It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens The Truth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And of course the Jewish temple that is supposed to be rebuilt is conveniently on a Muslim holy site. This could be a coincidence but maybe not.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
Thank you for the link, you are right about the Sumerian stories they could have been just oral stories written down for entertainment purposes given there probably wasn't much to do back then but my only question is why were a bunch of Sumerian tales into mainstream religion?

Because what you refer to as "mainstream religion" actually evolved from the original Sumerian religion. We know this because they are connected through the pantheon of gods found at the archaeological site at Ugarit in Canaan:

El was the chief god at Ugarit. Yet El is also the name of God used in many of the Psalms for Yahweh; or at least that has been the presupposition among pious Christians. Yet when one reads these Psalms and the Ugaritic texts one sees that the very attributes for which Yahweh is acclaimed are the same for which El is acclaimed. In fact, these Psalms were most likely originally Ugaritic or Canaanite hymns to El which were simply adopted by Israel, much like the American National Anthem was set to a beer hall tune by Francis Scott Key. El is called the “father of men”, “creator”, and “creator of the creation”. These attributes are also granted Yahweh by the Old Testament.

SNIP

Other deities worshipped at Ugarit were El Shaddai, El Elyon, and El Berith. All of these names are applied to Yahweh by the writers of the Old Testament. What this means is that the Hebrew theologians adopted the titles of the Canaanite gods and attributed them to Yahweh in an effort to eliminate them. If Yahweh is all of these there is no need for the Canaanite gods to exist! This process is known as assimilation.

Besides the chief god at Ugarit there were also lesser gods, demons, and goddesses. The most important of these lesser gods were Baal (familiar to all readers of the Bible), Asherah (also familiar to readers of the Bible), Yam (the god of the sea) and Mot (the god of death). What is of great interest here is that Yam is the Hebrew word for sea and Mot is the Hebrew word for death! Is this because the Hebrews also adopted these Canaanite ideas as well? Most likely they did.

One of the most interesting of these lesser deities, Asherah, plays a very important role in the Old Testament. There she is called the wife of Baal; but she is also known as the consort of Yahweh! That is, among some Yahwists, Ahserah is Yahweh’s female counterpart! Inscriptions found at Kuntillet ‘Ajrud (dated between 850 and 750 BCE) say:

I bless you through Yahweh of Samaria,

and through his Asherah!

And at ‘El Qom (from the same period) this inscription:

Uriyahu, the king, has written this.

Blessed be Uriyahu through Yahweh,

and his enemies have been conquered

through Yahweh’s Asherah.

That Yahwists worshipped Asherah until the 3rd century before Christ is well known from the Elephantine Papyri. Thus, for many in ancient Israel, Yahweh, like Baal, had a consort. Although condemned by the prophets, this aspect of the popular religion of Israel was difficult to overcome and indeed among many was never overcome.

What the article fails to mention is that Yahweh himself was one of the lesser gods worshipped in Ugarit.

The Ugaritic pantheion can be connected to the Babylonian (and thus Sumerian) religion on an almost one-to-one basis, god for god.

So put that in your incense burner and flail it.

Harte

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by KingJames1337
Thank you for the link, you are right about the Sumerian stories they could have been just oral stories written down for entertainment purposes given there probably wasn't much to do back then but my only question is why were a bunch of Sumerian tales into mainstream religion?

Because what you refer to as "mainstream religion" actually evolved from the original Sumerian religion. We know this because they are connected through the pantheon of gods found at the archaeological site at Ugarit in Canaan:

El was the chief god at Ugarit. Yet El is also the name of God used in many of the Psalms for Yahweh; or at least that has been the presupposition among pious Christians. Yet when one reads these Psalms and the Ugaritic texts one sees that the very attributes for which Yahweh is acclaimed are the same for which El is acclaimed. In fact, these Psalms were most likely originally Ugaritic or Canaanite hymns to El which were simply adopted by Israel, much like the American National Anthem was set to a beer hall tune by Francis Scott Key. El is called the “father of men”, “creator”, and “creator of the creation”. These attributes are also granted Yahweh by the Old Testament.

SNIP

Other deities worshipped at Ugarit were El Shaddai, El Elyon, and El Berith. All of these names are applied to Yahweh by the writers of the Old Testament. What this means is that the Hebrew theologians adopted the titles of the Canaanite gods and attributed them to Yahweh in an effort to eliminate them. If Yahweh is all of these there is no need for the Canaanite gods to exist! This process is known as assimilation.

Besides the chief god at Ugarit there were also lesser gods, demons, and goddesses. The most important of these lesser gods were Baal (familiar to all readers of the Bible), Asherah (also familiar to readers of the Bible), Yam (the god of the sea) and Mot (the god of death). What is of great interest here is that Yam is the Hebrew word for sea and Mot is the Hebrew word for death! Is this because the Hebrews also adopted these Canaanite ideas as well? Most likely they did.

One of the most interesting of these lesser deities, Asherah, plays a very important role in the Old Testament. There she is called the wife of Baal; but she is also known as the consort of Yahweh! That is, among some Yahwists, Ahserah is Yahweh’s female counterpart! Inscriptions found at Kuntillet ‘Ajrud (dated between 850 and 750 BCE) say:

I bless you through Yahweh of Samaria,

and through his Asherah!

And at ‘El Qom (from the same period) this inscription:

Uriyahu, the king, has written this.

Blessed be Uriyahu through Yahweh,

and his enemies have been conquered

through Yahweh’s Asherah.

That Yahwists worshipped Asherah until the 3rd century before Christ is well known from the Elephantine Papyri. Thus, for many in ancient Israel, Yahweh, like Baal, had a consort. Although condemned by the prophets, this aspect of the popular religion of Israel was difficult to overcome and indeed among many was never overcome.

What the article fails to mention is that Yahweh himself was one of the lesser gods worshipped in Ugarit.

The Ugaritic pantheion can be connected to the Babylonian (and thus Sumerian) religion on an almost one-to-one basis, god for god.

So put that in your incense burner and flail it.

Harte

At first the name Baʿal was used by the Jews for their God without discrimination, but as the struggle between the two religions developed, the name Baʿal was given up in Judaism as a thing of shame, and even names like Jerubbaʿal were changed to Jerubbosheth: Hebrew bosheth means "shame".[9]
The sense of competition between the priestly forces of Yahweh and of Baʿal in the ninth century is nowhere more directly attested than in 1 Kings 18, where, Elijah the prophet offering a sacrifice to Yahweh, Baʿal's followers did the same. Baʿal in the Hebrew text did not light his followers' sacrifice, but Yahweh sent heavenly fire to burn Elijah's sacrifice to ashes, even after it had been soaked with water.
Originally the Jews were willing to accept other religions but during the Babylonian exile only believed in one god with rejection of all others, their god was ethical much like the god in the old testament because they felt they had a right to their land and wanted fairness.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Also religion is so mixed up how should we know which gods we are worshipping.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Bingo!
S&F good read

Jack Parsons was a high priest in the OTO under Aleister Crowley and he later performed the Babylon ritual with L Ron Hubbard (scientology founder)

1947 Jack Parsons dies in classified explosion
1947 33 parallel Roswell UFO
(NOTE THE 19.47 degrees and 33 degrees in NASA missions)
Phoenix AZ 33 parallel Phoenix Lights (I saw these so I can verify)
Battle of LA 33 parallel (well close)
Himalayas 33 parallel and UFO history of Nazi investigations
Venus = Lucifer http:// forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=93342 (put in your browser/ not sure of TC here)

Let me add

Daley Plaza 33 parallel JFK assassinated
33 degrees of Scottish Right Freemasonry
The All Seeing Eye in freemasonry and on the dollar bill is eerily similar to the Dajjal Anti-Christ of the Quran

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Thank you for reading and the response, there is definitely a lot of connections with freemasonry and they can't be overlooked.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
People need to start realizing what is going on here.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
If you read The Gods of Eden, by William Bramley, you will note that he states that Masons are a Brotherhood organisation, founded by the Custodians, an alien race that is shaping our world.
Now, I can agree with a lot that William says in this book, but in all my time in Masonry, I have never come across such a claim. Yes, I can believe that we may be decended from a high priest organisation in Suma, but an alien led organisation? I do not buy it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Yeah the connections in Freemasonry can't be overlooked but some of the instances are probably just coincidences, it does seem pretty unlikely aliens are controlling freemasonry organizations at least not now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Mind you, saying that, I have always thought the our Senior Warden does not look quite human.
edit on 2/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

That's pretty funny I've seen a fair share of people that don't look human either usually tuesday night at the strip club.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Well I hope that they are not the strippers. LOL
I think that there has been Custodial involvement in our past and I am sure that many religions and societies have hijacked some of the symbols and dogmas.
The divide and rule principle certainly makes sense.

I think that these wars today are certainly kept going for a deeper reason than we are seeing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Now that you mention it that lap dance I got was a little strange and she never showed her face.
But the divide and conquer principle makes sense and as he mentions it is practiced by most leaders today from ancient china to a certain dictator in Libya.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It seems sort of unlikely that the wars that keep happening are all created by people alone.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why would one religion be such a bad thing?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Adapa was a mortal from a godly lineage, a son of Ea (Enki in Sumerian), the god of wisdom and of the ancient city of Eridu, who brought the arts of civilization to that city (from Dilmun, according to some versions). He broke the wings of Ninlil the South Wind, who had overturned his fishing boat, and was called to account before Anu. Ea, his patron god, warned him to apologize humbly for his actions, but not to partake of food or drink while he was in heaven, as it would be the food of death. Anu, impressed by Adapa's sincerity, offered instead the food of immortality, but Adapa heeded Ea's advice, refused, and thus missed the chance for immortality that would have been his.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This stuff is confusing but it appears when one empire takes over they always put their gods above others.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Too much blood has been spilled in the name of Religion. I am a person who has seen many things and even a few....one in specific....things that have made me believe in some form of afterlife. This does not mean I believe in GOD in any way described by any religion. In my opinion...if there is a GOD...it is most likely something that people have no current grasp of understanding or reference or any template of comparison to describe.

I think...actually I know...by seeing something with my own eyes...that whatever form of stucture is formed by a Biomechanical construct....ie....Humans....and maybe other life forms on Earth....seems to be able to present itself to the living after the body dies. This has far reaching implications as VERY SOON....Artificial Intelligence will become a reality...as it is in a very close to sentient form now.

So...does that mean that any vessal that obtains conciousness....also has some form of soul? I don't know but it is intreaging. One thing that I believe is for certain....the ideals of what GOD is....formed and taught by any religion....is FAR off the mark. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Man you still didn't respond to what I said about Ochocinco. But as far as what your saying Amen!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What you seen? And I heard that immortality isn't far off we just got to figure out how to download consciousness into a machine and we're immortal.

edit on 3-9-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join