It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Frightening Experience as a Child...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was young at the time, about 8 or 10. I remember walking into the kitchen. There was a room to the right of the kitchen, or something like that, where there was an open space you could walk into to get into that room, except there was no door. Anyway, as I walked in, I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I know I was young at the time, but as I looked to the right, near the ground, was this like 6-inch tall rat, covered in neon-glowing, slimy, purple ooze, all over. It also had red eyes, and its teeth were sticking out. You could have imagined how frightened I was, so I immediately ran to a nearby bed and dove in. A couple minutes later, dinner was ready, and everybody else was going to the kitchen. I asked my family if any one of them saw it, and they said no. I then walked into the nearby room, and after searching found nothing. Like it just vanished. I searched in the other rooms of the house too, but found nothing. Not even a trace...

To this day, I'm still wondering if what I saw was real or not. That happened some years ago, when I was little. I know my imagination might have taken over, but I saw that "thing" for like 3 or 4 seconds, which, believe it or not, is a long time, when you're staring at a thing like that. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of an animal like this. It looked like a big, slimy, purple ooze-covered rat, with red eyes and pretty big teeth. It even looked menacing when I saw it... just wondering if anyone has heard of something like this, or even saw something like it. And, it was giving out a kind of purple glow, like it almost wasn't concrete. But I'm pretty sure that it was concrete, and it was giving out a glow...

Thanks for reading my frightening experience! *Peace Out*

[edit on 19-8-2004 by monstervoid8]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
thats imposible! rats dont exist.....

SMR

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
6-inch tall rat, covered in neon-glowing, slimy, purple ooze, all over,red eyes, and its teeth were sticking out

Now thats a bad trip!That would have been the last time I ever ate shrooms again!

I am kidding.
The brain can pull many tricks and this MAY have been one of those times.
Do you happen to remember looking directly at any lights just before seeing this?Do you remember being on any type of medication?
I am not doubting you as I swear I see strange things out the corner of my eye from time to time.Most the time it is tricks of light and quick reflexes making your eyes go goo-goo for a second.
I really dont know what to say other than ,,,,,,KREEPY?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Lol! Shrooms?

Anyway, I was having a normal day when I saw it. I didn't stare directly into any lights, and I don't remember taking medication. It was just a normal day, except for that thing I saw... maybe you're right- maybe it was an illusion. But it sure did seem very real when I saw it...

new topics

top topics

join