It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the REAL Looters: "Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by JennaDarling

If there is no money how to do build? you get slaves. why should the people pay to rebuild government buildings if they are not needed? and if these are privite buildings then the owners should rebuild them their selves not the tax payer. trust me if the government wanted to rebuild their buildings they do they don't wait for the money.

Yeah lol good luck with that.

Good luck with what?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Where has the money from all this 'trade' gone? There has never, ever been so much money in existence on the planet...so why are there still people living in appalling conditions?

Where is the money? In whose accounts has it been sequestered?

The system of 'trade' that you support is a ponzi scheme which benefits only the handful of wealthy controllers.
It does not benefit the people, it is used to enslave them and control them.

There is more and more money in existence but less and less of it is owned by the people. That's deliberate policy.

Have their wars brought peace?
Has their trade alleviated poverty in the world?
Has all their 'ecology' made one jot of difference to the corporates poisoning our planet?

If not, WHY NOT? Follow the money and it's clear to see for anyone willing to look.

edit on 18-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by wcitizen

This how the elite in power enslave nations around them with debt, so while the EU were able to do that to those under their wing, now that their banskters are in trouble they most sell their own citizens to France and Germany in order for their own elites to keep thriving, guess what they will do it, for greed they will sell their own citizens.

The EU is far more than that.

I think it is pretty shallow thinking just to see that. Try looking through non-bitter eyes.

We all know banksters are the worst low of the low, followed by politicans.

Sure they would love to control everything, and they will, with or without the EU, with or without Britain, lets not forget Britain was the most controlling empire on the planet, look at the Queen and the royal family, the British Monarch is one of the biggest scum on the planet.

The Monarch and her family around Europe are KNEE DEEP in controlling it, it is not about Brussels controling it, the monarchs control it. The Empire never went away, it just kept changing names, just like the Queen did.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have no problem with paying taxes, but I do take exception to what happens to my taxes.

I have no regard or liking for the current party political system we have in the UK and believe radical reform is required.

This country has plenty of money, it's just obscenely unevenly distributed with the majority in the hands of an amoral and corrupt minority and the financial system they support.
And that has indeed led to serious under investment.
But that is exacerbated with the added burden of a massive financial commitment to EU for which we receive very, very little in return.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

It's time to withdraw from Europe and concentrate on our own problems, put back in place our border controls, and make Britain Great again

Withdraw from Europe?

Europe is the UK's biggest trading partner.

We need Europe.

Also, they have nicer food

edit on 18-8-2011 by Merigold because: Spelling error

"Europe is the UK's biggest trading partner."

That has nothing to do with this subject what so ever. If the UK were to withdraw from the EU you believe that trading would stop?, What happened before the creation of the EU then?, Did none of us trade anything?.

Really think about what you just said, mate....that's a very weak argument!.

edit on 18-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

you still think you are going to easily export to Europe, think it through. If you still think that is going to solve your immegration problem, think again. If you still think that is going to solve your mismanaged treasury budget, think again. If you still think that is going to solve your riots, think again. But sure, lets play, Please leave europe COMPLETELY at ALL LEVELS. All those grants from Europe, GONE All that access to Galellio GPS, GONE All that access to ESA, GONE All that exporting to Europe, tarrif Free, GONE All that freedom of movement, GONE All that cheap labour doing the jobs you dont want to do, GONE All that chance to easily buy your properties in Spain, GONE All those human rights cases the Eeropean court upheld against the UK, GONE

We're net contributors grants from Europe are our own money.
Galileo waste of money we'll just use US system.
We import much more from Europe than we export so tarrif away.
Cheap labour lol there are billions of people on the planet man power is not a problem.
Yeh like Spain would refuse rich British retirees treing to buy property.
Human rights cases like when they stopped us returning a bunch of hijackers. and anyway European court seperate from EU
We would save tens of billions a year without EU regulations and our net contribution.Your ludicrous list of benefits from the EU is pathetic thank the Lord we didn't join the Currency the only shrewd decision Brown ever made.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I have no problem with paying taxes, but I do take exception to what happens to my taxes.

I have no regard or liking for the current party political system we have in the UK and believe radical reform is required.

This country has plenty of money, it's just obscenely unevenly distributed with the majority in the hands of an amoral and corrupt minority and the financial system they support.
And that has indeed led to serious under investment.
But that is exacerbated with the added burden of a massive financial commitment to EU for which we receive very, very little in return.

But you do get a lot back, we all do.

It may not be streets named after you or money in your pocket but you get much back from it. those are called NON-TANGABLE benefits.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect

Originally posted by Merigold

It's time to withdraw from Europe and concentrate on our own problems, put back in place our border controls, and make Britain Great again

Withdraw from Europe?

Europe is the UK's biggest trading partner.

We need Europe.

Also, they have nicer food

edit on 18-8-2011 by Merigold because: Spelling error

"Europe is the UK's biggest trading partner."

That has nothing to do with this subject what so ever. If the UK were to withdraw from the EU you believe that trading would stop?, What happened before the creation of the EU then?, Did none of us trade anything?.

Really think about what you just said, mate....that's a very weak argument!.

edit on 18-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

Trade wouldnt stop, but it would get harder due to Tarrifs to trade into the EEA as an OUTSIDE country.

You would be uncompetitive and lose export business and those businesses that depend on that exports, would fail.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11

you still think you are going to easily export to Europe, think it through. If you still think that is going to solve your immegration problem, think again. If you still think that is going to solve your mismanaged treasury budget, think again. If you still think that is going to solve your riots, think again. But sure, lets play, Please leave europe COMPLETELY at ALL LEVELS. All those grants from Europe, GONE All that access to Galellio GPS, GONE All that access to ESA, GONE All that exporting to Europe, tarrif Free, GONE All that freedom of movement, GONE All that cheap labour doing the jobs you dont want to do, GONE All that chance to easily buy your properties in Spain, GONE All those human rights cases the Eeropean court upheld against the UK, GONE

We're net contributors grants from Europe are our own money.
Galileo waste of money we'll just use US system.
We import much more from Europe than we export so tarrif away.
Cheap labour lol there are billions of people on the planet man power is not a problem.
Yeh like Spain would refuse rich British retirees treing to buy property.
Human rights cases like when they stopped us returning a bunch of hijackers. and anyway European court seperate from EU
We would save tens of billions a year without EU regulations and our net contribution.Your ludicrous list of benefits from the EU is pathetic thank the Lord we didn't join the Currency the only shrewd decision Brown ever made.

So basically you want to be a patsy to America.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A lot of people ignorantly forget that Europe has differnet levels of participation, EEA means they also align their laws as well as having access to trading in europe without huge tarrifs as America and the rest do.

A lot of people ignorantly worship trade as god. Trade doesn't work for the people, the people work for the oligarchs. A lot of people ignorantly don't even consider anything outside money and trade. That's what got us in this mess.

I don't think Iceland can go downhill any further lol, actually I think they did a good job of managing their bankruptcy.

Perhaps you should ask the Icelandic people what they think rather than presume.

Their bankruptcy. What about ours? UK has been bankrupt for decades. So has the US. How come? Where has all the money gone? Why are we paying billions each year in interest to a private banking cabal?

Frankly I see two choices.

1) Run away crying

2) Get in there and do something , Europe is a power house, you can choose to be a player or be on the outside looking in.

Europe is a cess pit of corruption. What is power? Power for whom? Power over whom? Power to do what? Make more money for the oligarchs? Wage more wars? Make the corporations bigger and richer? Kill millions of innocent people on the planet?

I recommend you read this book... It's a small book but well written.

markleonard.net...

No thanks, I've heard all these arguments before. They and the Common Purpose which spawns them belong in the garbage cans of history.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Stop the horses here, I am looking at Germany and France markets they are low just like anybody else, perhaps France in more trouble than Germany, why are Germany and France calling the shots on how to fix the Euro, they are not better than the rest of theh EU.

So where the money is going to come from, the IMF?

Can somebody answer that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Stop the horses here, I am looking at Germany and France markets they are low just like anybody else, perhaps France in more trouble than Germany, why are Germany and France calling the shots on how to fix the Euro, they are not better than the rest of theh EU.

You're in the US, don't you have your own problems to deal with or are you going to tell us how to fix ours too?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I suspect the one person who wants out far more than anyone has expressed on this thread so far is actually Mrs Merkel herself. If she could extract the German economy from the rest of Europe she would be very pleased.

You're making the fact that some Brits want to leave Europe very personal, which it isn't.

The fact is that with keeping that £40 million per day or £14.6 Billion per year here, we would be able to regenerate our run down areas, invest in new business and technology and stop our borders being abused by illegal immigration.

The effect of some EU policies on things like farming etc and even down to the ludicrous mountain of red tape and regulation hasn't benefitted this country. We have been hampered by Eurocrats, sitting at their desks qualifying their existence with items such as health and safety, whereby our kids are barely allowed to play in the playground today.

With that investment and British ingenuity even Germany will be queuing up to trade with us. Like Germany we have done this act before and will succeed againl.

link   

best way to fix your problems is to sell everything you own.

link   

You are in ATS the last time I check we are all from all over the world, taking into consideration that the markets in the EU will affect the US and vice versa thanks to the free trade and globalization and let no forget that the IMF sole biggest contributor are the US tax payer, I have as much interest on see where my tax dollars are going as you with your tax dollars.

Now can you answer the question I posted, thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Exactly. These people have proven themselves totally incompetent. It's all just a smoke screen, they are simply playing their assigned roles in advancing the NWO agenda.

The definition of insanity? Keep doing what you've always done and expect a different result.

They have wrecked most European countries. Are we now going to allow them to finish the job?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

best way to fix your problems is to sell everything you own.

I dont own anything, no house, no car.. blah blah.. sure I wear clothes, want them, i dont think theyll fit.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
At what interest rate? Or is there no interest? Businesses with a poor credit rating don't get loans why should countries, help the French again.??? When have they ever thanked us for saving them, I say non!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101

I suspect the one person who wants out far more than anyone has expressed on this thread so far is actually Mrs Merkel herself. If she could extract the German economy from the rest of Europe she would be very pleased.

You're making the fact that some Brits want to leave Europe very personal, which it isn't.

The fact is that with keeping that £40 million per day or £14.6 Billion per year here, we would be able to regenerate our run down areas, invest in new business and technology and stop our borders being abused by illegal immigration.

The effect of some EU policies on things like farming etc and even down to the ludicrous mountain of red tape and regulation hasn't benefitted this country. We have been hampered by Eurocrats, sitting at their desks qualifying their existence with items such as health and safety, whereby our kids are barely allowed to play in the playground today.

With that investment and British ingenuity even Germany will be queuing up to trade with us. Like Germany we have done this act before and will succeed againl.

I never said trade would stop, I just said it would get more expensive to trade with EEA members if you are outside the EEA.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I know that France is the ones now running the IMF, I think and that their votes are the ones most seek for any funding coming from them.

But the IMF biggest contributor is the US so I don't get it, how can they call the shots when they are not providing most of the funds.

Can somebody enlighten me on this one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join