys his entire theory. One doesn't even need to look at Coba Stela 1 or Tortuguero Monument 6 and point out that they say nothing close to what Calleman says. He is wrong on every level. Pretty much the only thing in his entire theory that is correct is that the Mayan ruins he names actually exist.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well it could be of all of the above...But what ever it is it will be a benefit to mankind to allow us to move forward according to the new-age belief.

Think Star Trek and a the story of the 3rd World War that wipes out most of us but we prevail. In the end, who really knows?

What ever we think, in 18 days we will know one way or the other. May you live in exciting times.

edit on 18/8/11 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow, you are wrong on every point..I'm just going to stop you at the first one.
Matter can NOT be created or destroyed as far as current science is aware of..

Failure. Let's see how much matter was converted to energy by the Hiroshima bomb.

Hiroshima Bomb

Approximately 600 to 860 milligrams of matter in the bomb was converted into the active energy of heat and radiation (see mass-energy equivalence for detail).

Mass energy equivalence

You cannot destroy a proton, a neutron, or an electron. You can change atoms, and atoms do decay, but they lose electrons, protons or neutrons. That matter isn't destroyed...

Let's see what physicists have to say about that.

en.wikipedia.org...

In physics, the word is used to denote the process that occurs when a subatomic particle collides with its respective antiparticle.[2] Since energy and momentum must be conserved, the particles are not actually made into nothing, but rather into new particles.

During a low-energy annihilation, photon production is favored, since these particles have no mass.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The Question
(Submitted July 24, 1997)

Why is it impossible, at this point in time, to convert energy into matter?

The Answer
It happens all the time. Particle accelerators convert energy into subatomic particles, for example by colliding electrons and positrons. Some of the kinetic energy in the collision goes into creating new particles.

It's not possible, however, to collect these newly created particles and assemble them into atoms, molecules and bigger (less microscopic) structures that we associate with 'matter' in our daily life. This is partly because in a technical sense, you cannot just create matter out of energy: there are various 'conservation laws' of electric charges, the number of leptons (electron-like particles) etc., which means that you can only create matter / anti-matter pairs out of energy.

Even the reverse can happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Notice how it says that matter is conserved in a closed system. The solar system is not a closed system. Also, notice down at the bottom where it says exceptions. The Law of conservation of mass only works in a classical sense. When quantum physics and special relativity are applied the law does not hold up.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm sorry, what part of the 1st law of thermo did you not understand? Ooop. Already well answered by Xcalibur254.

So this stock market drop which is not atypical means what exactly in terms of Calleman's tall tale?
edit on 18-8-2011 by stereologist because: Saw a post that answered the issue

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

What ever we think, in 18 days we will know one way or the other.

So what is going to be an acceptable event?

Instead of discussing afterward whether or not something fills the bill it is best to make a definition up front and then allow that definition to decide the case. Set a threshold for such a condition.

You've already named a global war. Any other ideas?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by sirric

What ever we think, in 18 days we will know one way or the other.

So what is going to be an acceptable event?

Instead of discussing afterward whether or not something fills the bill it is best to make a definition up front and then allow that definition to decide the case. Set a threshold for such a condition.

You've already named a global war. Any other ideas?

Well, a shift in global weather patterns/ Polar shift/ earth axis tilt / Moon orbit change...all would severely impact our way of life.

Not sure if it should be classified as man made or nature based if anything. If it is to be believed it is global conscience shift then whatever event that might happen should be a human made event to change his/her conscience, true?

What are your limits to allow yourself to say, Wow he might have been right this time?

Mine has to be something that will effect every person directly that everyone will know they are living in a completely different time from before. in other words, complete change or it didn't happen, What says you?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Science cannot always be relied upon.

Our senses are woefully imperfect. Therefore the information we process from them is imperfect.
Consequently, all our conclusions about anything we analize, are incomplete and imperfect.

That said though, this 9th wave 5th night, which is also represented in McKenna's graph of fractal time,
will send the global finances crashing. Just wait for near the end of the month!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Stocks sure got bashed again on the first day of the fifth night of the nineth wave of evoolution.
We are all in for a ride I hope.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
But what is matter really? It's energy. A form of energy that we can measure. Just because we can't measure the amount of energy released in terms of mass, doesn't mean the mass disappears from the universe altogether. This was told to me in person by a well respected physicist.

the electron, proton, neutron comment was only about the traditional physics, which makes up 95% of all cases.

What we can look for?
Stock market crash, Multiple large earthquakes, or one large one that causes more damage than Fukushima, outbreak of a deadly virus
I almost forgot the obvious..massive solar flare taking out power for some time..
There's 2 HUGE sunspots turning towards Earth as we speak.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Well, a shift in global weather patterns/ Polar shift/ earth axis tilt / Moon orbit change...all would severely impact our way of life.

You do know that a pole shift has never ever happened in the history of the Earth, right? A global weather shift would be good. A Moon orbit shift greater than say the few centimeters that the Moon normally moves away from the Earth.

The change in consciousness is a common expectation. How would we know that has occurred? Would it be headlines in the newspaper? Would it be something that affects many or a few?

What are your limits to allow yourself to say, Wow he might have been right this time?

The reason I ask is that Calleman has been wrong nearly 100% of the time.

What happens with believers is that they attempt to claim a match after the fact. If the rules are laid out ahead of time there is less arguing about the results afterward.

Mine has to be something that will effect every person directly that everyone will know they are living in a completely different time from before. in other words, complete change or it didn't happen, What says you?

I like your position. It's what I think Calleman might have been suggesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No hoax at all. I say give it some time and you will see. Major changes are already upon us and future will show you exactly what I mean. Hope you are ready for it

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Hello sirric,

Confirm or debunk? Destruction? 18 days to go, we shall see. And I can't wait for October 29th. Hopefully, it will put all these assumptions to rest. Or perhaps the story will change once more and be given the original date of December 21st 2012...once again...So I'll take a head-start and rephrase right away. And I can't wait for December 22nd 2012. Hopefully, it will put these assumptions to rest.

Till a new date pops up...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join