It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 6.0 earth quakes in one week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

3 6.0 earth quakes in one week

www.youtube.com

*FIRST video cross posted from www.dutchsinse.com... *

Proof of two OTHER 6.0's this past week that the USGS did NOT report:

www.dutchsinse.com...

link to my website -- original video can be downloaded there:

www.dutchsinse.com...

link to the USGS stats:

earthquake.usgs.gov... This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.2 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 11:44:07 UTC Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 09:44:07 PM at epicenter

Location 36.776°N, 143.773°E
Depth
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Look at how many views their are compared to how many likes and dislikes their are. I know youtube gets stuck on 301views and then it shoots up, but i have never seen this. Do you think some one is trying to hide this video? Their was allot of activity after the 9.1 quake. Allot of 6.0's and 5.0's. But then it died down, and now its back up. I wonder if the plates are going to give once again.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The USGS is known for scrubbing quakes, how much more evidence do you need ?
edit on 17-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Friend:

Seems Dutch has ruffed some feathers:

stevebeckow.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 17-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: grammar

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

thats not normal having that many quakes in one week isnt normal .

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

If it helps any, I use this site for my primary display. USGS gets loaded for a backup or verification. I know this says it just feeds straight off USGS, but for whatever reason, it had corrected numbers before USGS showed it on their public data for a couple recent quakes where I'd gone hunting for info almost immediately. That one near the Chinese/Nepal border was one where this had it up and corrected while USGS was still fiddling around or something.

Live running list and world map for Earthquakes

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

actually it is pretty normal...especially on a fault line. It also depends on the depth of the quake a 6.0 at a depth of 100Km is different than a 6.0 at 10Km deep.

here is a site i basically just keep open all the time.

Live EQ map

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

If it helps any, I use this site for my primary display. USGS gets loaded for a backup or verification. I know this says it just feeds straight off USGS, but for whatever reason, it had corrected numbers before USGS showed it on their public data for a couple recent quakes where I'd gone hunting for info almost immediately. That one near the Chinese/Nepal border was one where this had it up and corrected while USGS was still fiddling around or something.

Live running list and world map for Earthquakes

I just posted the same link!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
250 people watched that video and clicked 'like' yet youtube only shows 23 people have seen the video....

censorship for sure

maybe it'll update and show correct view count later, its odd though, one would think if youtube can update the 'liked' count it should be just as easy to update to 'view' count , would also think it'd be just as easy to censor both.....
edit on 8/18/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This thread really got me to thinking and wondering about the wisdom of relying strictly on the USGS or sources that do use their data for my Earthquake information. So, I hopped on off and went looking for something similar. It seems I found something better.

European Agency for Earthquake Information

I feel better now being able to look at another source entirely separate from the U.S. agencies. This site also has an Earthquake search feature where it is very easy to set a geographic box on their map then search whatever date range for everything within that box. They let you export by CSV, which makes their search useful in a way few sites are.

The part that instantly made me favor them is the easy to find XML feeds on the last 50 world wide earthquakes. This will make a great addition to my RSS reader for a quick glance at whats happened recently.

Oh, Inkgeek, that was funny.
That is the second time this week that I've found another user and I posted the same thing, in the same thread at the same time within a minute or so. Life's little quirks eh?

new topics

top topics

join