It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Event in USA on Thursday, 18 August, 2011 at 08:46 (08:46 AM) UTC.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Nuclear Event in USA on Thursday, 18 August, 2011 at 08:46 (08:46 AM) UTC.

hisz.rsoe.hu

Health officials say a radioactive form of hydrogen that leaked from a Vermont nuclear plant into soil and groundwater has reached the nearby Connecticut River. State Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Harry Chen said Wednesday water samples from the shoreline near the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant last month tested positive for small amounts of tritium, a radioactive isotope of hydrogen that’s been linked to cancer when ingested in large amounts. Gov. Peter Shumlin wants more wells to pull contaminated water from the ground on the Vermont Yankee site. He says he’s “very concerned.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fairewinds.com

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh heck! I am so sorry for anybody living i this area. Please go check out with your local authorities as to the status of this report. I imagine people will have been fishing and swimming in this river? I don't know I am in the UK.

Arnie Gundersson talks about Yankee in one of his video reports a while back. Find video in link below.

Rainbows
Jane

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

already a thread...today...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and a few older ones too...

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh dear, they will all parish! [heavy sarcasm] Doncha think we learned from Japan a nuclear plant incident doesnt mean death and cancer to all inhabitants.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I read the headline as some prediction of a nuclear bomb that will go off. Good to know it's only a highly dangerous event that already occurred.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

reply to post by mikeybiznaz

check the links provided. by shaneR
this event has been going on for some time. www.abovetopsecret.com...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

Oh dear, they will all parish! [heavy sarcasm] Doncha think we learned from Japan a nuclear plant incident doesnt mean death and cancer to all inhabitants.

I think you ought to go back to your playgroup and let the grownups talk, the effects of what is STILL happening at Fukushima won't be known for years, plus the Japanese government has brought in laws to stop people talking, even amongst themselves, about anything other than the official story about the ongoing nuclear disaster.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Germany no more nukes

www.google.com...

Soon we will be Illuminati free.
Follow the technology leader since 1900 and stop the US and UK controllers
that always stop progress. Well their investment did make for some crazy
times in Germany but lets hope for the best.

And drop the oil fetish and get with Tesla energy from the environment.
Imagine 1000 mph in a little VW Bug FOO Ship.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

I think you ought to go back to your playgroup and let the grownups talk, the effects of what is STILL happening at Fukushima won't be known for years, plus the Japanese government has brought in laws to stop people talking, even amongst themselves, about anything other than the official story about the ongoing nuclear disaster.

LOL dont worry yellowbeard everything is just fine Radiation in some parts of Tokyo higher than Chernobyl exclusion zone
just fine indeed

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

And to think Japan and Germany wanted to atom bomb us just to
prevent us from the Illuminati of oil. WWII was just an oil war to
stop the Tesla energy from the environment being developed by
Japan and Germany.
Now look at what they have.
Germany has been taught its lesson from Japan an I hope
they chose the right alternative energy path.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

eeeer... do you have any idea of what is actually going on in the world?

I think you should go and do some reading

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

personal attacks as childish because I disagree with a post and that I do think nuclear power is safe and equitable?
hummmm...yes ok tell me where is your playground

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR

already a thread...today...

and a few older ones too...

seeya

Appreciated, I didn't know. But my understanding is having checked ATS rules that it is OK to have same story as long as it is not in the same forum.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

How many people died from Turkey's assault on the Kurds this week. How many people died this week in Vermont do to a nuclear incident.....
Yes I am very current on affairs abroad

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

its all good...

i think the MODs meant a different "angle"...

in fact U didnt even offer any opinion, or anything,
just a snip from an exterior source...

IMHO there are already too many threads to keep up with here on ATS...

so....search is your friend,
its amazing how quick news gets to ATS,
and
also more amazing is the repetition of "current" events,,,

eg: this particular NUKE plant has been in the news for years,
and it is still a worry...

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You're being sarcastic right? Survivors of Chernobyl, from miles away, are still developing and suffering from all kinds of cancers, as a direct result of the nuclear accident so many years ago. In time we will see the same in Japan. It urks me that authorities continue to lie about the seriousness of a nuclear meltdown and the effects of nuclear radiation. This is not to be dismissed as no big deal. It is unfathomable to me that authorities still promote dirty energy with disastrous effects, instead of simply going with clean, solar power. What is happening in Japan is catastrophic! Those people need to leave! They are in immediate and imminent danger. They should be told the truth. The truth is scary, but needs to be told. That's not fearmongering, it is responsible reporting to the public. We need responsible journalists. Your local "authorities" are neither authorities on the subject, nor are they responsible. If groundwater in the U.S. is contaminated from nuclear accidents, that's not something to dismiss lightly or joke about, we need to notify the local residents. But for God's sake, don't think your local authorities are in a position to do something about it. They are not. They are simply told not to panic the public. But maybe there is reason to panic.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nuke plants are for the ignorant as well as all the other Illuminati energy sources.
They can't hide the enormous energy in the environment by tumbling Tesla's tower.
Making us think Tesla would move the Earth in orbit and such utter nonsense as
Aliens knowing more about nature than we do. Earth, the giant generator we all
can use by going beyond our present power systems feeble use still helping to
close the circuit to ground.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My knowledge of US Geography isn't great, but I believe this river does go through some heavily populated areas such as Springfield, Mass. and Hartford, CT, so we could be talking of many thousands effected here. Does anyone over there know if people get fish or drinking water supplies from this river? If so, the results could be a catastrophe, at least in the short term.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ummm, hope you were being sarcastic with the second part of your statement there, too. We didn't learn sh-t from Fukishima. Cancer takes years to start popping up all over the place and killing indiscriminately.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR

its all good...

i think the MODs meant a different "angle"...

in fact U didnt even offer any opinion, or anything,
just a snip from an exterior source...

IMHO there are already too many threads to keep up with here on ATS...

so....search is your friend,
its amazing how quick news gets to ATS,
and
also more amazing is the repetition of "current" events,,,

eg: this particular NUKE plant has been in the news for years,
and it is still a worry...

seeya

I know this is why I added the link to Fairwinds as Arnie Gunderson had talked about this plant some time ago.
I believe I did add my own views too.
Rainbows
Jane
edit on 18-8-2011 by angelchemuel because: Spelling!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join