It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle With Some Awesome Geometry.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Also to the OP - great to see someone appreciating something for what it is instead of what it could be or who could have made it. Like most of life it's a beautiful thing regardless of origin or creator

edit on 18-8-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

True that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by humphreysjim

Then how would you draw perfect circles from being on the ground and seeing only a way you made behind by running over the grass and seeing impenetrable grass/crops ahead? This can be done from the air, there is no way you will see what you're doing unless you see it from the air. And still.. too perfect for it.

If one person stands in the center of the circle with a rope in his/her hand, and another person grabs another end of the rope, to make a perfect circle, the person just has to pull the rope tight and walk around the person in the center.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by humphreysjim

Then how would you draw perfect circles from being on the ground and seeing only a way you made behind by running over the grass and seeing impenetrable grass/crops ahead? This can be done from the air, there is no way you will see what you're doing unless you see it from the air. And still.. too perfect for it.

Your imagination is lacking. You also make the mistake of assuming just because you can't imagine it, it's not possible.

Hint: You can create a perfect circle of any size simply using a ground stake, and a rope.

ETA: Oops, should have read the post above mine first.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

What do you mean you "work in this form of image"?

Smith.
Did you click on the two urls I posted on that link? Go back to my reply and find the two titles "Fleet Message" and "The Terramaze" which are examples of my art in geometric and mandala form.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

What do you mean you "work in this form of image"?

Smith.
Did you click on the two urls I posted on that link? Go back to my reply and find the two titles "Fleet Message" and "The Terramaze" which are examples of my art in geometric and mandala form.

Yeah I already saw them. So when you say you work with it, you mean you drew them. That's what I didn't get.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yes Smith. This is the art form I have been working in since 1981. I was just trying to show you that I understand what you are getting at with your crop circle posts and geometric art threads, that's all.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Yes Smith. This is the art form I have been working in since 1981. I was just trying to show you that I understand what you are getting at with your crop circle posts and geometric art threads, that's all.

That's awesome dude. I think there are a lot of discoveries to be made in the significance and application of sacred geometry. It's cool that you draw sacred geometry type stuff because by drawing it, you learn more about how deep the rabbit hole really goes. I drew some flower of life stuff when I was bored, and that's how I realized that it really is the geometry at the heart of creation.

Check out this thread I authored. There's two really good videos in it describing sacred geometry. Not that you don't already know about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That's awesome dude. I think there are a lot of discoveries to be made in the significance and application of sacred geometry. It's cool that you draw sacred geometry type stuff because by drawing it, you learn more about how deep the rabbit hole really goes. I drew some flower of life stuff when I was bored, and that's how I realized that it really is the geometry at the heart of creation.

Check out this thread I authored. There's two really good videos in it describing sacred geometry. Not that you don't already know about it.

Yes, I have seen this thread you presented. I liked it very much.

If you look again at the art I provided, you will find that the filigree work running through the mandalas are three dimensional, continuous labyrinths. My work combines the art of mandala geometric and labyrinthine structures.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
We've got to stop assuming/believing this is the work of drunken Englishmen.

The people who keep pushing this idea are the alien believers, they use this argument as a way to try to discredit the fact that humans are making crop circles. It may have been true decades ago that a couple drunk Englishmen were making them, hence why the circles were so primitive, but that is no longer the case. Unless aliens have continued to refine their circle making skills, it's far more likely that circles have been increasing in complexity because humans are getting better at making them.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Things like this just make you wonder and wonder and wonder. So much going on in the world; I think open mindedness IS key to every single thing going on.

This is gorgeous and yes, staring in the middle does bring out some amazing things popping out at you shape-wise. THanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Neat artwork. My suspicions are that the aliens use metric or English measuring units too.
Or some reasonably quick multiple thereof.

Tools needed? Broomstick or perhaps a shovel (something to tie your line to as a reference or center point), twine or kite string (less cumbersome than rope) knotted at a regular interval, an orienteering compass (easy way to get line of sight and radials in the correct direction), laser level (can project a nice straight line along a surface), lawn roller in addition to the plank, and some willing helpers. More expensive surveyor's tools could be useful, but aren't necessary. The rest comes from not falling asleep in geometry and trig classes. (Some of the proof exercises are pleasant to look at, and make nice building blocks for much more complicated patterns.) Understanding how polar graphs work is also very useful. Then it takes some artistic inclination with which to apply these math skills.

I wonder if any of the aliens hang out at Oxford or Cambridge or about those parts, and make a day trip out of it when producing these circular glyphs? I'd guess that some aren't too busy during the summer holiday and may even do some agriculture as a break from academic rigors. Why not?

Ah well, such art shall remain a mystery. No way to prove the origins without going there and camping out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The presence of high degrees of electromagnetic radiation around the sites and the nature of the crops being bent and not broken at the genuine crop circles proves to me which ones are real and which ones are hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It was not some drunks from the local pub who made this. It is the orthographic projection into the Coexter plane of the 5-cube, the 5-dimensional cube:

It was probably made by a university mathematics student with the initials F.J., which are carved into the field next to it.

edit on 19-8-2011 by micpsi because: typo corrected

edit on 19-8-2011 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join