It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird chemtrail experience with friend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
I thought that study actually showed that it was much better to break up the missile in the air via interception, because the spread wouldn't be as harmful as if it exploded at a lower altitude? Can you find the link again, I'd be curious to see.

Well of coarse its better to have a high intercept than a low level dispersion. All I was pointing out was a poison like VX will not just freeze and blow away at high altitude.

I believe you will find the link in this THREAD if you would like to look at it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

The problem is that people set out with the premise that "chemtrails are a reality", when they should actually be doing as you described, assuming the boring while trying to find evidence for the extraordinary.

The evidence for the extraordinary is kind of lacking, but believers do have some strong opinions about that. I'm really not surprised this is happening, because why would someone who is ignorant of basic scientific principles use a scientific approach to gathering evidence for their conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Thanks, freespeaker. Here is a quote from the source in question:

However, since the air temperature at higher altitudes can be as low as -70 ° Fahrenheit, it is likely that dispersal of chemicals at these altitudes would result in the formation of considerably larger aerosol particles that would fall at still higher rates. These particles would initially be frozen (rather than being a liquid that suffers evaporation as at lower altitudes) until they drop below about 2 kilometers altitude. Since the cloud of large particles (of diameters perhaps of thousands of Am) would fall quite fast (perhaps 10 or more m/sec), it would likely be distributed in a column of air of only a few kilometers altitude. In a wind field of .9 m/sec, such a cloud could deposit a large fraction of its total chemical content on the ground over a downwind distance of several kilometers.

Now, what does this mean for spraying a chemical at high altitude? I'm not sure, do we have any physicists around here?

I feel like a sprayer would freeze at high altitudes, but I'm unsure since AFAIK nothing has ever been sprayed above a few thousand feet.
edit on 8/18/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Thanks, freespeaker.

Now, what does this mean for spraying a chemical at high altitude? I'm not sure, do we have any physicists around here?

I feel like a sprayer would freeze at high altitudes, but I'm unsure since AFAIK nothing has ever been sprayed above a few thousand feet.
edit on 8/18/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

No problem.

I am no expert but I think a high pressure release wouldn't freeze in time to cause a problem over a short period but over a long interval, you're probably right that a nozel would freeze up.

ETA: Then again the wind at that altitude would possibly blow the ice off the nozel.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You could possibly get it to freeze into large falling ice drops if you dumped it all at once, like a firefighting plane. But anything that's sprayed out in a long trail (which visibly hangs in the sky) is going to be aerosolized.

edit on 18-8-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join