It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Jesus's place in Christianity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If Jesus is the son of God, why did Jesus tell us to pray with a prayer that begins with "OUR father in heaven, hallowed by thy name"? Our means more than one. That would mean that Jesus is saying that all of us are children of God... (Luke 11:2-11:4)

If Jesus IS God then why did he say "The father is greater than I" (John 14:28), also who was Jesus praying to when he got put on the cross he was saying "My father, my father, why has thou forsaken me"?(Matthew 27:46)

What do you think about this?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The Apostles asked him,,"how should we pray?"
and Jesus, said when you pray, in public, say "OUR Father,,etc,,

but when you pray, go to a room,, close the door,
and pray,,
My God, who is in Heaven,
see

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Jesus is the human part of God. Inside of Jesus is God. (father). We are all sons of God. Jesus addresses this only to believers. Hence non believers don't read bible anyway.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I see Jesus as a good role model, he said some where that we all have the potential to achieve as much and more than what he did. Just use some common sense, compassion and reason.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You should read this website. It will answer a lot of questions for you. www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by arpgme

and pray,,
see

This is the best answer. Jesus never said you had to pray in Church. God is in your heart. Jesus is the messenger, the good news, the truth, the light and the way.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by arpgme

and pray,,
see

This is the best answer. Jesus never said you had to pray in Church. God is in your heart. Jesus is the messenger, the good news, the truth, the light and the way.

Agreed, he also said his body was his temple, hence, prayer can be done within ones self and god will hear you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This is exactly the subject that the Counsel of Nicaea was convened to discuss, not the fictional reason that is mentioned in the “DeVinci Code”. There were factions in early Christianity that taught that Jesus was a lesser creation of God rather then part of God himself. This was called Arianism. The final decision of the Council lead to the Nicene Creed, specifically these lines:

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten of the Father [the only-begotten; that is, of the essence of the Father, God of God], Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;

Christ is the “Word” of God made flesh, in the same way that the Holy Spirit is the “Spirit” of God:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We can perhaps sum up Jesus Christ in the Al Greene song "Just call out my name and you know whereever Iam .I'll come running as fast as I can" no need to go through a priest, a mufti, a rabbi, a pastor just call out his name

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
If Jesus is the son of God, why did Jesus tell us to pray with a prayer that begins with "OUR father in heaven, hallowed by thy name"? Our means more than one. That would mean that Jesus is saying that all of us are children of God... (Luke 11:2-11:4)

If Jesus IS God then why did he say "The father is greater than I" (John 14:28), also who was Jesus praying to when he got put on the cross he was saying "My father, my father, why has thou forsaken me"?(Matthew 27:46)

What do you think about this?

i) Jesus is talking about what Vedic literature refers to as "Atman", or, "the self within". Just as the essence of Atman is "Brahman" (the universal self) are the manifold incarnations under Creation, God.

ii) Although Jesus IS God, he says, "The father is greater than I", meaning that he (and, by extension,everyone) is but a fragment of God.

iii) The traditional Christian interpretation of "Father, why have you forsaken me?", holds that Jesus was referring to an Old Testament Psalm as to make a point of the continuity/fulfillment of Scripture. I would propose, Jesus is emphasizing the eternal longing of the separated soul to once again enter final communion with the Source.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hi arp,

S&F.

The place of Jesus in Christianity is that Jesus IS Christianity.

Unfortunately, a lot of churches which call themselves Christian and use the name of Jesus are not about Jesus.

Jesus is all about love and forgiveness, and treating each other well, and looking out for each other, and not harming each other.

Do you see Jesus in this world? The way the world treats each other? No, Satan is here instead, and he loves the war, the suffering and the starvation.

But Jesus will come to save the world - or, if the actual planet has been completely wrecked by then (which we seem to be doing) He will save his believers.

But all we need to do in the meantime is to be gentle with everyone and everything.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
"Do you see Jesus in this world? The way the world treats each other? No, Satan is here instead, and he loves the war, the suffering and the starvation."

This physical world is material. Disharmony (i.e. war, suffering, etc.) is profane, found only in the realm of the mundane (Satan). Strife arises when matter takes on a life of its own in a dearth of spiritual awareness.

"But Jesus will come to save the world - or, if the actual planet has been completely wrecked by then (which we seem to be doing) He will save his believers."

Salvation comes via ego sacrifice: the seer henceforth becomes a mere part the seen/scene (omnipresence). The illusory self is transcended.

"But all we need to do in the meantime is to be gentle with everyone and everything."

All life is a lens through which God experiences/knows Himself.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I believe that the emporer manipulated the jedi into thinking that he was the choosen one, because he knew of their prophecy about a the choosen one being born to a virgin mother. Imo it was all part of his plan to take control of the republic and wipe out the jedi. Some of the more wise masters allways had their doubts that he was actually the choosen one, but the dark side clouded their thoughts.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
pretty much all the new testament was either made up or changed by the romans when they were converted. i dont have time to provide the research (gotta go to work soon) but im sure you can google it. they used there own myths and stories as the base for the new testament to make the transition less of a jump for the roman people.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

That is incorrect. What DID happen was that pagan influences were allowed into Roman Catholicism as church tradition, but they did not in anyway alter the scripture. That is why Catholics today will tell you their religion is based on both Scripture and Tradition, and not just Scripture alone. Much of what the RCC teaches is completely unbiblical, which is part of the reason it was illegal to own a Bible during much of the reign of the RCC.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I believe Jesus is the SON of GOD. The first born of all creation. The word of GOD.

There is tons in the bible to support either side of the debate.
The most important thing is to forget all the doctornal squabble.
And follow his message. A message of love and purity.

We can become lost in the traditions and dogma.
Or become filled with pride and hate with the "We are the true religion n ur going to Hell" debate.
But we can become enlightened by sticking to the purest truths within the scripture's.
To love all with all you're being. Its that simple.

With this we can truely find GOD and Jesus and a higher purpose to our live's.
Which is what truely counts at the end of the day.

LOTZA LUV.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus was communicating to the MOST HIGHEST. And yes his father is our father. Trinity FATHER supported by the SON supported by the HOLY GHOST.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
1 also feels that Jesus Christ energy has been here before possibly in different name.

Be well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join