It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Documentary?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
reply to post by topherman420

Not everythings about money dude :/ why do people always think its about money..
Yes,fair enough its a documentary,yes you have to pay for it,but thats because they want it on the big screens.Of course your going to have to pay.

'fear mongering this..' 'fear monger that..' Not everything is a fear monger,infact i thin youll find its the fact of getting over the fear of death so everyone can understadn the situation with our planet quicker..although its too late already..

If it was truly meant to be informative and educate (which would bore a majority of drama lovers) they could of easily found people who would of given their expertise to the masses, and maybe even done a fundraiser to minimize any production costs....but then again, thats alot of work for free for a government that could really use an economy boost. It isn't always about money, but when you look at the originator, the potential outcome and the presentation, it basically points to that.

And yeah there's dissenters out there, especially when the supposedly un-trusted governments should be the experts on 2012 conspiracy and will let it all out and tell the "truth".

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
COOL! I love documentary's and I am most interested in the Mayans so I will be excited to watch it.

I wish they wouldn't wait until 2012!! Dang it!!!

I am with Skorpiogirl....I FEEL as though something big is on the horizon and have felt this way since Jan. of this year.

There is no telling what is the cause of Earth changes we are experiencing but it is definitely noticeable to those of us who are not only intuitive but..AWARE.

In saying that maybe we are indeed entering in a new type of awareness whereas people are waking up to more and more TRUTH.....whatever the case....I embrace change because this world is in dire need of it. Bring it!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Dont worry,i wasnt with the idea,just throwing it out as an example used

Personally im more of a spiritualist myself
i mean at the moment im reading stuff like sacred geometry and the history of our planet aswell as other history,thats how i come to think that this 2012 thing is just another end of the cycle,but also could be the end of us,purely for the fact the earth might shift?tsunamis,earthquakes..sounds fictional but can be done :/ thats the main thing,people have to get over the fact that they think its fantasy,wheter this thing will happen or not,a global destruction can be done..

Never rule anything out,ever..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh and this is what struck me in the article.....will have me on the edge of my seat in anticipation for the documentary.

"This information has been protected for 80 years, and now it's important for people to understand the series of events that are coming, and the consequences for all of us."

Events are coming and there will be consequences for ALL OF US??? Hmmmmm.....

Can you say......SUSPENSE!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

want to know why? Because time and time again ELEnin and Nibiru, along with the Mayan predictions have been shot down so many times, yet the YouTube videos and christian faith sites still cash in on this crap.
reply to post by 31Bravo

Bless your heart.

I transcended Christianity long ago, however I don't remember mentioning it here (or meteors, for that matter).

I wish you the best.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

This is just a product out out there to make money. Don't be so naive. Dooms Day prophecies have come and gone for thousands of years and never come to be. These are not special times we live in, at least no more special than any other times anyway.

Why do people always think that their time on earth is the most important in history? The sky is not falling anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

i mean at the moment im reading stuff like sacred geometry and the history of our planet aswell as other history,thats how i come to think that this 2012 thing is just another end of the cycle,but also could be the end of us,purely for the fact the earth might shift?tsunamis,earthquakes..sounds fictional but can be done :/ thats the main thing,people have to get over the fact that they think its fantasy,wheter this thing will happen or not,a global destruction can be done..

That just made me remember what is supposedly the Third Secret of Fatima.... It is as if a lot of spiritual/Religious type people believe something BIG is on the horizon. The Third Secret of Fatima is supposed to be what some say a bright light in the sky as if it will rain fire, but it doesn't. The ones who do not die from the shock is said to be the "faithful" and we will then see with "New Eyes" as if to say we will then be on a higher level of consciousness whereas we will be more transparent and be able to communicate without words... LOTS of speculations out there about the Third Secret of Fatima. The Pope said he would not tell what it is even though Mary ordered Sister Lucy to have it read to the public in 1960....and he still hasn't. He said what is the purpose to release something of this magnitude that will send fear through everyone. There is a responsibility he said to the ones who will hear it and yet there is nothing we can do about it anyway....we have to pray regardless. I really wish he would spill the beans already. I mean...come on. MARY said to and he is totally disobeying her. I hope that works out for him in the long run.
Ahhhhh... Just kiddin'.

A Lot of speculation as to what the Mayans really conveyed if anything in regards to the "end" of their Calendar.

Time will definitely tell though.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Oh come on, do I look worried?

I agree, if nothing else it's not the end, it's a beginning and even if it is the end of us? So be it. Everything that is supposed to happen IS happening as it should. On another note... I love disasters of the natural kind!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
wow rich people savin $2000 worth of food in a bunker
if something did happen i would pry open there bunker / point my piece at them / take everything!

when leaving i would say "dont like it call the cops!"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealcatman
if something did happen i would pry open there bunker / point my piece at them / take everything!

I'm pretty sure people who care enough to have bunkers stocked with food will also have an aresnal of weapons on the ready

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

want to know why? Because time and time again ELEnin and Nibiru, along with the Mayan predictions have been shot down so many times, yet the YouTube videos and christian faith sites still cash in on this crap.
reply to post by 31Bravo

Bless your heart.

I transcended Christianity long ago, however I don't remember mentioning it here (or meteors, for that matter).

I wish you the best.

Ah condescending posts
.. gotta love'em. No, I was simply using all of the culminating fears that christians like to use to draw in believers (i.e. 2012, ELEnin, Nibiru). Don't get upset to what appears to be a fact, but I personally see a lot more fear monger videos from christian faith than I do by others.. don't get offended, noone is bashing your faith but obviously some truth about that hurts? i don't know..
edit on 18-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Wow. I am no longer sure what your point is, or why you're trying to convince me of it. I am neither argumentative nor confrontational.

What is evident, however, is that rather than accept a true blessing from a brother, you reject it as a condescending gesture.

My heart is true and that is not dependent upon others' belief systems.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Right.. I'm not an english major and like the guy on 40 year Old Virgin says "You're using a lot of big words that I don't understand, so I'll just take them to offense.. shut up and help me with the sale"
. Let's just agree to disagree..
thanks for your time.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

The mexicans must know more about the mayan than we do. They must have top secret decoded files on what they researched at the mayan ruins.

Probably stuff on the igigi/greys/nephilim.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm open minded on this one and hoping for the best, would a renowned news agency like routers have be suckered into this if not some form of truth exists? Please let it be true, and also let it be good not bad!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
I'm open minded on this one and hoping for the best, would a renowned news agency like routers have be suckered into this if not some form of truth exists? Please let it be true, and also let it be good not bad!

Certainly they would, truth or none....trends, opinions, the latest political scandal, these are the things that media looks for and uses for ratings and website hits, news is a competitive world and media outlets without popular news and interested viewers die off. That being said, I trust that some will research for themselves and omit any biased information the program may or may not deliver. Im not saying that its a horrible thing they are doing, (though im sure the boring non end of the world stuff will be low and the what if's played up tremendously, its a smart way of boosting tourism, especially with the 2012 trend thats been happening. If the money benefits the people so be it, but I hope people take it with a grain of salt and research themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see the version as produced in Mexico versus whatever liberties are taken with the English version we see in the US. Less on topic: the numbers that seem to recur in my life and have significance were mostly found on a roulette wheel - now I'm older there's sure to be new significant numbers.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Originally posted by therealcatman

I'm pretty sure people who care enough to have bunkers stocked with food will also have an aresnal of weapons on the ready
Yep,..
locked and loaded

AS for this big news from mexico..
nope

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well clearly my post has had a mixed response. People seem to be falling into either one of two groups. those who are open minded - myself included and those who see this as nothing more than a money making scam. Even with high profile government officials apparently involved.

Maybe this story is all a racket and possibly motivated by greed, however as has been pointed out by a few readers, why would news agencies such as Reuters run with it? When the time comes and this documentary is released are we just going to be served 2 hours of BS? That hardly makes sense!

The Maya have drawn much attention in recent years with a number of theories, views and opinions put forward, undoubtedly many of these ideas are for money making and publicity purposes. However, when we see names such as Vincent Fox involved wouldn't it be ignorant for us to simply claim money as the sole motive here?

As we have seen many times recently what with UFO files being released by Governments left, right and center, isn't it at least possible than they do know something and are simply waiting for the RIGHT TIME to release the information?

It doesn't have to be apocalyptic in nature, although many assume this when 2012 is mentioned.
Maybe the story is more complex than that. I thinks it's at least possible that they have to wait for certain events to unfold before anything is disclosed, much like the subject of UFOs.

Thank you to all who have contributed.

"The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I live in Yucatan, an hour and a half away from the Chichen Itza Piramid, and, well.... we here do not believe that crap. Mayan were bigger than to pronosticate "world anihilation". It was just the end of a cicle, that´s all.

And for the documentary, I bet is for the money, but going into the producer´s pockets. I am sure the Campeche goverment gave him the permission to be at those locations believing that it will be a serious documentary, and it will end up being a "2012 cathastrophe" documentary. No 80 years long hidden secret.

Sorry.

p.s. If it wasn´t for the producer´s profit, do you really think the Mexican goverment care about the doc/movie being at theaters first? of course not, but it is a way to get more money out of it for the producer. People will go to theaters to watch anything about 2012.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join