It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Huge Afghan blast kills 27 US soldiers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
According to the Talibans... if they say 27, it's probably much lower than that. We shall see.

Huge Afghan blast kills 27 US soldiers

A powerful explosion has rocked a US military base in eastern Afghanistan and reportedly killed at least 27 American soldiers and left dozens wounded.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the deadly attack, saying the huge explosion left at least 27 American troops killed and 34 others wounded, a Press TV correspondent reported.

The incident occurred early Thursday when a truck bomb went off inside the US military base in Gardez city, the capital of Afghanistan's Paktia province.

According to the Taliban spokesman, the truck contained hundreds of kilos of explosives.

Witnesses say the explosion was very powerful and a US helicopter was also destroyed in the blast.

With all the large attacks and casualties against US troops recently, is this some kind of plan to force the US military to ``reverse course`` and stay in Afghanistan longer?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
i heard from german source that 2 people died.

edit on 18-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Horrible, sad and disgusting.

A huge waste of human life.

My deepest sympathy to all those who have lost loved ones.

When will we ever learn?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

According to the Talibans... if they say 27, it's probably much lower than that. We shall see.

couldnt U say the same about "the other side"...

"27 Taliban killed" = 25 civilians, and maybe a couple of "suspected" Taliban...

IMHO

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

We are all awaiting confirmation of this action and the REAL death tolls. I've been on ops where we bagged at least 20 of the sumbitches while they go tell the media we suffered losses in the hundreds. CRAPPY media exists on every side. Hoping official figures are dramatically less, if not non-existent.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
2 Afghani guards were killed.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is what im getting from CNN.

Bomb attacks in Afghanistan kill 26

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- A truck bomb ripped through the main security gate of a U.S. military base in eastern Afghanistan on Thursday, killing at least two local guards and injuring nine others, the International Security Assistance Force said.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the suicide attack against the base in Gardez, the provincial capital of Paktia province.

In western Afghanistan, 24 people were killed Thursday when a roadside bomb exploded in Herat province. Eleven others were injured.

Many of the victims were on a minibus that hit the bomb, said Noorkhan Nikzad, a local police spokesman.

From my past experiences, I dont trust presstv.ir too much. They tend to jump to conclusions really fast. Im guessing they lumped both of these attacks together.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Iraq War Facts, Results & Statistics at June 30, 2011
4,469 US Soldiers Killed, 32,130 Seriously Wounded

End This Nonsense

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
You can't trust anything that PressTV says..

When I saw the thread I switched the sat over to the channel, and the tickers still says "several killed, dozens wounded".

Of course it also says "Several wounded in Israeli bus attack near Eliat, Saudi forces fire on peaceful protesters, N. Korea slams U.S. war games as declaration of war" and so on, and so on...

Basically they take any little hint of losses or possible stories even remotely damaging to western interests, exaggerate them 800%, and plaster them all over the screen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

The OP source is PressTV - The state run media outlet and mouthpiece for the Iranian Government.

The Taliban are the ones who are reporting it, and since no media outlets except PressTV are carrying it, chances are its a bogus claim.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How many innocent people did US soliders kill?

Yeah, makes that 27 seem a very small number.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Yeah, makes that 27 seem a very small number.

How many people did al queida kill?
How many people have the Taliban killed?

While I find people with a sense of moral superiroity annoying, it becomes even worse when those people only bother to look at it from one side of the story.

Unless you condone the actions of the Taliban / Al Queida / Saddam when they slaughtered innocent people.

Or does your sense of moral superiority only come into play when it allows you and others to attack the US?

You are either in for a penny in for a pound or you arent.

You either care about all human life, or you dont.

You either find all military action, regardless of side, acceptable or you dont.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Jenna is an anti-U.S. American troll. I've tried many times to have a rational and intelligent discussion with her. It usually involves one poster making the effort to construct a 3-4 paragraph dialogue with one of Jenna's counters of "the U.S. is a bully," "[U.S.] Americans are murderers" or something else along those lines. Feed the trolls and you might lose a hand.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

I usually would agree however this site seems to be gaining more and more people who want to push an anti US agenda and nothing else (something I wish site admin would address instead of ignoring it but I digress).

While I agree about not feeding the trolls, we do run into an issue when we dont correct them.

In that case ignorance wins by default....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

who were you with? were you with a group?

second
edit on 18-8-2011 by elrey72011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
In other news.......blah...blah....blah won American idol last night.......

Seriously, I am really getting numb to the bombings......Does anybody even notice other than the families directly affected?

By the way I support our troops 100%......I am not trying to take away from the horrible tragedy that happens on a daily basis there....

It will never end......The death and destruction of our human race. It is in our DNA....Always has been, always will be....

Bring our troops home and pave the roads

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
War is pointless, I don't believe in any war or violence that is not for the defense of one's nation or person. Though, it seems to me that offensive wars would only make sense if you were will to commit genocide. I pretty much am saying, just go in and drop vacuum bombs and take it if you want it or leave them alone. Every single time a country goes in for one of these types of wars, all it does is completely mess up multiple generations of a people, at that point you've done a genocide of human spirit anyways.

I am sure they ask themselves... "What life"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
wow, 27 us deaths, if true thats staggering.

a truck bomb at a US base? yeah, watching some footage from Iraq over the years i can understand how one of those truckbombs would wipe out that many people.

I doubt the US or the Iranian media will be honest about this... but i havent in the past heard xx amount of us troops killed and it turning out to be a lie.

especially such a large figure which would easily be disputed if it wernt true.

RIP invaders.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Jenna is an anti-U.S. American troll.

thats funny for a person who likes ron paul i guess ron paul would be also anti American if he pulls all the military troops?

Oh i agree with Jenna on this point .

From Jenna

Remeber the kill squads? the drone attacks on innocents the list can go on.

dont get me wrong i respect the troops, but the troops are there protecting the drug war lords which that really saddens me

edit on 19-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join