Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Meet the REAL Looters: "Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It would be interesting to put EU membership up for a national vote in each of the current member states. It clearly would be a logical time to do that due to the level of restructuring they are currently contemplating.

I suspect that there are a number of states where the popular vote would be no, including the Greeks who started this slide into economic chaos. I lived in Greece a few years ago and they, along with the vast majority of their village would rather be back on the Drachma and out of the EU.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

No one voted for political union it was supposed to be a trade area which was fine by me.There are other countries which have trade deals with the EU without having to take the directives from the unelected bureaucrats on the commission.If you want the EU to drain Germany of their wealth that's fine by me but leave us out of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Go ahead, leave Europe AND the EEA (don't forget the EEA). Lets see those small businesses shut down fast and unemployment rocket even higher.

I DOUBLE DARE ya.

Go on.
edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Wake up and smell the roses.

EU is a criminal heist on the people of the EU.

It it was up to me we would have pulled out years ago.

As would I, tho that does not mean jumping into bed with America.. just a rehash of our trading agreements and perhaps looking to expand trade within the Commonwealth, and since it contains some of the worlds poorest nations, perhaps it is time we share what knowledge we have with them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete

that's right, if you don't like Europe, well you can just giiit out

Jenna... darling, nothing like programmed responses to take the heat of thinking for yourself

you are a mind controlled drone, so we are not allowed to criticize? go back to sleep
edit on 18-8-2011 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-8-2011 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

The majrotiy of people want out...I would be only to happy to get out. The EC is just another plan of the NWO.

If you can't see that, the programming has worked well on you.

He was being sarcastic, did you not get the "giiiit out" bit? click the link, it was a lol, a nod to South Park, you get it now? Both he and I are obviously against the wicked, wicked EU.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
edit on 18-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

A bit unlike the riots, in fact totally unlike the riots. The losers who rioted in the UK did not ask the shop owner if they could loot his store. Merkel is asking for money. If she does not get it, I doubt that German troops are going to storm the Bank of England.

This is a smart thing that Merkel is doing. The EU is unsustainable for a number of reasons. They are putting out the numbers that it will cost to maintain it and will see where folks, like the UK sit. If the UK says no, then they have another government who, aparently like Germany and France who either don't have the resources nor the political will to salvage the EU. Once they get critical mass and it can be proven that there is insufficient political and financial resources to save the EU then they need to figure out what the steps need to be taken to unwind it. Their call for a superstate the other day is the same thing. The Greeks and others will never give up their sovergnity to join a political union with the political infrastructure they described the other day and Merkel knows that. They floated the idea so that it would be shot down.

I doubt that she even wants the cash. She has to publically ask for it so that the refusal is on record, but does not really want it. Germany is sick and tired of being one of the nations that prop up Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal. Its quite clear that Merkel wants if not an elimination of the Euro than a two tier model.
edit on 18-8-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

I didn't see the uk taxpayer being asked if they were willing to foot the bill for the gambling debts of the big banksters.

The UK taxpayer won't be asked if they now want to bail out Europe .

But it's ok, because the MSM isn't whipping everyone up into a frenzy about it, so no-one will bleat about it.

I call hypocrisy on everyone who screamed about the riots and now remain silent about the biggest heist in human history which is currently going on.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
you're all worried about money, a ficticious item made up by banks.

Who is the programmed drone now?

Money money money. it only has value if you give it value.

Let the entire monitary system collapse, seriously.

What you goan do, cry because you have no currency? We DONT NEED it, THEY DO, WE DONT.

They use it to control you, but we can get by without it, just stop being greedy and wanting to have something somebody else hasnt or to be bigger better than everybody else.

The problem isnt the money system it is HUMANITY.

What is so bad with living in a world of equals? Ever Watch Star Trek? Thats a clue.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's time to withdraw from Europe and concentrate on our own problems, put back in place our border controls, and make Britain Great again

Withdraw from Europe?

Europe is the UK's biggest trading partner.

We need Europe.

Also, they have nicer food
edit on 18-8-2011 by Merigold because: Spelling error

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

It's time to withdraw from Europe and concentrate on our own problems, put back in place our border controls, and make Britain Great again

Withdraw from Europe?

We need Europe.

Good luck trading with Europe from outside the EEA

I hear American companies are good at it *g*

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Reading up on some of the financial transactions, the year that Poland joined, and received its first payment from the EU, (which was roughly what the Brits pay in each year) promptly went to America and bought fighter jets for its airforce! did not matter its hospitals were falling down, or its roads were more potholes than surface, no, lets have some brand new shinny things that fly.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

It would be interesting to put EU membership up for a national vote in each of the current member states. It clearly would be a logical time to do that due to the level of restructuring they are currently contemplating.

I suspect that there are a number of states where the popular vote would be no, including the Greeks who started this slide into economic chaos. I lived in Greece a few years ago and they, along with the vast majority of their village would rather be back on the Drachma and out of the EU.

There's a push in the UK, led by one of the main newspapers, to get UK out of Europe. They're pushing for a referendum. It has huge support. Cameron has already said he won't agree to a referendum.

I have no doubt that a referendum now would be a landslide to dismantle Europe - hence the politicians who DO NOT have our best interests at heart, will never agree to a referendum.

Both the government and the people have forgotten that government is there to obey the people and not the other way round.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Reading up on some of the financial transactions, the year that Poland joined, and received its first payment from the EU, (which was roughly what the Brits pay in each year) promptly went to America and bought fighter jets for its airforce! did not matter its hospitals were falling down, or its roads were more potholes than surface, no, lets have some brand new shinny things that fly.

Exactly. It's just another money funnel to take money away from the people and funnel it into the private accounts of the same handful of corporations/bankers.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Withdraw from Europe?

We need Europe.

Iceland is doing well on it and they have fewer resources than us.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

you're all worried about money, a ficticious item made up by banks.

Who is the programmed drone now?

Money money money. it only has value if you give it value.

Let the entire monitary system collapse, seriously.

What you goan do, cry because you have no currency? We DONT NEED it, THEY DO, WE DONT.

They use it to control you, but we can get by without it, just stop being greedy and wanting to have something somebody else hasnt or to be bigger better than everybody else.

The problem isnt the money system it is HUMANITY.

What is so bad with living in a world of equals? Ever Watch Star Trek? Thats a clue.

What do you buy your food with, grains of sand?

How do you keep a roof over your head? With bottles of sea water?

The system is such that people now are dependent on money for their basic needs. The plan is now to remove that money from them and make them totally dependent on the government for survival. They you'll really see them put the boot in.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Europe is not a 'trading partner' it is full of trading competitors, 'trading partner', more disinformation from TPTB.
And Germany is the powerhouse of the EU, not the UK. The idea of the Tobin tax is because Deutchland is getting damned tired of propping up the rest of the Eurozone.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Looks like all the UK government has to do is say no we don't want to play that role.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree, and in fact it's just as important to get ourselves out of the 'specially satanic relationship' with US.
edit on 18-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes, I realised that once I'd clicked 'reply', lol!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

Looks like all the UK government has to do is say no we don't want to play that role.

Cameron won't say that - or if he does, he'll find another way of giving them the money without letting the public be aware of it.

Don't you think the people should have a say in it?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Withdraw from Europe?

We need Europe.

Iceland is doing well on it and they have fewer resources than us.

Iceland are MEMBERS of The EEA, also now discussing getting FULL EU membership. As is Norway, Switzerland, Leichensteien all EEA members.

Iceland depends on imports to survive, it only exports fishing mostly

If iceland was outside the EEA, they would find it much much harder.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join