It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless claims rise 9,000 to 408,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The number of initial claims in the week ending Aug. 13 rose 9,000 to 408,000, the Labor Department reported Thursday. The increase was larger than expected. The consensus forecast of Wall Street economists was for claims to rise to 400,000. The four-week average fell 3,500 to 402,500.

I understand last week's 395k was revised upward to 399k as well. Retail level inflation also rose 0.5% in July.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I understand last week's 395k was revised upward to 399k as well.

Of course it was. It always is.

Always on the upside... because they are a bunch of lying bastards, manipulating numbers all the time.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Good info, but where did you get it from? I'm afraid this won't bode too well for the already fickle markets. Just watching it all fall down around them is sad because a lot of honest people will lose money while it still has some value.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's funny to watch the financial websites and see how quickly they post up the good news, and how slowly they post the bad. I think they do this so they can attempt to put some kind of positive looking spin on it. I think everyone knew the jobless claims numbers by now are so heavily manipulated that they are almost a moot point anymore. Every time they release the jobless claims numbers, if they are bad they will be revised days later to be worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The Wall Street Journal is quick to draw hits by posting all of the bad news, and if you watch their videos the newscasters are very pessimistic.

top topics

join