It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the REAL Looters: "Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I believe, to get us all out of this mess, something very fundamental has to happen.

This cannot be another revolution. As history has proven, revolutions just change the surface of societies, but not their mechanisms.

I think, Lenin realized that his revolution failed in that minute, when he - to maintain the functionality of the Soviet Union - had to go back to the apparatus that already was at work under the Czar.

Like all the previous ones, every future revolution will only result in the change of the figureheads.

To get us out of the mess we're in, we don't need a revolutionary change, we'll need an evolutionary change.

As countless people before me realized, mankind itself must change.

Our perception must change. Our consciousness must change.

We must realize, that we are not separated from each other. We must realize, that we all are part of a greater organism, the earth, and finally, the universe.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, just take a look at this:

primaxstudio.com...

(breathtaking, isn't it?
)

As long as we don't understand that, we'll continue to separate us from each other and everything around us.

Finally, this will lead us down the road of our own extinction.

A shame if it was only then, that our minds (if they're still around then) realized, that all our ashes were of the same color.

A real tragedy. Because there's so much to discover, so much to experience, so much to live...

edit on 19/8/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I give you a star and well said, but god knows what truths those in power are keeping from us. An evolutionary change sounds a bit extreme. I think removing our corrupt governments and cutting all ties to elitist bankers and coporations would be sufficient. It's time to impose legislation that restricts them from having any influence on politicians and governments. For that to happen, we need a revolution to clean out the rot.
edit on 19-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Let's not let the other looters off the hook so fast. Looters are looters. Criminal elitist looters are the worst kind, and they're ALL doing it. Revolution anyone?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by JennaDarling

redevelopment is the problem. you want the best newest thing when you have no money. You have made yourself look like a fool.

redevelopment of deprived areas is NOT a problem, infact it is needed. Just look at that wasteland called Northern Ireland, I can show you streets upon streets of redevelopment planned but the governmetn has NO MONEY because the populous bitch and moan about paying taxes.

Most of my Wee Country, work hard and pay taxes....And who doesnt moan about paying taxes these days? We have a god given right to, as anyone else in Britan. Yes, we had conflict here but whos perfect. Certianly not you or Germany. Look at what your Europe has/Is doing to the to the South of Ireland. Thankgod I am British an not European.
edit on 19-8-2011 by mackey1224uk because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by mackey1224uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

But they do not set the price, they speculate

And indeed if Bernanke prints some more the commodity will rice, but really demand is the driving factor.
Watch when the economy collapses again like it did in 2008, you will see it drop firmly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Partly indeed, i forgot to mention the IMF

But again, the US, France, UK, Japan needs to raise capital to fund the IMF

So your not mistaken, and it is not very clear how the system really works.
To much behind the curtain and kept from the public.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I give you a star and well said, but god knows what truths those in power are keeping from us. An evolutionary change sounds a bit extreme. I think removing our corrupt governments and cutting all ties to elitist bankers and coporations would be sufficient. It's time to impose legislation that restricts them from having any influence on politicians and governments. For that to happen, we need a revolution to clean out the rot.
edit on 19-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

First, thankyou!

Second: Of course it is extreme, but the mess we're in is also extreme.

You're not wrong in saying, that the corrupt governments need to be removed, and that all ties to elitist bankers and corporations need to be cut. But I doubt that - without a significant change in our mind - a revolution would produce a real change.

Finally, other greedy, egotistic people would just replace those previously removed from power by a revolution, and then the game would go on just like before.

I fear, if mankind doesn't advance itself to a more responsible species by free will, a cataclysm of any kind will force us to do so.

Knowing, that usually we prefer to learn things the hard way, it seems inevitable that sooner or later we'll face some tough lessons.

What a mess...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19/8/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Well about 20 years ago I'd agree. But this stuff started to get bad 20 years ago and, I don't know, call it divine intervention,but the internet came along soon after. Technically it's an ongoing trend since the 60s, but back then we had these things called journalists that would investigate things and show the public.

In any case, all information on every candidate's truthfulness or falsity is right there, available to ye who seek it. So I kind of reject this idea that they're hiding it from us. Lying definable, but blame an immature population to lazy to fact check, along with the people lying. One evil does not offset another. And the truth is that in the western world, people don' care as long as they have their bread and circuses. And can I honestly say any different for myself? Sadly, I cannot.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

And you elected people who had agreements with such groups. Investigate before you make your decisions. 'Tis the heart of all woes.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yep,"suits" steal thousands to millions of dollars.

While hooded looters steal a ipod and such,what a tragedy that these people steal a piece of technology junk...

What a joke,just like the EU.

Most of my Wee Country, work hard and pay taxes....And who doesnt moan about paying taxes these days? We have a god given right to, as anyone else in Britan.

Where do you get your information from that tells you,that you have a "god" given right to pay taxes?
What a load of BS.
If god even existed,or was 100% proved to exist,i dont think "god" would give a crap about taxes,or a piece of paper that we call money...dont you think?

Taxes is a man made invention remember,just like money.Its not a holy sign from "god".

edit on 19-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When I found the WWW one of the first sites I found and read on a very regular basis was worldreports.org... most of it I didn't understand but was so amazed with what this man Christopher Story [RIP] was talking about ....I reflect back now and see he was pretty much spot on ...If any one wants a account of what was going on under the ruse of the media then one might want to collect the data Story compiled ....peace

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Let's not let the other looters off the hook so fast. Looters are looters. Criminal elitist looters are the worst kind, and they're ALL doing it. Revolution anyone?

Thank you.
That's exactly what I mean about the looters.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Yep,"suits" steal thousands to millions of dollars.

While hooded looters steal a ipod and such,what a tragedy that these people steal a piece of technology junk...

What a joke,just like the EU.

Most of my Wee Country, work hard and pay taxes....And who doesnt moan about paying taxes these days? We have a god given right to, as anyone else in Britan.

Where do you get your information from that tells you,that you have a "god" given right to pay taxes?
What a load of BS.
If god even existed,or was 100% proved to exist,i dont think "god" would give a crap about taxes,or a piece of paper that we call money...dont you think?

Taxes is a man made invention remember,just like money.Its not a holy sign from "god".

Just to clarify, I think this poster meant that it is their God-given right to MOAN about taxes. Wonky sentence structure almost got me, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I personally don't mind, if the Brits are in or out. Since I like them as a people I rather would like to see them in.
But it is always hard to have someone in the group, who prefers to mourn and cry all the time. Especially if it is just for not having the most advantages from the union.

We in Europe decided to act as a group. I for myself am pi**ed off by the Greek gouvernments of the last years, stealing from the European community and getting away with that. But I understand, that we cannot leave the Greek people alone with that betrayal. (Maybe they could send some of their a**holes to prison to give me some relief on that one.)

Whoever wants to turn back the clock and dreams of the times, when Europeans faught against each other instead to work together must have missed something. The Union is the only way to the future. Maybe we should be a little more careful who we elect to make the rules for the how and when...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Just to clarify, I think this poster meant that it is their God-given right to MOAN about taxes. Wonky sentence structure almost got me, too.

Ahh ok,yer he might of.

If he didnt mean it that way,then what i said doesnt apply.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Yes demand drives prices also, but speculators make the prices to be over inflated, but you don't see any regulations to stop this and never will because it benefits the oil barons. We in the US should not be paying the outragous prices we pay for oil when we are producers.

The middle eats control output and when demand is high they can control how speculators will react with withholding output.

That is why anytime an oil producing country have a fart speculators uses that to drive prices.

Speculators Drive Up Oil Prices

www.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

They use funds from tax payers, at least the US does, what else the money will come from, most of the money that were funded to paid for the first Greek bailout came from the US with Japan second.

That is why I wonder if France and Germany get away with enslaving the EU to prop the euro the one country that provide most of the funds is actually the one that pull the strings.

US has always been the biggest funder. This is something that kind of worries me. (perhaps because the US will lose the most if any country they do business with banckrupt) The IMF works by quota depending on the ability of the most economically influential countries to help keep the rest of the world from falling into economic chaos, or that is what the IMF site tends to hint. To me is nothing but enslaving small economies under their power.

Interesting, right? beside this is to bailout the central banks in the EU. The IMF and the Global banks are not the same I know that much they are two different entities.

edit on 19-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

At the moment the US market is a big problem even for me little person. I don't see them as big investors who help others at all. The uncrontrolled downfall even hits my European little capital, which I thought would help me through the hard times. Now it is giving me the hard times.

Empty pockets are empty pockets. This is true for our side of the pond and for your's. But indeed I see an advantage in Europe: We can try to catch up each other's fall, the US has to rely on Europe and - the more - on China, which bought a lot of Dollars. So I feel a little more safe here with my European friends - though I must admit, I feel more safe with the old members of Western Europe, then with the new ones.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

That is what worries me the most and the one question no body seems to know, Why is the US been the biggest funder of the IMF, I think is because it our banking cartel been linked globally to the central banks in the EU have the most to lose if the EU falls into economic chaos.

This should in the minds of every person here in the US and in the EU, something is going on, while France and Germany seems the biggest players right now it seems that the Federal Reserve in the US using the IMF is actually the biggest role player.

I am learning more and more as I dig out on the True nature of the IMF, Global Bank and the Federal reserve in the role of indenting nations

edit on 19-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't the "City of London" Britain's Wall Street?

From O.P.'s article:

The ‘Tobin tax’ would disproportionately hit the City of London, which accounts for about 70 per cent of the financial services industry in Europe.

and

A transactions tax – also known as a Robin Hood tax because it targets rich traders – would see a small percentage taken from foreign exchange and share transactions.

Like I said, maybe I'm misreading this, but aren't they proposing a tax on all financial trades?

I'd be all for something like that to be imposed on Wall Street here in the U.S.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join