It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the REAL Looters: "Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I firmly believe it's time we stopped this ineffectual fence sitting and either get out of the EU altogether, my personal preference, or, if as a result of a pro-EU vote in a referendum, we take a full and active part in all things EU, including the Euro etc, and try to become a force for positive change....naive I know.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I firmly believe it's time we stopped this ineffectual fence sitting and either get out of the EU altogether, my personal preference, or, if as a result of a pro-EU vote in a referendum, we take a full and active part in all things EU, including the Euro etc, and try to become a force for positive change....naive I know.

I am fine with that, but be very clear, you also want out of the EEA too keep in mind, being a member of even just at the EEA level, you will still allign your laws.
edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by JennaDarling

best way to fix your problems is to sell everything you own.

I dont own anything, no house, no car.. blah blah.. sure I wear clothes, want them, i dont think theyll fit.

no I don't want them. now get your government to do the same and you have a win win situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

best way to fix your problems is to sell everything you own.

I dont own anything, no house, no car.. blah blah.. sure I wear clothes, want them, i dont think theyll fit.

no I don't want them. now get your government to do the same and you have a win win situation.

I would absolutely love to live in a society like Star Trek , hell yeah lol

You won't get me standing in the way lol

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Personally I want nothing whatsoever to do with the inherently corrupt EU as it is now.
It is corrupt, dictatoral, repressive and has absolutely no regard for the UK and it's people.

I am not necessarily anti-European, (some of them are ok,
), rather anti-EU.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

you don't get some star trek utopia from do that. Istead you get you goverment in charge and not the banks if the government has sold enough to deplete the banks of enough of their money.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Personally I want nothing whatsoever to do with the inherently corrupt EU as it is now.
It is corrupt, dictatoral, repressive and has absolutely no regard for the UK and it's people.

I am not necessarily anti-European, (some of them are ok,
), rather anti-EU.

Acutally it is the British Government is corrupt, dictatorial, repressive and has absolutely no regard for the UK and it's people.

Britain is the most tyranical, authoritarian government in Europe.

It there ever is a police state example. it is Britain.

edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Taking into consideration that their banskters are in cohorts with the US banskters what do you expect US corruption was the one that created the last economic crisis brought down the dollar, now the EU bankrupted many countries, got them into debt and now the downfall of the US is still going to affect any bank link to them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I think I've already made my dislike of the current UK electoral and parliamentary procedures pretty clear....but I thought we were discussing the EU?

Start a thread on the comparative repressiveness of the UK and EU governing bodies and I'll gladly contribute, less of the deflection here please.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think I've already made my dislike of the current UK electoral and parliamentary procedures pretty clear....but I thought we were discussing the EU?

Start a thread on the comparative repressiveness of the UK and EU governing bodies and I'll gladly contribute, less of the deflection here please.

Not just about their politicans, also the policing. The entire country is the most watched in the world, CCTV and more. As Iran press stated, how can they not identify the rioters with all those CCTV cameras. I never get stopped in the street by the police in other european countries, I have been stopped by them in the UK many times.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but where is the relevance with this thread's topic?

ETA.

Oh, and are you seriously trying to use Iranian government rhetoric as a reliable or supportive source?

edit on 18/8/11 by Freeborn because: ETA

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They want to act like all the looters
stealing a few tv's are bad.

These banking thieves are the worst kind.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but where is the relevance with this thread's topic?

You cried that Europe is authoritarian and corrupt and blah blah

I just showed that the UK is actually the leader in corruption and authoritarian and tyranical rule.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yea we will take it, but only because we have too.

The EU could make life very hard for us if we don't do what they want. They hate us and know they have the power to bully us.

But we need the EU, the economies are intertwined, and if we pulled out we would lose vital trading partners so we have to stay.

Plus the only parties that will leave the EU, are the far right parties and who will vote for them even if they wanted too?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

First of all you showed nothing, you gave an opinion - nothing more, nothing less.

Secondly, we were discussing the EU and I gave some of the reasoning behind my dislike of the EU and why I would like to see a referendum on the UK's continued membership.

Any discussion on the repressive nature of UK society etc should be reserved for a thread on just that, and there's been plenty in the past.

ETA.
And I never 'cried' anything, I merely stated my personal belief.

Seems to me like you have a problem with someone having and expressing different opinions to yours.
edit on 18/8/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

First of all you showed nothing, you gave an opinion - nothing more, nothing less.

Secondly, we were discussing the EU and I gave some of the reasoning behind my dislike of the EU and why I would like to see a referendum on the UK's continued membership.

Any discussion on the repressive nature of UK society etc should be reserved for a thread on just that, and there's been plenty in the past.

Yes we are discussing the EU, of which the UK is a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Iceland is in the EEA but do not have a full EU membership, yet jenna is talking about leaving the EEA if we leave the EU?

Sounds like a contradiction ... I'm not good with this but that's my view. correct me if im wrong

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What was the german translation for 'troll' again? Oh yes...it's 'troll'

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
Iceland is in the EEA but do not have a full EU membership, yet jenna is talking about leaving the EEA if we leave the EU?

Sounds like a contradiction ... I'm not good with this but that's my view. correct me if im wrong

Not at all. I said there is differnet levels of participation, go read all the posts.

I am simply asking for those crying to leave completely, if they are clear that they also imply leaving all EU structures, of which the EEA is one.

They said yes.

It is a very valid point to talk about the EEA in connection with Europe.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well, I don't agree with leaving the EU but something does need to be done, I'm not sure what.

Anyway, as iceland is only part memeber of the EU, does that give them responsibility of paying the amount of tax towards the EU as other countries do?

I really should do more reading

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join