It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?? I Guess This Is An Answer ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have stated here and at other sites, my desire for an answer for one particular question.

I have ask for some time for a reason why the politicians of the United States government put so much time and effort into "sucking up" to Israel.

I was looking at another site a few moments ago and was presented with this video:

www.youtube.com...

I know I am going out on a limb, but is this the answer to my question or should I keep asking in the hope of some better, deeper, more meaningful explaination.

The only alternative answer which I have except this one is money. You and I both know that money could have nothing what-so-ever to do with politics.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Well friend, if you actually honestly want an answer, that video is about as far off base as possible. Those, my friend, are the reasons being sold to the public masses.

supporting Israel does not protect the US, it is a burden politically and financially, so it's not about money either, the support for Israel is a drain on the US. Just look around you. 401ks being raided, homes being foreclosed, infrastructure collapsing (some towns are back to dirt roads!) some places have 1 cop car for the entire city, and in other places, no fire department between 4 and 10. But the billions in aid keep flowing into Israel.

What does the US get in return? Well, first, they have their government completely infiltrated by spies (fact, google it) the entire communications grid has back doors in place put there by the Israeli company that built the system. they have most of the middle east hating on them, and are now one of the big targets for terror based on their support of Israel.

If you believe the 911 fairytale, the Muslims attacked because of the US support for the "Zionist regime". If you believe the facts, Mossad probably played a part in the attack. So either side of the fence, you can thank Israel for 911 too.

Money does play a part, but not federally, we're talking private campaign donations and kickbacks from the Israeli lobbyist groups, paid vacations to Israel (taking place right now). Money is changing hands, but for the benefit of the few, not the whole, as usual.

I think Bachman put it best:

"If we don't fully support Israel, god will curse us"

There's your answer, religious dogma planted firmly in the US government is the sole reason for the US supporting, unilaterally, Israel in everything that country does, legal or not.

Let me be clear. Why I say "support" I'm talking about military aid, and the UN vetos that continually stop any chance of a peace process. I'm in no way suggesting we leave Israel in the lurch, I'm saying the undying support for their crimes is the problem.

now see, this makes me an antisemite because I disapprove of some of the actions of the government and military of Israel, and their zionist supporters abroad. This makes me a racist.

but it's fine and politically correct for that nice Jewish woman to inform us each and every muslim on earth is a blood thirst terrorist. Then, amazingly, she goes on to say any problems I have with Israel have nothing to do with the crimes committed, no, it's merely a convienient excuse for me to hate jews, and wish for more islamic terrorist attacks.

Nothing racist about that at all.

You've opened a can of worms here, hope you are wearing a certified helmet
edit on 18-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I was going to wait a while before telling this to anyone, but since we seem to agree, and you replied so quickly, I will admit that I laughed so much I watched the video twice.

I guess I also watched it the second time to be sure it was real. I also can't help but wonder how this woman got as old as she appears to be without hearing or reading any current events or history books.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I believe it's a lot more simple than what people might think.

GUILT and ATONEMENT

We (America) feel guilty for ignoring their plea the first time when Hitler was rounding them up and killing. Then, we messed up again when we harbored Nazi scientists here in the states for their technology. So, to rectify that an assure Israel we're not like Germany, we are helping them and have vowed to forever protect them. many American Jews have family there are are dual citizens . So in a way, they are also an extension of America.
edit on 18-8-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I really did think about your reply.

I can't find it accepable. We have done far worse things than ignore other peoples plight and it has not seemed to bother anyone at all.

Not only this but your answer requires us to except their actions against us-- the Lavor Affair and the Liberty attack - simply as penance for not becoming involved in the war in Europe sooner than we did.

I hate to say it this way but; That was about 60 years ago, how long does this guilt trip last?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First of all, that video is a bunch of BS.

This is why we are so resolute about supporting Israel as I see it:

Israel is a strategic ally, and US relations with Israel strengthen the U.S. presence in the Middle East.
Israel’s location makes them an excellent gateway for access to the Middle East area. They can use Israel as a safe spot to launch attacks against other countries in the region. To put it simply, they need Israel to destabilize the Middle East. When the Middle East is destabilized, it's easier for the U.S. to control the Middle East, and steal the oil.
edit on 18-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by hdutton

I believe it's a lot more simple than what people might think.

GUILT and ATONEMENT

We (America) feel guilty for ignoring their plea the first time when Hitler was rounding them up and killing. Then, we messed up again when we harbored Nazi scientists here in the states for their technology. So, to rectify that an assure Israel we're not like Germany, we are helping them and have vowed to forever protect them. many American Jews have family there are are dual citizens . So in a way, they are also an extension of America.
edit on 18-8-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

Naw, I don't think the reasons are quite so altruistic. The US has enough directly acquired blood on its hands that doesn't generate any similar degree of remorse. I'd say it has a lot more to do with Jewish support for the Mother State, and a corresponding influence upon lawmakers.

What intrigues me is the association between the Christian Right and Israel, that is generated by an apocalyptic brand of fundimentalism, ie 'if the Jews and the Arabs don't pound it out sometime soon, we're gonna have to wait to go to heaven'.

Chilling...absolutely chilling.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You may be on to something there. I mean who would not want "the end of the world in our time".

It may just be these people really do want to go to heaven so badly, they don't want even their childern to have a shot of getting ahead of them.

I am some times amused when I hear them called the "Christian right". Just like there could never be the "Christian wrong" or the "Christian left".

Oh ! Wait ! What am I thinking. Of course, there could not be any Christians left, ................. or could there.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Has anyone ever considered that Israel is an outpost of the "Blue" Empire to catalyze control of the Suez Canal? It benefits them, it benefits us. It places a lynch pin on certain freedoms for "Red" countries and enables secure access to a critical waterway. In essence, Israel is a state of the Empire. All of the other surrounding issues are just cultural messes which allow for misdirection regarding overall strategy.

In the same way we have "put our foot in the door" of the near and far east via Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Korea, Japan, and to a lesser degree Taiwan, and in the works through political processes is India. Does no one else see the game of Risk that is being played? Anyone want to take a guess at the Red team's lynch pins? Heck, they've been working on turning our own government Red since the late 1800s, but the differentiation of Red and Blue (in this case) and have been so blurred that it's hard to tell who's what.

More so, most people, myself included, tend to be "Purple." And I say that to mean that most people tend to be a little of this, a little of that rather than a "primary color." I raise no flags, but I will honor the law of my land (US). Our current and illegal federal system is simply insanity being expressed on a world scale. I hope that we can return to a national method which promotes neutrality and healthy progress through local sovereign governments legally united by no more than an agreed upon monetary unit and resolution to help each other if ever attacked by invaders.

Again, I believe that Israel is a strategic "friend." Removing the illegal hold of Imperial men on our government would allow us to have a truly friendly relationship with Israel and also Iran, Syria, etc. Maybe if we helped everyone move forward people would be too busy to get wrapped up in ancient unctions for vengeance. Let's live by a higher instinct (wisdom) than that of confused animals who happen to have great knowledge.
edit on 8/18/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I really must say I am surprised by the quality of the replies which have thus far been offered to this posting.

I was fully expecting to have several full blown "you sorry @@##$$%%^^&*&*())" by now.

It does seem though, among those responding, there is a need for a little more research into the more troubling side of our relations with these "allies". Then again some people will let just anything be done.

Having said this, I leave it to anyone who may be truely interested to look into these relationships themselves. I could easily explain, or suggest places to look for this information,but it will have a truer meaning and appreciation for those who find.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I really must say I am surprised by the quality of the replies which have thus far been offered to this posting.

I guess it just goes to show that one can address questions about Israel, yet not be a raving antisemite...despite what some might have one think.

top topics

join