It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh oh... Second greek bailout about to be canceled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The markets are not going to like this one.

And Some More Bad News...

FURTHER DISCUSSION ON COLLATERAL WOULD CANCEL SECOND GREEK BAILOUT- GOVT SOURCE - RTRS

With Europe markets going down faster than the Titanic, this will surely help them sink faster into the abyss...

Credit default swaps in Europe are going back up again...
edit on 18-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't wishing for the end of this.

I'd also be a liar if I said I had a plan other than watching it all happen.

Thanks for the heads up OP, you're always good with the Breaking News. Keep up the great work

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ireland is also heading for a SECOND bailout.

Remember the Switzerland Bilderberg meeting?

I do.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe they already know about it .
Dow -473
FTSE -248

I've watched the markets for a few years now and I don't remember ever seeing it as volatile as it's been over the last couple of weeks

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So here we are...

Markets wanted a whole bigger Eurobond to trade with.

Germany denied such alternative, France did it too in last meeting, and they offered a whole new vision (which is the old one): a stronger Europe, more centralized and truly decisive, being loss of national sovereingnity its direct counterpart for us, its members.

Now, if this bailout is going to be cancelled... Maybe Greek people will soon wake up to find all banks closed and ATMs not working. In a week, banks and ATMs will reopen, and Greece will be out the Euro-zone, with a whole new currency completely underrated.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Indeed. We have been watching the situation ever since 8/8/11 in the thread in my signature. Europe's market is hanging on by a thread, and people are wondering if it'll take the US down with it. They have all but abandoned the risky investments and flocked towards bonds and commodities; meanwhile companies are buying their own stock trying to keep themselves afloat.

Now I'm wondering what kind of "crisis" will they cook up to cover everything up, or do whatever they feel is necessary to keep their house of cards standing.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm laughing today. I warned people to get out of their 401k's before the crash 2 weeks ago. I told them that the market would recover, in an effort to suck them back in like a tar baby. Now, it will be too late for them. Oh well. I'm just glad I stayed liquid and didn't bite that lure the bankers held out there. Get ready for the DOW to regress back to 4 digits.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Indeed. We have been watching the situation ever since 8/8/11 in the thread in my signature. Europe's market is hanging on by a thread, and people are wondering if it'll take the US down with it. They have all but abandoned the risky investments and flocked towards bonds and commodities; meanwhile companies are buying their own stock trying to keep themselves afloat.

Now I'm wondering what kind of "crisis" will they cook up to cover everything up, or do whatever they feel is necessary to keep their house of cards standing.

The reality is, they can keep propping it up however they want . . . companies buying their own stock . . . government bailouts . . . manufactured crisis . . . but eventually the well is going to run dry. Once the wallet is empty, it will crash. Unless they fix the underlying cause and rebuild the foundation, it will crash.

It won't matter if you've got gold, money stuffed in the mattress, rubles sewn in the lining of your underpants . . . the only thing that will matter when it all comes tumbling down is whether or not you were astute enough to stash away some food and were further with it enough to establish some sense of self sufficiency.

It sounds apocalyptic, but if everything comes a tumbling down, that's exactly what it will be.

I liken it to the fat guy on the Monty Python sketch who keeps saying if he eats one more thing, he's gonna burst to which he follows with a 'wafer thin mint' . . . once down the gluttonous pie hole, the fat bastard explodes.

We're just all sitting around here waiting for that next explosion and hoping we're far enough from ground zero to avoid being splattered with guts.
edit on 18-8-2011 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The only thing to fear is fear itself, so said a great President once.

Only by confronting reality can we move forward. What has to happen will eventually happen, but as long as we are prepared for it, there is nothing to fear, for only truth can set us free...

Should the greeks or the irish wakes up one day and find the banks closed or atm shut down, it is NOT the end of the world.

Greece and other govs best be prepared to MOBALISE their organisation to help its people back on the feet. With no bailouts, greece and other affected nations should heave a sigh of relief, for it means cancellation of debts. No more will they and their children's children be debts slaves anymore.

1. The greatest concern will be food and water. The gov must allay such fears first, by opening up its emergency stockpiles and locations made known with troops on standby for the orderly distribution and stability will be achieved, with each citizen reminded of each's democratic responsiblity to each other.

2. There are still resources in Greece and other affected nations, and such resources can still be TAPPED to bring in revenue to the state. GDP may drop, but will NEVER drop to zero, for mankind still have needs and each state must find their niche to serve humanity in services or trade. Asia as a whole is a big consumer market, and so too will be USA when its gov get organised. Australia is strapped with cash. Russian and the balken states are as usual, watching on the sidelines, but largely unaffected, awaiting opportunities.

And now it calls for greater leadership, from their own kind and not dictates from other nations. Greece and other affected nations are still SOVEREIGN nations, garunteed by the UN charter supported all Earth. Sink or swim will be the fate but determined by them alone. Mankind had been through such before, and with courage, survived over time if given the chance. So will EU one day.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

But Greece has the right idea.
Who the heck would bail out some failure?
Okay this comes to mind...your idiot friend say is a compulsive drunk driver, it's another DUI and he/she is locked up for the twentieth time, do you bail that friend out or let them sit and think about what a idiot he/she has been? I say that you'd let them sit in jail and contemplate how stupid they have been and maybe decide to get some help before they kill someone. (Or in this situation, tank the economies of the world). They should fail...after all nobody is truly capable of making better decisions until they are allowed to hit rock bottom...and see that their bad choices has resulted in such. They have to suffer to learn. Just my $.02.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
More details.

Greece Threatens To Unwind Second Bailout By Agreeing To Finland Collateral Demands

One of the biggest stories this morning is that European cohesion and solidarity is about to crumble after it was disclosed that Greece was pursuing a private deal with Finland in which Greece promised to collateralize Finnish contributions, in essence eliminating Finland's contribution to the Greek Bailout round 2. As Kathimerini reported, "Greece and Finland agreed on Tuesday to virtually cancel the latter’s participation in the former’s second bailout package, following three days of negotiations between Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos and his Finnish counterpart Jutta Urpilainen. Finland’s share in the 109-billion-euro package amounts to about 1 billion, which Helsinki will pay to Greece but Athens will repay it through a new loan contract to be signed for this purpose and which will be valid for the next 25 years (likely to be the maturing period of the new loans, too). This means in practice that Finland’s contribution to the new package will be returned in full and deposited in a special account to be created by the Finnish government." End result is that everyone else has immediately come demanding the same treatment

So after all, the election of the new party in Finland influenced the Greek bailout uh... interesting.

Come on everyone, stop bailing out your neighbor.... otherwise nothing will change and you'll all be bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What can the EU do, when France and Germany hold the cards on the whole deal without their votes is not going to happen.

They are on a power grab, they will allow the markets in the EU to fall unless the nations involved bend to the power grab demands of them.

Now we will see who holds the power in the EU.

The big bailout that the markets and the banskters wanted is not going to happen unless . . . they sell their soul to the devil.

edit on 18-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The big bailout that the markets and the banskters wanted is not going to happen unless . . . they sell their soul to the devil

Again??????

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Those that hold the wealth in the world are playing their cards very well against those that has become Dependant on them (sold their souls).

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Down 600 a week ago

Up 400

Down 500

Up 300

Down 500 now

WTH .. a sign perhaps ?
the big economic crash is about to happen

Economic Armageddon: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Double Dip is Here!

This Economic crash was delayed by the elites
everything right now in the world is perfectly timed
its NOT a miracle that it didnt happen sooner
2012 is just 1 yrs ahead

Starting to understand ? ..
there is no coincidences in all of this
its going to get very uglier in the world
but at the end .. we will have a new world where greed has no more place to live
the bad news is it need to get worse to get better sadly

edit on 8/18/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Let the killing begin.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I agree I'm quite surprised it hasn't collapsed into a heap yet, but it is being propped up and will continue to do so until the crisis spins completely out of control and it all comes crashing down.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm actually looking forward to the big crash. It needs to happen for a better world. If it doesn't, it will just continue heading in the same direction.

There are two possibilities I can see happening when the big crash comes.

1. It will be "solved" by the introduction of a sinister electronic global currency.

2. People will all be on the same level (broke and suffering) and will band together to ensure nothing like a greed-based monetary system ever plagues humanity again.

I hope for the second.

new topics

top topics

join