It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Event in USA on Thursday, 18 August, 2011 at 08:46 (08:46 AM) UTC.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by angelchemuel

Oh dear, they will all parish! [heavy sarcasm] Doncha think we learned from Japan a nuclear plant incident doesnt mean death and cancer to all inhabitants.

I guess you haven't heard that Japanese hospitals are starting to report patients with radiation sickness.

Increasing number of patients with unexplainable decrease in white blood cells, headache, nausea. They are diagnosed for existing illness and undergo treatment, but they don't respond to the treatment at all. I've seen those cases in my hospital. I'm not saying they are all because of the radiation exposure, but I'm telling you what I'm seeing. When we wash their hair, it comes off in a clump. It is really scary. The doctor says, "I really wonder why the white blood cell count is down..." Doctor, don't be so relaxed about it. There is going to be more and more people who don't respond to treatment.

Here's the link, but I wonder how long it will be up: Link

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh dear, they will all parish! [heavy sarcasm] Doncha think we learned from Japan a nuclear plant incident doesnt mean death and cancer to all inhabitants.

We did? Doncha think you should of researched how long it can take to develop symptoms of radiation poisoning before you say something stupid like that?
edit on 18-8-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aufosg

tell me,do you also want to limit auto power and also alcohol consumption. Microwave ovens. eating grilled food, liquid petro. products contacting skin. cell phone usage. How about getting on your hi-horse about sports enhancement drugs used for geriatric care to enhance strength and mobility...while you band wagon jumpers celebrate this Vermont incident are you also screaming about the above I mention here? Or is it a simple ploy to make people consume a product JUST BECAUSE....you guys kill me with your Illuminati concepts

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is fear mongering no big
deal..

It will be fine and no one will die.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is fear mongering no big
deal..

It will be fine and no one will die.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Most all of the nuclear panic threads in the states are fear mongers. Japan was the real deal, and a tragedy, but IMO this one is blown up a little bit... no pun intended. My reasoning behind this opinion comes from some experience around radioactive machines, say an x-ray lab for example. Technicians in these types of labs, usually hospital techs, scientists, and definitely radiologists are exposed to more radiation every month than any one would actually be exposed to over time from trace amounts of radioactive isotopes. People living under power lines in the suburbs would have more cause to worry.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

its not to hard to see if youre in chat or reading the new threads throughout the day. it actually gets annoying when nothing new is said in the Duplicate posts.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Perish the thought of all the "parishing" people.

Nuclear is indeed safe.

IF we (or rather the ones carrying enough hubris to think that they can control this technology) were to be willing to spend the amount of money necessary to engineer proper safety standards. But as long as there is a profit motive money will always be held in higher regard than the quality of human life.

This would include site selection that didn't place a nuclear plant on sandstone and mudstone, on the coast of an ocean in a known area of high seismicity.

Since none of our current designs can withstand the ultimate power that nature regularly displays, I don't happen to think that it's very safe.

Is it economical?

Tohoku Electric Power Co. boasts nuclear power's economic efficiency, while Hokkaido Electric Power Co (HEPCO) the stability of its cost. Each site comes with bar graphs indicating the cost of generating power through various power sources, and the figures are exactly the same regardless of the utility. For every kilowatt-hour of power generated, hydroelectricity is listed as costing 11. 9 yen, petroleum 10.7 yen, liquefied natural gas 6.2 yen, coal 5.7 yen, and nuclear 5.3 yen.

Really?

However, Kenichi Oshima, a professor of environmental economics and policy at Ritsumeikan University, has done some calculations and has reached a completely difference conclusion. Oshima says that the cost for a kilowatt-hour of electrical power between fiscal 1970 and fiscal 2007 was 10.68 yen for nuclear, 3.98 yen for hydroelectric, and 9.9 yen for thermal generation, with nuclear-generated power coming out as the most expensive. These calculations were even presented at a meeting of the government's Atomic Energy Commission last September. So how does one explain these two different conclusions?

Why the disparity?

First of all, there is a huge gap between estimates given by power companies and figures derived from actual records.

Ok, That's not too surprising. How often will you see projections and estimates vary greatly from actual performance, in any area you look at a metric of ANY type?

Furthermore, in the calculations, Oshima included funds from the national government -- in the form of subsidies to local municipalities and other financial assistance -- to expenses.

"The public foots the cost of fuel through power bills, but if you trace the financial assistance from the national government back to their source, they're taxes," Oshima says. "My calculations looked at how much of the burden of power generation is resting on the shoulders of the public."

Once more the yoke falls upon the populace.

There's also a problem that's specific to nuclear energy. As Oshima points out, massive amounts of money are needed to dispose of spent nuclear fuel, of which there are two options. There is what's called direct disposal, which entails burying the used fuel underground. The other option is to reprocess and reuse the spent fuel in a process known as a nuclear fuel-cycle.

Let's not forget that these waste products represent a danger for longer than the history of human civilization.

source for above quotes

Oh, as for the other end of the fuel cycle in Japan, reprocessing the spent fuel and reusing it?

That's been very successful, hasn't it?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

True, you are correct. I would just think people would leave it up to the mods.

Thanks for the response

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

It does but it takes time. Don't you think you would have learned that from Chernobyl?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

You know? I dont see France crying about their nuke power and only liberals promoting green peace are having a panty bunch party here on ATS

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

A lot of people out there who think "nothing happening" unless they see bodies at their feet.
Ongoing killers effecting many many millions will only be clear to those who take the time to look deep and study the issue. We are all being effected, birth defects have already risen and people are dying!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Say what you want, but Nuclear Power is something our primitive minds cannot and should not be messing with. Fukushima, Chernobyl, and Three Mile Island being prime examples.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

Don't forget SEllafield, Monju, Chalk River, or any number of others...

Yeah, it's safe(ly hidden how dangerous) and should be pursued even more so...

Disclaimer: For the sarcasm-impaired, the later portion of my previous statement is a demonstration of such.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Nice dude. I was unaware of all the other good examples there. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So you're in favor of using old outdated methods of harnessing power?

With this comment and the one on the first page you made...your really showing what you know..keep it up

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
An orgone generator [NOT an accumulator] will STOP a nuclear reactor from functioning if you toss the generator into the cooling pond of that reactor.

instructions for building HHG a holy hand grenade [not a bomb or explosive, just a small orgone generator]

educate-yourself.org...

something for those in the area to think about.

or just to take care of your own
since you will probably need to build a drone [or model airplane] to get it there as members of the church of the poisoned mind and body will obstruct any attempt to do this, never mind the radiation.

stop allowing yourselves to be poisoned and frightened.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There is no way, no chance whatsoever, that these nuclear events are coincidences. These nuclear events coupled with other events such as gmo foods are designed specifically to ruin our dna. Remember, the mathmatician rutherford was specifically tasked to work with genes in the 1920s, yet genes were not officially discovered until the 70s. He wrote this in his memoirs, yes we are fifty years behind the elite in technology.

We are in a world of hurt people, we are entering the final solution, we can all see it but are at the moment powerless to do anything about it.

If my family and I are to go then I hope and pray for a massive solar flare to wipe them out at the same time. Yep, i am gonna do another solar flare dance round the living room now.

edit on 18-8-2011 by TheMindWar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join