It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difficulty understanding God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by akushla99

You are incorrect. There are many angels who were made to be loyal and do work that Father sets forth. You can not speak on a subject you have no direct knowledge of. Once you are a true believer you have limited free will. Your path has been predestined, it states this many times in the word. How is that true free will?

If our paths are predestined, wouldn't that mean God created some humans to go to Hell then? See, more questions just pop up...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

It states this very clearly in the new testament. Some are made for honorable and some for dishonorable. Again, he made us all. He has say what he makes us for. But, you can be glad you already believe, you have questions which is expected.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You are incorrect. There are many angels who were made to be loyal and do work that Father sets forth. You can not speak on a subject you have no direct knowledge of. Once you are a true believer you have limited free will. Your path has been predestined, it states this many times in the word. How is that true free will?

Then what is the use of existence?
I speak from a source you wish you had knowledge of, only then would you drop the challenge, where there is none!
We were all made to be loyal, my friend...we were also given the gift of free will!...angels included!
That most of them are loyal is a blessing, that some have been less than loyal is a fact.
Predestination is a clockwork universe theory, which does not fit what is actually happening!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

What source is that? You do not have access to the inner workings of above. That is not allowed to be here on earyh. The bible does not mention all of the angels who are.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

What source is that? You do not have access to the inner workings of above. That is not allowed to be here on earyh. The bible does not mention all of the angels who are.

Are you sure of what i know?
Akushla

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Yes we are made to be loyal. Even the devil obeys otherwise he wouldnt ask for permission to go out of his set of rules. The angels do not have free will to turn away from God like the devil did that is a fact.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Take this to private message. Check inbox.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread741652/pg3#pid12095226]post by
edit on 18-8-2011 by jhill76 because: too much info

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Things change at the drop of a dime from above yes. Like a major change has just been pushed down the chain. If you can tell me what change then I know your source is genuine. I think me and you have the same end point, but I think free will is where we differ. I'm talking about the bigger picture free will, not on a micro level. Either choose to keep God as your father or the devil. That's it.

Notice, i do not mention D-evil?! I only mention goodness and lightness...the bigger picture is the same as the smaller picture, only on a grander scale...'as above-so below'!
Christ brought Love, everything else is a corruption of Love, by degrees. Focus on what is important. And everything will change, before your very eyes!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

Robert Morning Sky's Terra Papers....I'm gonna sing it all night....Robert Morning Sky's Terra Papers.

Robert Morning Sky's Terra Papers

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndesirableNo1
The Bible alludes to God making a new Heaven and a new Earth as if the old one was flawed. In the Old Testament, despite God being perfect, he seems to change his mind, all the time. It's almost like Old Testament God and New Testament God are different.
Hmmmm, let's see. He made angels, they fell. He made humans, they fell. He made the earth, it is going to be destroyed and re-created because it is no longer good. I wonder why he thinks this next plan will work, and that there won't be any more failing?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Angels do not have free will anymore, this was changed after Satan fell. This is why angels look in astonishment at salvation.
Once in heaven, will humans have free will, or will they be robots?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Michael the angel mentioned it took him 40 days to answer someone's prayer because there "was a war in heaven." I'm not sure if that means it was a civil war between angels, or Satan attacking heaven because it doesn't say, but that was unrest in Heaven, again, after the fall of Satan and 1/3 of the angels.
This brings up more questions, which may be off topic. Aren't angels intangible beings? If so, how do they war with each other? Can they hurt or kill each other? If so, what do they become when they die? If they can't hurt or kill each other, what's the point of fighting? No one would ever win....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It states this very clearly in the new testament. Some are made for honorable and some for dishonorable. Again, he made us all. He has say what he makes us for. But, you can be glad you already believe, you have questions which is expected.
What happens if YOU turn out to be one of the dishonorable ones?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Mankind will inherit the new earth. All sin and evil will be no more. It will all be destroyed in the pit.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

The Bible alludes to God making a new Heaven and a new Earth as if the old one was flawed. In the Old Testament, despite God being perfect, he seems to change his mind, all the time. It's almost like Old Testament God and New Testament God are different.
Hmmmm, let's see. He made angels, they fell. He made humans, they fell. He made the earth, it is going to be destroyed and re-created because it is no longer good. I wonder why he thinks this next plan will work, and that there won't be any more failing?

Sin and evil will all be destroyed. You wouldn't know how to sin because the knowledge or concept won't be there.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

It's not a win or lose when the battles take place. No, they cannot kill each other. But, pain is felt. There are weapons as well, no guns or bombs or anything like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A great book that you would like by the sounds of it is Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives. It has changed my view on everything. It should help you out with your questions. have fun

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dont know how anybody can understand sick jokes that have no place in the real long term history of mankind! Our history and origin pre-dates so called God B......t by at least 10,000 years or more! So whats to understand!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I haven't read CS Lewis, just the Biblical texts of Hell. Hell is described as the "second death," but does not imply you cease existing. It's an afterlife of torment. You brought up a good point, not wanting those souls in Heaven because they would revolt as Satan did...

The thought process:
When you physically die, your body ceases to live. When you spiritually die in the second death, your spirit ceases to live. What exactly in detail the 2nd death is, is where the crux of the argument is at, for them.

I'm a Christian that has little to no problem with anything in the Bible due to logic and reasoning.

The only thing I've had a problem with is:
The Bible sells Heaven as this place where who we were no longer plays into who we are. (Not exactly, but approximate.) I have the hardest time buying this. Yes, without the same physical body, sex drives don't exist, so about half of the fleshly issues cease. If we don't have to eat for chemical reactions, another bunch of issues die. But if God feels "Jealousy" I don't expect to not feel jealousy on the other side--although there's a lot that can be eliminated from Jealousy to morph it's afterlife use. I'm too cynical to fully expect utopia, even when I'm told it will be. I thake this on faith (which is not blind, but based that everything else checks out in a reasonable manner and I expect wages for my work (i.e. the real definition of Hope)).

Here's a kink in the system: a lot of the main words in the Bible have a slightly different definiton to them than what we use it for on an everyday basis.--especially those having to do with emotions. This is the basis for a lot of Church-speak.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join