It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difficulty understanding God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Reincarnation is mentioned in the Bible. John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet, which Jesus confirmed, though John himself did not understand. There's also a quote from Jesus to a curious questioner "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (John 3,3) "How can a man be born when he is old? Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" (v. 4).
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

I already know brother. ;-) Thank you though. xoxoxo

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
God is Love.

God seeks perfection within himself, hence through OUR experience.

There are Angels.

We all have guides.

We are all tempted so we will better know perfection.

The ones that have fallen are below our feet, hence LOTS of negative energy and as we move closer to the end of time as we know it.... The "good" will be tested more and more. It is getting close to be a true Hell on this Planet.

We are limited in senses so we do not SEE everything around us.

God is a mover.....hence the Universe moves. ;-)

I could go on and on and on....but I must go to work

God is good ALL the time. Help him experience it. ;-)

Peace and love to you all!!!!!!!!xoxoxox

Jenn
edit on 19-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

...and also with you.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
The question contains the answer!
Akushla
Who are you, Alex Trebek?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Your question assumes a location. Can you locate your mind?
Akushla
Yes I can. It's in my brain. If my brain is damaged, so is my mind. Think of Alzheimer's, Amnesia, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The bible contains many 'beings' which have been subsequently given the title of God/god. Stick to the fundamentals of the nature of GOD and you will be able to tell the difference, and scales will fall from your eyes.
Confusion is self perpetuating. The human condition attempts to make things more complicated than they really are.
Do you only go to the bible to know who your god is, or can you use other ancient writings? If yes, explain. If no, explain.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

The question contains the answer!
Akushla
Who are you, Alex Trebek?

...don't know who this is...
don't care
akushla
:0

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Your question assumes a location. Can you locate your mind?
Akushla
Yes I can. It's in my brain. If my brain is damaged, so is my mind. Think of Alzheimer's, Amnesia, etc.

oh really?

when you're hard drive f**ks up, is the information erased?...or is the structure that conduits it...damaged. Is the container, the information?

akushla

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The bible contains many 'beings' which have been subsequently given the title of God/god. Stick to the fundamentals of the nature of GOD and you will be able to tell the difference, and scales will fall from your eyes.
Confusion is self perpetuating. The human condition attempts to make things more complicated than they really are.
Do you only go to the bible to know who your god is, or can you use other ancient writings? If yes, explain. If no, explain.

No!
I have read widely and thoroughly.
Having said that, my information is not confined to read material.
akushla

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

...and why would you assume that i only use the bible. or that anything I have said explicitly and exclusively pertains to the christian paradigm only?
akushla

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I don't have the answer, I'm the one who came here with questions.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Hydroman, did you read my post? I don't see any responses to it, just curious.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
GOD is a warm, LOVING undescribabel light, HE wishes to share HIS love with all of HIS CREATION. HE wants our love, respect, (worship) but it is so easy to do that when you are in HIS presence.HE gives so very much and it is eternal.

Hell does not exist, yet. The all consuming fire does not happen till after Satan returns, then Christ returns.

All those that died and those not yet born to this flesh trial, live in paradise. Luke tells us there are two sides of this paradise.

Satan is that darkness, in Genesis, he is described to be as low of a serpent in Genesis, God tells us that he was a beautiful well spoken highest cherubim in Eze 28. He shall be the temptation in (tribulation) in Rev. He returns as Christ, and will deceive nearly the whole world.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If we were ready, and we were not instead of John the Baptist, Elijah and Moses would have returned. Ready or not they will return soon, Rev Ch 11. There is no reincarnation. We are eternal spiritual beings and are in this flesh body but a short testing period. John the Baptist, you, me all are spiritual beings.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Why not just punish Satan? Satan one of GOD's Children was just a leader in a battle esentially against GOD, he led nearly a third of GOD's Children as ruler over the earth. God made all void the end of the age ( gr Kosmo). He recreated the earth, no eveloution recreation. HE will recreate it again this time without Satan, his fallen angels, those that choose not do it GOD's way. This the third Heaven that Paul and Peter talked about. GOD a loving creator will have to destroy some of HIS CHILDREN.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

...don't know who this is...
don't care
akushla
:0

He is the host of a U.S. game show called Jeopardy, where the question is the answer. Reminded me of your post, lol.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

oh really?

when you're hard drive f**ks up, is the information erased?...or is the structure that conduits it...damaged. Is the container, the information?
akushla
If it were physically possible to remove a section of the hard drive and still be able to function, you would have lost whatever information was stored on that section of the hard drive. The same thing with the brain. If you could remove a section of your brain, and still function, whatever was stored on that section would now be useless to you. Say it was motor movement that was removed. Now that you don't have that section in your brain, you are not going anywhere. Say it was a section that stores memories that was removed. Once taken out of your ., you will not have any of those memories any more.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
Hydroman, did you read my post? I don't see any responses to it, just curious.
Yes I read it. You said that you decided to seek god and ask him to reveal himself to you, and he did. In what way did he do that? In the numerous times I have done this, I have received nothing. Do you not think it is possible that you could be a victim of self-delusion, by believing strongly that something will happen and tricking yourself into thinking that something did happen? I mean, if others were around you, would they have become believers at the same time because of what was revealed? Or was it an experience only shown to you? Get what I'm saying?
edit on 20-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

oh really?

akushla
If it were physically possible to remove a section of the hard drive and still be able to function, you would have lost whatever information was stored on that section of the hard drive. The same thing with the brain. If you could remove a section of your brain, and still function, whatever was stored on that section would now be useless to you. Say it was motor movement that was removed. Now that you don't have that section in your brain, you are not going anywhere. Say it was a section that stores memories that was removed. Once taken out of your ., you will not have any of those memories any more.

Perhaps a bad example , but, as i remember...like the brain, information on a hard drive is not necessarily stored contiguously on the disc or storage device. It seems the brain operates in the same way (being the hardware that contains the information) what goes missing is not always the information, but the means to access it, the conduit.
To assert that memory is stored in one area of the brain, is a great leap...this has never been proven to any extent...and, is not a true statement.
Again, asserting that a section taken out of your brain will devoid you of memories is a great leap. From the outside, looking in...it seems that way...but unless you were in that state, it would be rash to assume that this was the case...in the absolute. And if you were in that state, you would probably find it hard to communicate this important piece of information...if you could raise the motor skills necessary to utilise the tools of said communication...
Akushla

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

oh really?

akushla

Perhaps a bad example , but, as i remember...like the brain, information on a hard drive is not necessarily stored contiguously on the disc or storage device. It seems the brain operates in the same way (being the hardware that contains the information) what goes missing is not always the information, but the means to access it, the conduit.
To assert that memory is stored in one area of the brain, is a great leap...this has never been proven to any extent...and, is not a true statement.
Again, asserting that a section taken out of your brain will devoid you of memories is a great leap. From the outside, looking in...it seems that way...but unless you were in that state, it would be rash to assume that this was the case...in the absolute. And if you were in that state, you would probably find it hard to communicate this important piece of information...if you could raise the motor skills necessary to utilise the tools of said communication...
Akushla

Adjunct to this...
There are many documented examples of individuals who (miraculously), after having significant chunks of brain removed, are still able to relearn, 're-member' significant memories. Are these peoples' brains any different to everybody elses? Or, does this, for you, point to a fault in the assertion that memory is stored in the one place...or something else?
Alzheimers is a great example of the depletion of chemicals needed to 'run' the equipment necessary to access said memories...just like running your car out of water or oil will bring your car to a stop (stop functioning as it was designed to).
Alcohol causes loss of memory for the same reason. Lack of sleep will also do this, for the same reason. Lack of sleep will also do this for the same reason...etc. etc. etc...
Asserting, what you are asserting, is akin to claiming that a car is broken because the battery has run out, therefore, the whole car is broken!
Akushla

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join