It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vintage Ron Paul: The American Power Elite (videos)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Given the rise in interest in Ron Paul again this election cycle, it seems like good timing to dust off some vintage conspiracy videos from deep in the AboveTopSecret.com archive. In this three-part video interview from 1988, then four-term Congressman Ron Paul describes the American power structure. As a member of the House Banking and Currency Committee, Paul was in a unique position to see the inner workings of economic power and control of the country, and how this power translates into political power. Paul describes how, through the control of the Federal Reserve and the banking system, the American power elite is basically out of reach of the democratic system. Concurrently, by using such organizations as the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations, control over the political process is maintained, resulting in what is in reality a in the U.S.

PART ONE

(click to open player in new window)

PART TWO

PART THREE

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
aaaahhh its ok,
i guess,,
by some,
yaa ok,,

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Great Stuff there OP . Mr. Paul is Not Chicken Little Afterall..........Who would of Thunk it........

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As things stand this man will have my vote.
I just hope the mass media will stop hiding him from the public.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I just watched all three parts. thanks for posting as I hadn't seen it before.

Ron Paul: "They haven't called me, I've been waiting by the phone."

I wonder how long until take someone takes that out of context...

Edit to add:

Anyone else notice the reduction in hardcore left/right mud slinging here at ATS since the Ames poll and MSM blackout? I think they've been chasing RP around the room since he walked in.
edit on 18-8-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The MSM tried to ignore him out of candidacy. That didnt work thanks to Jon Steward....

Now they will try something else. The question is what.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WOW.

i can't believe this is from 88.

America, please find a way to make this guy president?

The scary bit "when foreign countries realise america's bonds are worthless and stop buying them, that's when to panic"

that's now right?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
... resulting in what is in reality a in the U.S.

A what? That's a rather important word to leave out.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First video stops at 1:33, second video stops at 10:58 and the third video doesn't even play.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
I wonder how long until take someone takes that out of context...

Hey look, I did a double take....

How the hell did I type that?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
SO,

Thanks for posting this.

I posted a thread recently about RP, and finally a politician that held his ground, well what I forgot is he has been doing this from day one.

As far back as people can dig, RP has held steadfast to his beliefs, and that was telling people the truth.

Maybe the reason he didn't fair as well years ago was the fact most people didn't want to hear the truth?

Times have changed for sure.

RP has my vote.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Realtruth because: Text addition

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thank you so much for posting these. I never would vote for Reagan because of Bush. It is too bad that the people would not listen what so ever when they werre being told about what was happening then up until the presetn time. Truth tellers are considered to be the liars and the nut jobs and the liears and the nuts job are looked up to as the truth tellers. It may be the 11th hour to realize and do something about the condition of our country and the reality of what is occuring. I just hope it isn't too late. Once again thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The Good Doctor...an unsuspecting prophet..?
or a planned savior.!?

The threads of the skein are thick and shadowed here, yet the light of Pauls truth falls thunderously, even tho he speaks only with gentle conviction of his veteran insights.

The Fates ride high in our time...I implore you all to become active..get registered...make voting in these crucial times a moment in your life when Truth, Love and Courage can shine...

These are precious times...do not let them slip quietly into the night...make it an event to remember...the silent whisper of the voting ballot is that same thunderous voice...

Iv'e posted this Prayer/Meditation before, but I would like to post it again for the people involved, (and that includes you), in this marvelous piece of history...

A prayer for our Human Principles

Truth, let it touch us with light...
Shine upon the minds of the thinking...
Call out to the ears of builders, and guide us
to the fruition of being...

Love, let it nourish us in growth...
Bring union to houses divided...
Mend gardens careless feet have trampled,
and give aid to the unfortunate and discarded.

Courage, let it bring the desire we need;
To hear the truth when spoken...
Stand counted for compassion in creed, and be
a true vision of Humanity in motion...

"May we all find our well spring of Human Virtue...and walk the ways lit in Truth..."

(Kudos to S.O. on this op)
edit on 18-8-2011 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thank you for digging these old videos up and posting them. Ron Paul and his interviewers really get into the details about the Fed Res and Gov't/Banker/Corp corruption. It's all right here to see! My favorite part is when Paul was asked if he thought the media was corrupted too. He said he isn't sure but with the track record of the other industries, anything is possible. I bet if you asked him that same question today he'd "absolutely"!

Ron Paul for 2012 or literally bust! If he doesn't win I'm leaving the USA. I can't support this crap any longer

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

Peace to you good son .much needed prayer and may I add my amen .... Hi SO .a very timely post .... Thank you for this web site. It has been a very personally important web site for me ....and I am sure many others .

Whether flying with ufo's or making peace with God ,this site fills all investigations into we humans .Thanks big time ...When ATS has gone viral and the bankers huddle together on Jekyll Island for the one last time, and flee on a raft crudely built out into the Atlantic,never to be found in the annuls of history;
I could almost think it was a new Earth .....peace ps. I guess that when USA is fixed, it will no longer be USA ...sad in a small way

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've seen this before ,think I saw it here around the last U.s elections.

Today it makes a lot more sense to me ,since I've learned very much as of late..

...thank you for the reminder SO

This also reminds me of an interview with libertarians from a militia but I can't remember the source.
They made some interesting points in that video but the audience didn't understand their values..
Maybe someone who knows it can link it up for us? Its relevant ,since Ron Paul is a libertarian..
edit on 18/8/2011 by Mystic Technician because: Edit to fix

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wish someone with a t.v. show would play this interview during prime time it might wake up a few more people. It's an amazing interview and chillingly accurate.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

In the beginning a patriot is a scarce man, hated and feared and scorned. But in time when his cause succeeds, the timid join him, because then it costs nothing to be patriot. — Mark Twain

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Epic post, great videos.

Its a wonder that Ron Paul hasn't met with an "accident" by now.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hope the Independent and Democratic Ron Paul supporters who cannot vote in a closed primary election in their State remember to re-register Republican so they can vote for him in the primary election. We need to get past this hurdle. In 2008, California closed the door on outside parties voting for Republicans in the primary election. Tell all your friends!
edit on 8/18/2011 by ontarff because: Punctuation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join