It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major drug research company faked thousands of documents to get drugs approved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
FDA says it's no big deal... usual FDA behavior.

Major drug research company faked thousands of documents to get drugs approved, FDA says no big deal

It is truly astounding to witness the utter corruption that takes place -- and practically in plain sight -- within the pharmaceutical drug industry. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced that drug firm Cetero Research, for many years knowingly forged thousands of clinical trial documents for drug companies in order for them to gain drug approval. The FDA's response to this, though is that this massive corruption is basically no big deal.

In the FDA's recent announcement concerning Cetero, the agency declared that both an internal company investigation and a third-party audit revealed "significant instances of misconduct and violations" in conducting clinical trials. Between April 2005 and June 2009, there were at least 1,900 instances of fraud and falsified studies, and each one of these instances was falsely used to prove that a drug was safe before it went on the market.

One would assume that the nation's food and drug regulatory agency would at least have saved records of which drug companies used Cetero for their early clinical trials. Such information is standard on any drug application, right? Apparently not. The FDA actually has no idea which drug companies used Cetero's services, and it is now asking drug companies to search their records and determine whether or not they contracted with Cetero.

So basically, we don't know what drugs test trials were cooked... trust big pharma, they are really really really honest...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The FDA is a government organization filled with corruption and totally inefficient. It's good to see someone sticking it to the man and not following the rules set up by the "elite" to try and help the people.

Good for them

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So the FDA collects a few fines/bribes and everything goes on as if no fraud ever took place.

After-the-fact regulatory penalties are nothing more than revenue generating schemes for the regulators.

It's every Americans civic duty to be poisoned for a period of time so the gov can make a buck on fines once you're dead.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Topic is already discussed under this title FDA hounds farmers with Raw milk cheese or bunnies while giving Drug Co. Pass on faked DOCs

You might want to take a peak.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Can't wait for Ron Paul to be elected than every State can decide for themselves what is safe or not. No more big government making the rules for individuals.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Can't wait for Ron Paul to be elected than every State can decide for themselves what is safe or not. No more big government making the rules for individuals.

Sarcasm or? Anyway, the FDA is so corrupt, it would be better to put back to the states or to get rid of it...

No government approved label is better than a fake government approved label.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Exactly. If some State finds a drug unsafe or not tested well enough than just pop over to the next State and buy it. More consumer options.

This is one part of Ron Pauls platform I like. FDA is corrupt anyways and all the officials are bribed so might as well let them bribe the officials of 50 different States that way your sure that one of them will pass legislation you like.

This one size fits all approach isn't fair to the people. Imagine once Paul gets rid of the drug laws and the Big Pharm companies start putting out the really potent oxycoten pills that teenagers can buy over the counter.

Freedom, gotta love it

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's my understanding that the FDA actually earns profits for every drug that's approved.I'll try to find the link and post it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was a study participant in a number of Ceteros clinical trials. Made a good sum of money from them too. I can tell you this much, to go along with their forged documents, myself and many other study participants gladly fudge their medical histories in order to get into these studies. The pay is a strong motivator to tell them what they want to hear to get yourself qualified. Do not trust the results of clinical trials!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

hahahah
So they falsified already falsified data if i understand?

anyways fda must be happy, they gonna collect the brown envelopes plus the fine. no big deal my @$$.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Reading the story here initially scared me, as so many are on a variety of prescriptions, so I did some digging real fast.

Additional Information from Cetero

By reading that, the falsifications would be accurate. 1900 cited in the original Reuters story. However, I'm reassured to see it wasn't a nefarious scheme to alter drug outcomes. It sounds like technical falsifications so a couple techs could get extra cash for their own checking accounts. Stupid greed like that shouldn't make me feel better, but it doesn't sound like a dangerous drug likely sailed through because a tech fudged the time on reports to score weekend pay. Whew..... That was a scary one for a moment.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wait, when did we become Mexico?

You know, if our drugs have as much merit as gall from a Moon Bear, well, at least the Moon Bear's gall is natural.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I just want to say that I think it is hideous of you to advocate the use of bear parts as medicine. Hopefully you are simply ignorant to the plight of these animals in Asia. Many of them are literally tortured from birth.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Who said I was advocating? Literally the ONLY thing that gall has going for it is that it is natural.

But if you want to take it that way, go ahead. Won't make a whit of difference for me.

new topics

top topics

join