It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'MAN' shutting down small business again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Bear with me folks this is my first thread.

The following link takes you to a Global news segment documenting another travesty with regards to Vancouver City Hall telling a local fruit distributor that he has become too successful! They are shutting him down for the sake of the community *(cough, cough.)

Rob Smith has been providing the community with fresh farm produce and the city deems him a threat. It looks like someone wants their cut

Pretty soon we'll all be forced to the local mega-lo marts or whatever to beg for our produce. Either way you look at this it is just wrong.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

ca.news.yahoo.com... -26310383.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fcanews-22424922%252Fbig-berry-business-26310383.html

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This is too stupid to even comment on. I can only assume that the supermarkets and chain stores have applied political pressure because he's undercutting their prices. Now, if the chains and supers were undercutting prices and putting some small-businessman out of business, that would be a different thing.

Pure guesswork and speculation, of course. But I don't see some mid-level bureaucrat getting off their butt and doing anything unless someone complained--and I doubt that it's his customers who are complaining....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
In the interview, she should have asked the council spokesman which supermarket was paying them off.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is one the reasons I will only work for The Man, and the biggest Man I can find. Let someone else take the heat in the crazy game of American business. I want a large paycheck to buy my way off the grid. I won't be selling any goods or services when I leave The Matrix. I'll share, though.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Notice the 'deer in the headlights' look of the city official when sought for questioning. He certainly stammers through his spiel like "yeah, I'm crooked. But they presured me to do it."

top topics

join