It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation in some parts of Tokyo higher than Chernobyl exclusion zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is just crazy.

If true... this is insane. Japan will not evacuate Tokyo (whch they should under the circumstance)... it would be way too costly in terms of economy...

So the price will be paid in lives... because the government and people in general put jobs and money above life.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

My heart breaks for the Japanese people. It's precisely because they are such generally good and decent people that this can happen to them without any meaningful fight. Of all the societies this could have happened to, or some may even make an argument about deserving such a horrible event, why Japan?

Then the Japanese Government goes on to finish whatever those 4 reactors didn't do in the first waves of this calamity. The poor people just can't win over there right now. According to those recent stories we read, Japan won't even be letting it's people hear about any of this. Now that's just wrong on so many levels.

edit on 18-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

pathetic..i hope they will be haunted by their ghosts for ever

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Crazy that the MSM seems to have totally forgotten about these poor people.
I dread to think the horrors that will happen to them in the months / years to come.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

We've known it was bad in Tokyo since months ago when they said radioactive sewage sludge was piling up faster than they could deal with it and they were running out of storage space.

I do have a nit to pick with your thread title "Radiation in some parts of Tokyo higher than Chernobyl exclusion zone", the video doesn't really support the claim "parts" as in plural, as he said they found one such reading in Tokyo. So a more accurate title representing the video would be:"At least one radiation measurement in Tokyo higher than Chernobyl exclusion zone". If there's one such measurement there are probably more so your title may indeed be true, but it's not really what the video says.

In any case, it's not a good situation. I do think there's a difference between inhaling hot particles, versus getting exposed to radiation externally. The latter exposure may be temporary, while the former exposure may not be temporary at all, so I thought it was worthwhile for the video to make that distinction.

They must be playing the Ann Coulter video in Tokyo, where she claims that radiation is good for you.

new topics

top topics

join