It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rule 48 invoked before the US markets open...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It will go DOWN today DOWN tomorrow and back up Monday

Wooo so short now, and buy cheap on Friday , sell on monday.

same pattern as last week or the week before..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
And gold smashed through the $US1,800 per ounce barrier just a while back.
Reached all the way up to $US1,820 per ounce before settling back slightly to $US1,815 per ounce.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The news at 10AM should be interesting.

It will probably sink the market lower.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So, as the middle class loses their 401-K's, and retirement funds, you laugh.
Rather a sadistic attitude, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Well they are fools to trust the government and banks with their money.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Maybe that'll teach them a valuable lesson. Never trust the government.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

A fool and his money are soon parted. Maybe that'll teach them a valuable lesson. Never trust the government.

At the end of the day its just MONEY.

I came into the world with none, I leave with none. Big deal.

I have a lot invested in AMEX:GMO, very GOOD company, also MM's like to play this one but so can I

Its very cheap prices now.

Market will go down today, and tomorrow, and back up next week.

Been through it many times.

I don't sit and watch my portfolio every day lol, I did my research.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Ah, so both sadistic and punitive? These people should be punished with being wiped out, because they made a decision to plan for their retirements. ?

So, let their retirement funds be wiped out, even though it's their own money they worked for, but perhaps didn't make a wise choice in investments; and simultaneously end social security and Medicare.

Old People. Let them eat cake.

edit on 8/18/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: to add

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well they are fools. They should have learned that important lesson a long time ago. It's their own fault.

It's not like it happened out of the blue. There were hundreds, if not thousands of warning signs. But they didn't listen because they thought they knew it all... well time to face reality.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
buy emeralds

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Perhaps so, and it is fair to blame the high rollers who orchestrate these collapses, as a game. But to fault a person who was trying to plan ahead and do what he always does, take care of himself, is just wrong. To find amusement in people facing this devestation due to thieves with money and ability to manipulate the markets borders antisocial characteristics.

It's punitive and spiteful.

I'm done here.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Insider trading, the elites need to make their money first before anyone else can.

Rule 48 just gives the elites a way to manipulate the market in their favor. Makes me sick.....

The Russians know this and they have halted all trading today on their indexes.

Russian Trading halted

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Now this is probably wayyy off but I thought I'd bring it up as I AM a conspiracist, maybe traders caught wind of the announcement this morning NASA has planned about the CME/Solar Flare/Sun's behavior?

Probably not. NASA's conference this A.M. EST, is probably nothing exciting as per usual. Oh wait, did that happaen this morning already? IDK..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yes, Chavez decision is crashing the markets.

No it's JP Morgans fault for blowing smoke up everyone's butt all these years and now their deceitful practices are catching up to them. Like they say karma's a b****. After all the gold belongs to Venezuela and they can do whatever they want with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

But could this be a form of an economic attack?

Chavez has been planning an economic attack for awhile. He could have been hoarding this gold purposefully with the intention of pulling it out at just the right moment to create chaos. If that is the case, then I admire his patience, because I would have done it last week!

Still, in reality, the Gold is worthless, so this has to be some sort of strategery? Is he purposefully trying to drive down the world markets?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
shocking. the markets are dropping because people don't want their capital stolen by a bunch of corrupt ceo's and executives.

once again the politicians failed to realize that the people investing are more important to the sustainability of the economy than a punch of thieves whining that people aren't blindly putting cookies back in the cookie jar.

no one was investigated, charged or sent to prison for obliterating the global economy.

if you don't take the fox out of the henhouse, the chickens will just continue to get slaughtered.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yes, Chavez decision is crashing the markets.

No it's JP Morgans fault for blowing smoke up everyone's butt all these years and now their deceitful practices are catching up to them. Like they say karma's a b****. After all the gold belongs to Venezuela and they can do whatever they want with it.

Agreed 100%

I wasn't actually pointing a finger of criticism, just stating what I perceived to be fact. Of course, he will know they don't have the gold...but he's just nationalised the banks and this sends the price of gold up.

Also, the US government has tried hard to get rid of him, so this will be sweet revenge for him and, as you rightly say in relation to JPM - karma's a b.....ch.

I agree, he has every right to ask for his gold..

<< 1   >>

join