It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this on Google Sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionChanneler

Better call in Luke, Han and Chewie!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is it a brown dwarf? I think if you check into brown dwarfs you need infra red part of the spectrum.i

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

Thanks a lot for the clarification - much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I too am curious to know what it is. With some official links to NASA or some other credible source.

I think it is safe to that it is not a black hole. For those of you who don't know a black hole has an escape velocity which is equal to or greater than the speed of light. The escape velocity of earth for instance is 11km/s, which is the speed a rocket would need to exceed to go out into space. Similarly since the escape velocity of a black hole is faster than the speed of light(The entire spectrum, infrared included) that means light cannot escape. If you shine a light on a black hole nothing gets reflected back. The only time you can see a black hole is when something like a star moves behind it and goes out of view, or when something gets sucked in, it releases xrays.

As for it being a trailing dwarf star, it would likely have too much mass to be letting debris/dust create a trail. However in this scenario I suppose it would be possible that other celestial bodies of lower mass could be trailing it. That is still a stretch though.

Either way I am curious to see some official links, since this has been at the center of most arguments trying to prove the existing of Nibiru.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join