It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difficulty understanding God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

But, there are those who believe "Hell" is simply "separation from God".

I use to think this makes sense, but if God created the Universe, is everywhere, and omnipotent, there is no realm in God's universe that exists outside of God's universe. God would have created the plane of Hell. It could not mean separation from God, but it does say in the Bible that the suffering in Hell can look up and see the saved in Heaven.

Here's my thought on this- if you think about the good things in your life, it's the measure of those things against the bad things that gives them their appeal. In other words, if you had no bad things in your life, you would not have a measure for appreciating the good. It's the yin-yang concept, you have to have the bad (or evil) to fully understand and appreciate the good.

I can understand this, God allows Satan to strengthen our faith, and if we ask for help, God will always open a window as escape. It says in the Bible God doesn't temp us, so it's Satan. It's just hard to understand God allows Satan to tempt people, because sometimes they don't reach the other side with their faith. Look at suicide. I know that's not God's plan.

My belief is that if you read something either in the Bible, Talmud, Koran or elsewhere that makes you say "a just and loving God would not do this" then it doesn't mean there is no God, it just means that whatever you're reading is probably inaccurate.

I'd be careful about claiming Holy books are inaccurate in terms of their gods, considering they're the "guidelines." ;] Remember, people consider the Bible God's word.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Memory is erased when you come here.
My point was BEFORE they came here, they knew that there might be a chance that they will be punished and tortured forever. At this point, they still had memory, and they came here anyways when they were living in paradise to begin with? Say you're living in Hawaii. Now, you are told that you can live in Afghanistan and there's a chance you will never get to come back and will possibly die a terrible death, but the learning experience is good. Would you take it?

Also, they weren't living in heaven, it was more of a placeholder, until they came here. Only the angels interacted above in the beginning.
Oh, you said they lived in heaven at first in another post....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Memory is erased when you come here.
My point was BEFORE they came here, they knew that there might be a chance that they will be punished and tortured forever. At this point, they still had memory, and they came here anyways when they were living in paradise to begin with? Say you're living in Hawaii. Now, you are told that you can live in Afghanistan and there's a chance you will never get to come back and will possibly die a terrible death, but the learning experience is good. Would you take it?

Also, they weren't living in heaven, it was more of a placeholder, until they came here. Only the angels interacted above in the beginning.
Oh, you said they lived in heaven at first in another post....

This information was not given to man, also man had no choice to come here.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
The Bible doesnt tell us how angels fight.
It doesn't matter how they fight. It matters that they DO fight. If they can't kill each other, why do they fight? What purpose does it serve? No one can ever win as the enemy will just keep coming back.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

If you use your imagination , they probably beat the crap out of each other. If you couldnt die and some one beat you into your body was broke you would lose? lol I mean i dont know why they fight. The Bible doesnt say. Its a Mystery.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It is forgiven , there is no sin Jesus cant forgive besides Blasphemy of the holy spirit.
And why can't blasphemy of the holy spirit be forgiven? He just doesn't feel like forgiving it or is not powerful enough to do so? I mean, someone can rape a little girl and kill her, then aquire AIDS and purposely spread it to others, start up a sex slave business with little children, etc. and can be forgiven for all that, but can't be forgiven for blaspheming a holy spirit?

Of course you arnt going to see nothing , blessed is the man that hasnt seen me but believes.
Would you say that the disciples weren't blessed since they saw Jesus and believed? Would you say Moses wasn't blessed as he saw god, his works, and believed? Would you say anyone who witnessed these things and believed were not blessed?

Anyways, I don't care about being blessed. I want to see.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What would you like to see?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The bible does not state about the battles, I have gone too far in my information.
Yes, yes you have. You can't talk about what you don't know about. Frank Peretti books are fictional.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndesirableNo1
So destroy Satan, destroy sin. So why would God wait to destroy Satan after humans get to be thrown in hell too? Before Satan, no sin to worry about, after Satan, no sin to worry about. Really sucks for the people suffering all eternity, more like they were born at the wrong time.
Exactly. In the garden before sin, everything was perfect and good, as stated by god himself. Apparently, it wasn't good enough as he needed Satan to come in and give man a chance to fall. Say what?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

They came down here in the flesh, before the flood, angels could come into the flesh, this was changed after the flood. It can happen, but is has to be approved.
You still didn't answer the question. Angels have penises, and sperm that is compatible with humans? Can they mate with each other and reproduce? If not, why do they have reproductive capabilities? What was god thinking when he designed these creatures?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This information was not given to man, also man had no choice to come here.
Ok, so they were in heaven, or wherever doing whatever, enjoying not having to worry about death or evilness or things like that, then god was like, "Ok, I'm sending you all down to this other place. No questions. Goodbye." Where do you get this info anyways?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If you use your imagination , they probably beat the crap out of each other. If you couldnt die and some one beat you into your body was broke you would lose?
We're talking about a war. If you aren't dead, you can come back and fight. No side would ever win. Besides, angels bodies can be broken? How do spirit bodies break again? Do spirits have bones that can break? I don't get it. It sure is a mystery.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

What would you like to see?
God.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You dont believe in the Bible. You dont want to believe , you want to see. Again the Bible tells you , you wont see him until his second coming or calling up if your a Christian.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You dont believe in the Bible. You dont want to believe , you want to see. Again the Bible tells you , you wont see him until his second coming or calling up if your a Christian.

You don't believe in the Koran, or the Bhagavad Gita. You don't want to believe it. But maybe if you saw these gods, you would believe it. Why should I believe in the biblical god over any other god who also has ancient writings about them? See, I have all these choices out there, many different beliefs, how do I choose which one is correct? If I make the wrong choice, I could end up burning forever and ever.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Then why talk about the Christian God? (Or troll christian threads)

Also if i saw these Gods , i wouldnt believe anything. The Bible warns of a Anti Christ and False Prophet that is going to give you exactly what you're looking for.

I mean you have already decided against the Christian God and denied Christ .. obviously , no point in talking about him on Christian threads , if you dont want him he has a place for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Then why talk about the Christian God? (Or troll christian threads)
I have been called a troll so many times it isn't funny any more. I can't ask questions without being called one. It's strange. I seek truth. I want to see what people believe and why they believe it. That's why I visit these threads. I was a christian for over 20 years. So, that's why I visit christian threads. Beliefs are interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You do not seek truth , you deny truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You do not seek truth , you deny truth.
No, I deny your truth, until proven to be true.

I used to believe firmly in much of what you guys say. I would have given many of the same answers 12 years ago. Now, I have a new perspective and can see things differently. I think I ask questions that people haven't thought about. I like to make people think, and I want people to make me think. It's good for us.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Thinking? If you do not believe the bible then it doesnt matter what we are thinking.

The Christian God is based off the Bible , the sword of Truth. You Deny it.

Im pretty sure the bible tells you not to rely on your own understanding and im pretty sure it tells you , you will be decieved if you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join