It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: Finding the psychopath poster.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I hope this is in the right forum; please move if not.

I'm calling on the help/support of members here in order to find an excellent, honest, voluntary testimony from someone who described themselves as "....a self confessed psychopath" and who then proceeded to candidly explain their world perspective through their eyes.

I have tried the search function - but no joy; as of yet.

If the person in question, or a member who may remember this post, could point me to the thread - I would be greatly appreciative.

Naz.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I remember that it was in the philosophy forum, but that's about it, I'll see if I can find it from that..brb...

Did you mean this thread? Titled "ask someone with schitzophrenia anything"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18/8/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nazirite

geez, sounds to me like your describing the average ATS user...

more info please !!!

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I think if I remember correctly it was a sociopath not a psychopath.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

Sociopath and psychopath's are the same thing.

To the OP I remember the thread. I think I may have commented in it.. I'll look.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I always thought a sociopath was someone who was a user of people, like a person who has no empathy and cannot see the consequences of his actions. A sociopath is your stereotypical super-capitalist, take care of yourself regardless of anyone else.

But a psychopath was someone like Jeffrey Dahmer. Someone who had serious psychological issues, like eating people. But usually, psychopathic people are well liked and nice people, they just have deep dark fissures floating around their unbalanced brains.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by maskfan

Sociopath and psychopath's are the same thing.

To the OP I remember the thread. I think I may have commented in it.. I'll look.

Wrong, i am a sociopath .. at least my shrink told me that (i deny it so i don't have to take pills .. who knows whats in them) .... but not a psycopath ... i have issues fitting in society but i would never do harm to anyone intentionally although i have some times when i would really kill someone but i don't do it because i have consciousness that doesn't let me do it.. psychopaths act before they let their inner self tell them its wrong ...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
why is this thread so important to ya and if u found it please post here cuz now im curious

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They are not the same thing.

Psychopath is genetic or congenital defect.

Sociopath is genetic propensity expressed by environmental traumas.

Sociopathy is what happens to otherwise good people when psychopaths rise to positions of high influence.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Sociopathy is what happens to otherwise good people when psychopaths rise to positions of high influence.

Hahaha! Sociopathy as a defense mechanism

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Of course it is!

These people are severly traumatized, as any narcissist would be.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I dont think the OP was referring to schizophrenia. 2 completely different things

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here is the most recent thread I am aware of on psychopaths - www.abovetopsecret.com...
The most amazing secret in our society - The answer to almost all your questions

It has gotten into a number of pages. You'll just have to search through it for the psychopath you are looking for. I believe there were several.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sorry that's not right.
I know they try to make a distinction, but neither are actual diagnosis they are just words that attempt to describe someone that has ASPD. Most all psychiatrists use them interchangeably.

Officially though, no true distinction. They aren't even individual disorders.

From the dictionary:

Main Entry: psychopath Part of Speech: noun Definition: person who is mentally deranged, often prone to hurt others Synonyms: antisocial personality, insane person, lunatic, mad person, maniac, mental case, nutcase, psycho, psychotic, schizoid, sociopath, unstable personality

blogs.psychcentral.com...

helpingpsychology.com...
edit on 19-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

For God's sake get a new shrink. That conscience ( I think you were talking about conscience you said conscious though) is exactly why you aren't a sociopath.

edit on 19-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Read the book political ponerology.

There are reasons these terms are made obscure and keep getting renamed things that are more "politically correct"

Go outside of the US psychiatric elite circles, and you'll see that most professionals make the distinction.

Think deeper.

Cheers!

Also, that description really doesn't help your case.

There's a dozen distinct things rolled all into one there.

edit on 19-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Difference between psychopath and sociopath...?

Men in Black part 1...lesson one: The little girl holding the theory of quantum physics book in her hand.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I'm calling on the help/support of members here in order to find an excellent, honest, voluntary testimony from someone who described themselves as "....a self confessed psychopath" and who then proceeded to candidly explain their world perspective through their eyes.

That specific data you seek is in --this-- thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I don't know off hand what page his disclosure begins on.

top topics

join