It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnell Walks Off Piers Morgan Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I want to talk about the issues that I talk about in the book and if you don't then you're being rude!

Pierre Morgan: really?

Anything you do which I don't like is rude

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Was he rude? I don't think so.
Was she weird? no, she is stupid.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
She is weird, rude, and she's been borrowing pink frosty lipgloss from the Fox News girls.
She can't blind me with science, so she tries lipgloss.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

She wanted to talk about issues in her book, and Piers asked her about one of the issues she wrote about in her book....

No, I dont believe Piers was being rude. From the times Ive watched some of Piers interviews, he always seems to be very calm and respectful.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by hotbread

She wanted to talk about issues in her book, and Piers asked her about one of the issues she wrote about in her book....

No, I dont believe Piers was being rude. From the times Ive watched some of Piers interviews, he always seems to be very calm and respectful.

Your first line summed it up. She wrote about the topics in her book - then her aides/agents/attorneys or whoever told her not to cover certain topics in the interview beforehand

She just seems confused then trying to not discuss topics right out of the book

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I don't know who she is and actually I do not care what she has to say.

Piers Morgan is a arrogant **** he could not keep a job in Britain so he came to America because we will put anybody in front of a camera and give then a show.

I can not believe anybody watches him or listens to what he says.

Just my opinion.
edit on 18-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
So she definetly believes the press is there to channel whatever they want to say whenever they want to say it.

I have a theory: she didnt write the book, so she couldnt get off track with other issues than those that had been prepared by her assistant (the puppet master that motions her to leave, by the way).

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
it's my understanding that the guests on a show don't generally get to frame the discussion with the host. Regardless of the particulars. if the host wants to talk about how yummy pot pies are, well then we're going to be talking about pot pies; your challenge then is to find a way to tie pot pies into whatever it is that you want to talk about.
edit on 18/8/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
You know what let me just say it now okay? It is a damn shame that CNN would replace a legend like Larry King with this crap. This man has done nothing in his career to even be interviewed by King let alone replace his time slot. Aside from that issue can someone explain to me why we are seeing all these Brits in the media now? Its not that I have anything against Brits but seriously whats wrong with British media? You come to America to do the same thing you couldve done in the UK?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Most people in the UK think Piers Morgan is a bit of an arse, so we certainly wouldn't give him a major slot on one of our News programs. He did Britain's got talent and he has a show where celebrities gush their life stories to him, but he's certainly not got the gravitas for a sensible news program. I'm surprised he got the LK gig, surely that should have gone to an American.

Morgan is also possibly implicated with the phone hacking scandal as well as being responsible for printing made up stories about British Troops abusing Iraqis.

Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been sacked after the newspaper conceded photos of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi were fake.

news.bbc.co.uk...

However, in relation to the interview being discussed in the OP, O'Donnell, looked like she was not prepared for any kind of interview, what was she expecting?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Why couldn't he just move on to another topic?
What's the big deal he kept saying he wasn't being rude but refused to move to another topic

And then he said "Oh but i'm not being rude i'm british and charming, and i'm so baffled by you thinking i'm being rude but I will continue to disallow us from moving to another topic"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Someone needs to explain something to me. Christine is one of those females on the right that people run all over ATS saying liberals are afraid of. Palin, Bachmann, O'Donnell, are all framed as "strong, powerful, intelligent, conservative women" who scare liberals.

So why am I constantly seeing these same women run off in a huff or cry and whine about how mean people with television cameras are to them?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Why couldn't he just move on to another topic?
What's the big deal he kept saying he wasn't being rude but refused to move to another topic

And then he said "Oh but i'm not being rude i'm british and charming, and i'm so baffled by you thinking i'm being rude but I will continue to disallow us from moving to another topic"

Why couldn't he just promote her book without asking any questions about it, tell her how pretty she looked and be done with it, right?
She is there promoting her book and he is asking her about her book. What is the problem?
If you do not want to be asked about your book, try not to do interviews about your book.
If you do not want your viewpoints explored, then do not put yourself in the spotlight as someone whos views matter.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
Someone needs to explain something to me. Christine is one of those females on the right that people run all over ATS saying liberals are afraid of. Palin, Bachmann, O'Donnell, are all framed as "strong, powerful, intelligent, conservative women" who scare liberals.

So why am I constantly seeing these same women run off in a huff or cry and whine about how mean people with television cameras are to them?

Look at this post from this very thread

Originally posted by hadriana
She is weird, rude, and she's been borrowing pink frosty lipgloss from the Fox News girls.

Have some respect for the opposite gender why don't you
I mean give it a try

Keep shouting equality and then insult every woman in the room isn't exactly sticking to your words

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Look at this post from this very thread

Originally posted by hadriana

Have some respect for the opposite gender why don't you
I mean give it a try

Keep shouting equality and then insult every woman in the room isn't exactly sticking to your words

What the hell are you talking about?

That is not my quote so why are you tossing it at me?
I never insulted women. What are you on?

And um...what is this "opposite sex" crap?
edit on 18-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Why couldn't he just promote her book without asking any questions about it, tell her how pretty she looked and be done with it, right?

Again, liberals insulting women for being women
This happens WAYYYYYY too often

I don't think liberals care about women or equality, they only care about them feeling like they are right and everyone else is wrong, it's like having a Rachel Madcow disease.

Why don't you guys just keep talking about her looks and makeup, that'll really stick it to the establishment won't it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
it's my understanding that the guests on a show don't generally get to frame the discussion with the host. Regardless of the particulars. if the host wants to talk about how yummy pot pies are, well then we're going to be talking about pot pies; your challenge then is to find a way to tie pot pies into whatever it is that you want to talk about.

Precisely, public speaking 101. You say "Yes, pot pies are yummy, and you know what else is? As I said in my book, the inverse ratio of TV interviewers to people with high IQ's.....blah, blah, blah.". Hell, my 9 year old son knows this tactic.

edit on 18-8-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Again, liberals insulting women for being women
This happens WAYYYYYY too often

Do you need a little help reading? Christine O'Donnel is just one person. She is not all women.

I don't think liberals care about women or equality, they only care about them feeling like they are right and everyone else is wrong, it's like having a Rachel Madcow disease.

Um...so this post of yours insulting ALL LIBERALS for no reason...kinda defeats your point in calling me out for insulting an entire group dontcha think? I actually never did. Here you are though.

Why don't you guys just keep talking about her looks and makeup, that'll really stick it to the establishment won't it.

You seem a tad off because your replies make little to no sense. If you are mad at me because of what Hadrianna wrote then you have bigger problems than I could ever help you with.
This angry little rant of yours makes a lot of assumptions, insults half the country, and really does not apply to what I wrote.

Do you actually have anything constructive or on topic to add?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't think you "get" the notion of equality. Don't worry, it's common among folks of your... condition.

Your argument is "you believe in gender equality so you can't talk bad about her, because she has ovaries!" Well, cap'n, it doesn't work that way. See, by being equal, that means these women are just as much the target of slings and arrows as their male counterparts. It means that their gender does not give them a free pass to be simpering, petulant morons as O'Donnel does, or raving psychopaths, as Bachman does. The really annoying thing is that these politicians also think the way you do, that being a woman somehow should immunize them from being held to their own statements and actions.

It's just not FAIR, sniffle sniffle stomp stomp.

That was your educational segment for the day. Now go back to sniffing Larry Kings' shoes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join