It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My SETI@Home Anniversary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey, I let my five year anniversary pass me by yesterday! The sign-up date for my account is: Wed Aug 18, 14:17:29, 1999 UTC

...and I have banged out 12402 work units so far. Woo Hoo!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Holy mackerel!!

Spectre - FIVE years?!
I'm embarrassed at "crowing" about my paltry three years a while ago!!

Excellent stuff guy - out of interest, where does 12kWU's place you in the list of crunchers eg SETIStats says I'm currently ranked 40 340 out of 5 100 968 users at 99.209% with 6 273WU's. *Your* 12 402WU's (double mine!!
) must place you very high in the users list Sir. I'm sure we'll all be interested to know your figures?

Anyhow, very many congratulations once again Spectre - here's to another five years running BOINC!!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
well done spectre,that shows true dedication to the cause. Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
SETI is my anti-drug!

I get so stuck on SETI@Work that I forget to check out the regular SETI profile. I copied out the particulars you asked about.

Your rank out of 5101317 total users is: 15711th place.
The number of users who have this rank: 3
You have completed more work units than 99.692% of our users.

Time does fly by. It seems like only yesterday when I thought my 486DX 66MHz really screamed though a work unit!

Honestly, it has been a lot more fun since I hooked up with ATS. Thanks, everyone for making it a great community effort!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My sign-up date is on feb. 15 2004, about 6 months ago but I should reach a year of CPU time today, just 2 more CPU days to go.

And while you're mentioning your 486, what ever hapenned to the parts you said you were going to send me for mine

For now I've managed to run DOS on it from a boot disk since it has no hard drive and it works on a distributed computing project that has a DOS client: Distributed.net's RC5-72.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ranger, I completely forgot about that! I even have it all together just waiting on a padded envelope. Sorry, man. u2u me again and I'll drop it in the post. Consider it a "CPU anniversary" present.

E_T

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I had forgotten entirely how long ago I registered.

Registered on: Sun May 16 08:49:31 1999 UTC
SETI@home user for: 5.270 years

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Happy (late) anniversary to you, too! E_T is certainly in the running, but I wonder exactly who is the most senior "old timer" on the team? Five and a quarter years is the number to beat.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre

Your rank out of 5101317 total users is: 15711th place.
The number of users who have this rank: 3
You have completed more work units than 99.692% of our users.

Honestly, it has been a lot more fun since I hooked up with ATS. Thanks, everyone for making it a great community effort!

Impressive figures, my man!!

I've always tended to think of SETI users filling a football or sports stadium: if we booked the May Day stadium in North Korea, we could invite 150 000 people! What do you say Spectre?!

My guess is Bob88 is the longest serving member - but who knows?? It'd be good to know!

new topics

top topics

join