It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to me...?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Okay so this is going to sound absolutely strange... And I won't say "I don't care if people don't believe it" because I wouldn't be sharing the story/experience otherwise except of course to garner opinion on the subject. - I wanted to post this a bit ago but it sort of "slipped my mind" until I began seeing stories about Time-Slips and the like and I guess it was time to post my experience.

Anyway... So about three years ago I was rushing to get home from University for Christmas (was in my final year) and I'd gotten on a train from West Drayton to London Paddington it was totally falling down (rain) and there was thunder and lightning... As we were roughly about three minutes away or so (I traveled the route regularly but didn't count it) from Paddington station I'd called my mum to tell her I'd be home within the next half-hour or so.

Whilst chatting to her on the phone, the train began to rock a little and I could hear the brakes hitting hard... I could also hear what sounded like screams coming from people in the carriages further up front - The next thing I remember was the tannoy announcement "We're now at London Paddington, where this train terminates" Everything was absolutely fine and my mum was on the other end of the phone asking me if everything was okay because I'd been 'cutting out' a lot.

since this incident a lot of things have seemed extremely strange to me, that cause other people to think I'm an idiot (to put it bluntly) - Some to do with 'major newsworthy events' and others to do with really minor things... For example at the time the TV show "Two and a half men" had allegedly been around for 5yrs yet I had no recollection of the show because I recall Charlie Sheen dying of a heart attack back in 1999...

I also don't recall Saddam Hussein being executed back in 2006, I don't recall him ever actually being captured, to put a finer mark on it. I had several arguments with friends over whether or not this had actually happened as well as the death of Princess Diana - Many friends tell me it happened at the end of this month, in 1997 when I am convinced it happened around Christmas time of 1999 (same incident though 'car crash' in Paris with Dodi Al Fayed.

There are other 'situations' that don't seem to correspond with my recollection of these events... But these are the most prominent I can remember but my big question is... WTF Happened to me, on that day??

Timeslip? Partial Slip? Did I die and move on? - It's all extremely confusing.
edit on 18-8-2011 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Sounds like the plot to Final Destination (pick any of the 5 movies). Not sure.

I'm not going be the guy to say you're full of it, or whatever. Someone else can fill that role here.

So, going way out of "my box" of science......

sounds like a timeslip or deviation. If you believe in time travel, and multiple worlds, it could be an issue of somehow you glimpsed another "timeline" or you actually moved from one to the other.

Not saying I believe any of it, but if I was watching this movie, that would be my assumption, time slip, you've somehow moved to an alternate reality (like Fringe) that is subtly different.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
U remember when the brakes on the train came on,
maybe U hit your head...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

sounds more like a dimension slip than a time slip to me

to my limited understanding a time slip is more of getting a temporary glimpse into the past usually returning to the normal present within minutes or moments
it could be where the confusion is in "time lines" which to me are alternate dimensions that can be very similar yet often involve small changes in history.
so I suppose if you were interested in trying to understand I would look at "time lines" and alternate dimensions although I wouldnt expect to really learn much

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Never saw FD after the first one, thought they were complete and utter tripe, tbh. But not sure how it relates to my situation, wasn't that film about death trying to catch up w/ survivors??

reply to post by shaneR

Easily could have done but I never had a bump nor did I ache. Also would not explain as to why nobody else seemed to be dishevelled or panicked when they left the train, after it arrived at the station nor why the tannoy announcement never apologised or mentioned anything about the event which took place, prior to us arriving.

ETA: IMO it also would not explain why I have such a vivid account of the above mentioned circumstances either not happening at all or happening for me, but not for others.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds really strange. First thing I would've done is see a doctor and possibly get a CAT scan or an MRI to see if I had something wrong with my brain. And if nothing there, see what else it could be. Personally, may I suggest writing down everything that you recollect differently than it happened and then share it with your family, friends, us to compare, who knows someone might be able to figure something about maybe if there's a pattern to it. Hope you figure it out and hope nothings wrong with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thanks I'll do a search on those things... Appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

I'm perfectly healthy. I was quite a 'sickly' child growing up and had to go to Great Ormond St hospital in London on a 6 month basis for about 3-4 yrs having MRI's and ECGs

But was given an all-clear status in 1997/98.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hasn't anyone seen the movie Donnie Darko?

In my opinion, these 'time-slips' function as the result of a refusal of the spirit/ego/psyche to dissociate from this universe.

It's like the old saying, 'Its just wasn't your time [to die]' ,but with the addition of the will of your spirit having enforced it.

The only questions for me are; Does this mean we're immortal-ish? Are we actually jumping dimensions? Does 'reality' persist for everyone else leaving the time-slipper in the dust (with a fake universe), or does the 'real' universe bend to accommodate? Also, perhaps the continuance of your soul's experience in this dimension is the will of some other being/force, if for instance you haven't 'fulfilled your purpose.'
edit on 18-8-2011 by JRedBeard because: typos

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sounds like you're leading us on, but it's ok, I'm not in a bad mood this morning

Assuming that what you are saying is truth, then it sounds like an interesting case of death and consciousness transfer.

Your train crashed. You, and a lot of others died that day. You lived in a parallel reality very similar to this one with the exception of a few events. There is a theory that with every death, that our consciousness transfers to another version of "us" without us realizing it. However, it seems as if you held on to more of the parallel self than is commonly experienced.

If by some chance you're not trolling or practicing some form of creative writing....Welcome to our Reality! It's just as boring/interesting as the last one. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No problem this is probably the most popular one to start with
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Cool, you can continue to enjoy Charle Sheen in this alternate reality. Thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

Quite intricate there and you've kind of left me asking more questions than being able to reply to you lol, not your fault

All I can say for sure is... Something happened on 'approach' to the train terminal. However when getting there it seems either I imagined the whole thing OR I've "ended up somewhere else" - Which for this theory in particular I feel is backed up by "my knowledge" of certain events being absolutely wrong...

If the universe bent to accommodate, wouldn't there still have been some inclination of something happening w/ the train or other people feeling/witnessing what I did?

Just to add and point out to others this was Saturday Dec 20th and I did actually phone into The Metro on Monday the 22nd to get some kind of 'advert' in the paper asking if anybody on the train would contact me - Although the advert never appeared in the paper, to my knowledge.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Sounds like you're leading us on, but it's ok, I'm not in a bad mood this morning

I have no reason to lead anybody on, but your opinion is your own. I've been a member of ATS for longer than my profile suggests (as far as I recall at least lol) I just had to resign up as I couldn't recall my username/pass or email.

Originally posted by TheOneElectricAssuming that what you are saying is truth, then it sounds like an interesting case of death and consciousness transfer.

Your train crashed. You, and a lot of others died that day. You lived in a parallel reality very similar to this one with the exception of a few events. There is a theory that with every death, that our consciousness transfers to another version of "us" without us realizing it. However, it seems as if you held on to more of the parallel self than is commonly experienced.

That is a VERY scary notion... Very scary indeed... And although there's obviously no clear proof of this... Do you know of any blogs/articles on similar experiences I'd be able to read?

Originally posted by TheOneElectricIf by some chance you're not trolling or practicing some form of creative writing....Welcome to our Reality! It's just as boring/interesting as the last one. Enjoy your stay.

As per my above comment, I have no reason to lead on, nor troll. I've been an avid member of ATS for a very long time... Albeit more for the Alt News, UFO or Paranormal stories... I am a person of the creative arts (my University major was Film & TV Studies) but creative writing is really not my forte...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Diana died in 1997 for me. My first impression was that there is something wrong with the way your long term memory is working. Try and go into more detail with how you are recalling the chain of events and confirm these memories what what paper work is available, bank records, bills, work history, other letters. This can help re establish just what happened and clear up things. Seeing a neurologist may help here if your long term memory is continuing to give you problems.

As for your indications of some kind of dimensional slip, there are stories around of experiments going on involving time. The science gets a lot trickier and there have been no official public disclosure of such technology. With a neurologist providing a clean bill of health it will help in getting support to take this line of enquiry further.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

You've probably missed it but I did mention I was 'sickly' growing up and had to have ECGs and MRIs on 6 month spans for about 4yrs. In the late 90's I was given a complete clean bill of health - It definitely isn't my mental state.

On a sidenote: (And no I'm not linking it just saying lol) Isn't time usually supposed to fly when on this forum? I swear on my life it was 4pm about 2hrs ago and I thought it was 6pm now and my partner would be home from work... It's only 4:27pm...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

I went through a phase like that...it was a bit after high school. I went from smartest person around, to the moron who doesn't make sense. I NEVER know things that happen in news...regardless of how big they are. Recently (like in the past 4 years) ....I have regained my title as being the guy who will answer whatever random question you come up with.

Perhaps i had a similar experience and didn't know.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I concur. It sounds like a good start to a science fiction story. I imagine it would involve you somehow slipping through a window into some other universe that's just a bit different from the one you left behind. Or maybe you had your brain zapped and it rearranged itself.

Either way, there's a good story behind all this. Just need to fill in the holes with exciting things.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all of us had our memory zapped clean.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

were you near whitecastle?

if so, you are dead and a hooker.

but famous!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a fascinating topic to me. Years ago, on Coast to Coast, Art Bell brought up that many people recall Nelson Mandela dying or being assassinated but obviously he is still alive. Does anyone else recall that show? It was a very large number of people that recalled him dying. The subject has interested me ever since. Wish I could remember when it aired,. Would have had to be sometime between 2000 and 2005, I'd guess. Anyway, just thought I'd put this out to you and you can research it as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join