It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difficulty understanding God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
It's not a win or lose when the battles take place. No, they cannot kill each other. But, pain is felt. There are weapons as well, no guns or bombs or anything like that.
Battles take place and pain is felt, but no one dies? That doesn't make any sense. How do they feel pain? I mean, can their heads be cut off, but they don't die? Can their skin be cut open, but not bleed to death? If they don't die, they could keep fighting, and fighting, and fighting and never lose. Imagine if the U.S. went to war with Iraq and nobody ever died. How would fighting make any sense? What kind of weapons are used in these battles?
edit on 18-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

It's not a win or lose when the battles take place. No, they cannot kill each other. But, pain is felt. There are weapons as well, no guns or bombs or anything like that.
Battles take place and pain is felt, but no one dies? That doesn't make any sense. How do they feel pain? I mean, can their heads be cut off, but they don't die? Can their skin be cut open, but not bleed to death? If they don't die, they could keep fighting, and fighting, and fighting and never lose. Imagine if the U.S. went to war with Iraq and nobody ever died. How would fighting make any sense? What kind of weapons are used in these battles?

You are confusing angels with men. These are spirits not of flesh.
Hammers, swords, etc. I should not have shared this, as this understanding is not meant, because you would have to experience this to know. The battle of Armageddon will be the last and final battle, no more after this takes place.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jhill76 because: Add more info.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I believe the devil is like a blackhole, and god is like a huge source of light and everything and everyone else is on a scale inbetween.

You make good choices and move towards becoming a part of god, or heaven. You make evil, and negative choices you move a step towards getting sucked into the darkness forever.

I believe that's the process of life, to judge us continually life after life untill you reach one end or the other. You could be right at the wrong end of the scale but as long as you haven't gone to one extreme or the other, you still have a chance to move in the other direction.

That is of course untill you become one with the darkness or one with the light.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You are correct. All of mankind started in heaven at first, just as the angels and yes even the fallen. This is very evident in Gen.
So man started in heaven....and knew that if they came here there was a huge chance they would burn forever because they may make the wrong decision about which way to believe...and they came here anyways, when they were ALREADY living in heaven?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Why would one truly care about dying or their family dying? The true believers knows where home is.
Really? Damn.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You are correct. All of mankind started in heaven at first, just as the angels and yes even the fallen. This is very evident in Gen.
So man started in heaven....and knew that if they came here there was a huge chance they would burn forever because they may make the wrong decision about which way to believe...and they came here anyways, when they were ALREADY living in heaven?

Memory is erased when you come here. You cannot learn something by it just being told to you, you have to experience it. This is why Jesus was sent down here. Man, had to have a way to come back home. Also, they weren't living in heaven, it was more of a placeholder, until they came here. Only the angels interacted above in the beginning.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Besides Gaiberiel helping micheal wrestle with the Prince of persia.

The Bible doesnt tell us how angels fight.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
God doesnt look at Death like you do , if one of his children die (Christian , believer) he doesnt mourn and feel bad for you or the family. Heaven rejoices when a Child of Christ dies because guess what , there is nothing on the Earth for us (yet) .... this isnt our home , we should be happy that , that loved one was able to return home.
What about a believer who commits suicide? Do they celebrate then? I suppose they are in constant celebration as believers die every minute or so.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Are you Mormon?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

All Father asks of you is Faith. Give him a little and he gives you a little in return. Give him a lot of faith, and watch what will happen. Put him to the test so you may.

I have given him faith, and so have others, only to see a child suffer for a year and then die. I have read that parents watched their child die, while having faith instead of taking her to a doctor. Go ahead, next time you are in a life threatening situation, put your god to the test. But in all seriousness, do not do that, go see a doctor.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

There are many angels in heaven ... and many elect , doesnt have to be every single spirit in heaven that rejoices.

Suicide? Why wouldnt he celebrate , if a true christian killed himself which is a sin , is forgivable. It is forgiven , there is no sin Jesus cant forgive besides Blasphemy of the holy spirit.

Of course you arnt going to see nothing , blessed is the man that hasnt seen me but believes. His works were accomplished on the cross. You wont see him again until the calling up or if you die.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

There are many angels in heaven ... and many elect , doesnt have to be every single spirit in heaven that rejoices.

Suicide? Why wouldnt he celebrate , if a true christian killed himself which is a sin , is forgivable. It is forgiven , there is no sin Jesus cant forgive besides Blasphemy of the holy spirit.

Of course you arnt going to see nothing , blessed is the man that hasnt seen me but believes. His works were accomplished on the cross. You wont see him again until the calling up.

I have to correct you on this. When the ones who die come to the celebration (feast), everyone is required to attend, so everyone in heaven does celebrate. This happens in stages, it doesn't happen every time someone dies. You don't immediately go to heaven when you die. You get time here to help the spirits of your family cope with the loss. The bible does not state about the battles, I have gone too far in my information.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What better way to prove your love than through trials.
Good point. I will start putting my wife and kids through trials so they can prove they love me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The bible tells us , to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. You dont stay here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

The bible tells us , to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. You dont stay here on Earth.

Everyone in heaven, not Earth, I meant. If the call is put out to the angels on Earth, they must attend as well.

edit on 18-8-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by gabby2011

Having lost a son....I can on a small level relate as I once felt like Job did when he was yelling and questioning.

Reincarnation is mentioned in the Bible. John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet, which Jesus confirmed, though John himself did not understand. There's also a quote from Jesus to a curious questioner "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (John 3,3) "How can a man be born when he is old? Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" (v. 4).

reply to post by MamaJ

There would be no sin without Satan ...

So destroy Satan, destroy sin. So why would God wait to destroy Satan after humans get to be thrown in hell too? Before Satan, no sin to worry about, after Satan, no sin to worry about. Really sucks for the people suffering all eternity, more like they were born at the wrong time.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndesirableNo1

Angels fought in wars and even had sex with women, who gave birth to hybrids, which God condemned and set the flood to destroy. That's in Genesis.
A couple of questions:

I already asked the question about what's the point with wars if you can't kill each other? You can just keep fighting, and fighting, and fighting and it will not stop.

Second, angels had sex with women and the women conceived? Angels have reproductive organs? Can they mate with each other? If not, why do they have reproductive organs? What was the point of god giving them penises if they can't use them on each other? Next, angels and women were compatible with each other? How? Are angels human?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndesirableNo1

Angels fought in wars and even had sex with women, who gave birth to hybrids, which God condemned and set the flood to destroy. That's in Genesis.
A couple of questions:

I already asked the question about what's the point with wars if you can't kill each other? You can just keep fighting, and fighting, and fighting and it will not stop.

Second, angels had sex with women and the women conceived? Angels have reproductive organs? Can they mate with each other? If not, why do they have reproductive organs? What was the point of god giving them penises if they can't use them on each other? Next, angels and women were compatible with each other? How? Are angels human?

They came down here in the flesh, before the flood, angels could come into the flesh, this was changed after the flood. It can happen, but is has to be approved.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You are confusing angels with men. These are spirits not of flesh.
Hammers, swords, etc. I should not have shared this, as this understanding is not meant, because you would have to experience this to know. The battle of Armageddon will be the last and final battle, no more after this takes place.
I'm not confusing angels with men. Now, explain to me again how this works? Spirits fighting each other with hammers and swords, but can't kill each other. How does the war ever stop? It would be constant, as no one would ever lose. Next, where did they make these weapons? They have to be made of some sort of spiritual material, as angels are spirits. Are they made in a spiritual weapons factory? Someone has to make them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

The concept of reincarnation is completely without foundation in the Bible, which clearly tells us that we die once and then face judgment (Hebrews 9:27). The Bible never mentions people having a second chance at life or coming back as different people or animals. Jesus told the criminal on the cross, "Today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43), not "You will have another chance to live a life on this earth." Matthew 25:46 specifically tells us that believers go on to eternal life while unbelievers go onto eternal punishment. Reincarnation has been a popular belief for thousands of years, but it has never been accepted by Christians or followers of Judaism because it is contradictory to Scripture.

The one passage that some point to as evidence for reincarnation is Matthew 17:10-12 which links John the Baptist with Elijah. However, the passage does not say that John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated but that he would have fulfilled the prophecy of Elijah's coming if the people had believed his words and thereby believed in Jesus as the Messiah (Matthew 17:12). The people specifically asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah, and he said, "No, I am not" (John 1:21).

He also gives those people in hell a super easy way to get out of their destination ... however living the life of a Christian isnt easy , getting saved is very easy. So its not like they didnt have an oppurtunity.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join