It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smithsonian coverups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is a fine observation and well stated.

My thought on that is this.

By limiting access to these artifacts, and not knowing just how many there are, how probable is it that these puzzle pieces could be put together with each other?

By not bringing all of them to light they may be inadvertantly muddying the waters.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Excellent thread! I'd like to contribute as well about the Smithsonian and their lies and cover ups. I invite everyone to watch this video where Michael Cremo, author of Forbidden Archeology, talks about how human skeletons were found during the gold rush by a geologist who was working with the miners. The miners found human skeletons and artifacts as they dug tunnels into the mountains, and they are dated around 50 millions years old. The geologist wrote his report (published by Harvard) of his findings but the Smithsonian basically said his findings go against the status quo and therefore are invalid.

Michael Cremo - Forbidden Archaeology Fast forward to 1:30

If you want to watch all 6 parts visit my thread here, www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Interesting read to say the least. I have never heard anything about these stories.
S&F for you sir!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is such an excellent thread. Thank you for your scholarly work. It is impressive and sincere in its research and conclusions. But I can not agree on the point that the Smithsonian or any other Ivy or Foundation or Institution somehow cannot get it together and categorize their data and and reassert the information into a three dimensional time line.

I warn you now, there has been a systematic and detailed, well thought plan in place to keep mankind in the dark about their origins and their true meaning on this planet. If I am the only voice of outrage on this thread so be it.

This is a travesty of lies perpetrated against us all. We have been tampered with and lied to and the rebellion has begun. The treachery of the distortion done to our history on this earth goes deep and it is a violation of every right to life and liberty inherent in our birthright.

This thread is the tip of the iceberg and our planet is the iceberg. Rise up scholars of ATS! You all are brilliant and you get so close and then what? You have found the lies, you have done the work and you are correct! This is unacceptable! Our finest institutions misplacing artifacts in asbestos ridden outbuildings...absurd. You know these to be lies, lies and lies. This is an effort to enslave your minds and control what you know and what you think about and how you make decisions and how you teach your children. This is a spiritual affrontary of epic proportions. And what do I read..."Oh maybe they just didn't know what to do with the information..." (I paraphrase.

Sorry...I love you guys...its just that I read Slayer's threads and this thread and I just got off another brilliant thread and then I found another brilliant thread and I feel like you guys do not see who you are, how smart you are....Sorry...
edit on 18-8-2011 by angelchanneller because: to say i am sorry

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I saw the post here and remembered there was a Coast to Coast show a few years back on the subject. So I did a search and found a site that has the show on it.

Here's the link. Egyptian Caverns in the Grand Canyon.

Though one thing I remember from listening to that show is the seems relatively naive to the subject of what they would have done with boxcars full of gold items at the time.

I thought at the time what he had found was probably the largest heist of gold of all times. And if anything the Smithsonian realized it years later and is trying to hide the fact. An archaeologist from the Smithsonian finds a lost city of gold in the Grand Canyon. He reports this back to his superiors and they devise a plan to get the gold by an official expedition sponsered by the Smithsonian. They ship the gold by rail car to a warehouse back East. Then the gold is melted down and sold. Being the 1920s and 30s at the time it would have probably been easy to convert the gold to cash though a fake gold mining company. And then this superior in the Smithsonian destroys the records and the conspirators retire to South America.

Just a thought.

edit on 18-8-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

great words thank you very much...

you hit my thoughts on the head exactly it took me a few days off and on to really read and re-read these stories there is not much on them so I tried to stay open minded and not get to involved in the conspiracy, instead I focused on the little facts there are...

there is no excuse for incompetence and like you I feel there is more much more than just plain old stupidity at work here. it may not be the entire Smithsonian maybe someone with power or a small group at the top controlling all the pawns so to speak, controling them and us with double speak and insults.

thanks again for your post.

and thanks to everyone for the replies and gratitude, I am happy this thread got the interest it did.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least, reminded me of the "coc aine mummies"

www.straightdope.com... aine-mummies

"too outre" meaning so outlandish it cant possibly be true, although the discoverers dont do
themselves any favours, probably been paid off

Also, out of curiosity is anything said about St. Brendan or the Vikings reaching "The New World"
in schools over the pond, because its not in "Not So Great Britain"

history.howstuffworks.com...

I'd love to be back at school, knowing what i know now, and putting some serious questions to my run
of the mill, strictly by their book, history teacher.

Funny that the U.S. celebrates Columbus Day and St. Paddys day yet not St. Brendans Day ha ha,
well thats if its true, anyway, top o tha morning to ya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs

If the Egyptian named parts of the Grand Canyon are dangerous to man, why not send in a drone? I wanna know.
edit on 18-8-2011 by emaildogs because: Sp

No need for drones mate, just send this guy and a 6 pack

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Its the idea of reality as we know it what is at stake here, if they ever admitted the truth, none of what we currently have would make sense, as it is all based on certain "unmovable" premises set in ancient times by who knows who...

Great topic OP, the sad part is that these leaked bits and pieces of knowledge are set loose in the "wild" and then measured every reaction towards it.
The way things are and the super cynicism we are teaching our younger generations to adhere to, would probably make disclosure irrelevant, too jaded and absorbed to really care too worn out to do anything...

But some still care and some will still try, keep it up OP I believe we are getting some surprises soon!

cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
books.google.com... l=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#v=onepage&q&f=false

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.google.com...=en&q=el+toro+mountain%2Cmexico&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=el+toro+mountain%2Cmexico&gs_rfai=&fp=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&cad=b

viewzone2.com...

Here's a few links I have come across . One is a search on the El Toro area in Mexico. Very interesting. The link that leads to information about the Grand Canyon Expidition is very interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Why all the lies and coverups? Why throw out valuable evidence from the past? What does the Smithsonian have to gain from all their coverups?

I just wonder....is the Smithsonian getting huge cash payoffs ...from rich private collectors? And...just maybe they spread the rumor that a bunch of stuff was dumped in the ocean...when in fact it may have been sold to the highest private bidder.

All of the above could very well be, many know Zahi Hawass has been long suspected of selling ancient Egyptian artifacts for years. I don't know it people at the Smithsonian have been selling artifacts but many of their reasons for concealing these artifacts is they or the powers that be don't want the Christian Religion or History challenged or re-written in anyway. I remember years ago when some guy wanted to examine some artifact in the Smithsonian, he called ahead before going there to get a reference ID for he artifact, he was always told that the artifact didn't exist in their inventory, he was told this several time over a span of a few years. Finally he made another call and got lucky, the woman at the Smithsonian told him yes the artifact did exist, gave him the reference ID, but then she told him that the building it was in was deemed structurally unsafe and couldn't be entered by the public. Now I've never been to the Smithsonian but I've certainly seen many pictures of this complex and the buildings don't resemble a bunch of run down shacks to me. Between the Religions, Historians, Government and The Powers That Be they don't want us to know the history of this Planet and what has really taken place in the past. In reality I'd wager we have a history that dates hundreds of thousands of years in the past and it is controlled by Liars, Government, Churches, Scholars and The Powers That Be. "Those In Power Write The History".

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I have read quite a bit about this subject, and even did a little research into the possiblilities of advanced, ancient civilizations in what is now North America and South America. From the Phonecian fortresses and cities buried and hidden in the midwest and northeast, to the giant mummies and skeletons found in the western desert/grand canyon areas, to the remains of people with horns found in the north. There is just too much that has been omitted and perverted beyond its original existence. We are just now, these past 25 years, are starting to piece back the truth of our planets history after so many have attempted to destroy it.

The concept is not new, Hitler burned books of history and philosophy because he wanted to create a new history and society that modeled itself after his beliefs. Saddam Hussein did the exact same thing to his people, you read a book that claimed something different than what i tell you? Bullet in the head. But this has been going on since the ancient times, before even the Roman empire. Many secret societies were formed in an attempt to salvage this knowledge from complete distruction, many of which still exist today.

But an attempt to gain complete power over people just doesn't cut it for me, it just doesn't seem like enough to want to diliberately alter history from what really happened; even religion would not be a strong enough motivater to do this. IMO I honestly believe, from what I have found, that the earth has seen three ages of very advanced civilizations, more advanced than even we today, come and go, rise and fall, just as we have seen in our recent history of only a few thousand years. Also, the only reason I could think of that would be important enough to keep our true history from us is that we are not from earth; that humans did not develop here, but rather came here a very long time ago. There is actually written texts about this and it explains a lot of why humans seem to be very much out of place here. This is a water planet, the majority of life here exists in water and therefore, by evolutionary standards, the most intelligent, evolved being on earth should be in the water. Now we are made of water, but we cannot survive in just water, we need land as much as we need water for our other needs.

So if you look at it from this standpoint, earth had all the major building blocks we as a species needed to survive; high carbon levels, plenty of water, low radiation/temp fluctuations, stable seasons and days/nights. and a world full of other carbon based life forms we could substain ourselves on. I doubt we could eat a silicone based life form for instance, we would probably die. (Assuming they exist)

IMO we came here fleeing, our home system is long destroyed, our aggressors still here trying to accomplish their millions of years old goal, while our saviours watch and wait to strike. Earth was a manufactured enviroment for us, the moon is proof enough of that, but one giant question remains; Why are humans so important? What is it about us that makes us so controversial? It may seem like an easy question to answer, but think about it beyond the basic norm, what power do we possess that has brought us to where we are today? Be careful, this could make your head hurt....

Fun tidbit: James Casbolt (yeah, that guy) claimed they story of WarHammer 40k is almost a true depiction of what happened to humanity in the ancient war between the pliedians and dracos. The more I discover from hndreds of thousand of years ago, the more I believe it. Where all paths cross you will find the truth....

Pro Rege et Populo

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

I agree with you. It's a common thing among archaeologists according to one of my professors, to ignore or outright hide evidence contrary to their now sacred dogmas. That's what a lot of these theories have become. People follow them almost blindly and will defend them even if evidence mounts to the contrary.

Personal story. My great, great uncle found one of those mounds (with a fort) on his property. The investigators came, took everything and we never heard about them again. I don't know if it's a coverup or just bad inventory taking. It's frustrating to hear of finds and then never ever hear about them again.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
"curious as to what the snake mounds in ohio would hold"
Just Google "Giants of Ohio". Some mounds were found to hold giant skeletons, some with double rows of teeth, some with horns on their heads, and a couple with tails. They were so old that once excavated and exposed to air they crumbled. Indians of the area said the mounds were there long before they came to the land. There are also reports from Spanish explorers to the West Coast that told of giant natives able to carry entire tree trunks on their shoulders and who were friendly and helpful (maybe wiped out by diseases carried by the Spaniards?).

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DataDoc

I have a really interesting book that is in the Public Domain called, "The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee". It discusses some of these (and more interesting finds) in my state.

Is there a way I can upload the pdf here? If not, pm me and I'll upload it to 4shared or something. Since it's Public Domain, there isn't any copyright concerns.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The book sounds interesting. I seem unable to send private messages here, so let me know if you find a way to upload the book or a link to it. I love reading about anomalous finds.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I've been researching this G. E. Kinkaid story. It's really quite fascinating. It reminds me of Roswell in that two stories were posted in the newspaper about the discovery, only to be covered up and called a "hoax" later. Also, this Kinkaid character seems to disappear into the annals of mystery.

I think there is something to this story, and I've found a few explorers on the web who have gone in search of the cave entrance. One group thinks they have found it, but then never posted again. They included pictures of the entrance.

Of course, once this Kinkaid fellow found the entrance, the government bought the land and people are now forbidden to go near it as it would be a federal crime.

It's so frustrating to have the truths our past hidden and absconded from us by the government. All men have a right to know who they are---and the roots of their origins.

One more reason for me to dislike the F.G. although I didn't need any more convincing.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just discovered your thread, and a good one it is!

There are so many ancient cities around the world that we know very little about. I wish TPTB were more forthcoming!
S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Interesting stuff. I've heard other rumors about the Smithsonian doing archeological work. The artifacts vanish and no communication back to the owners of the property that were so gracious to allow them access.
What wonders might exist in the bowels of the Smithsonian never to see the light of day?
It has a scent of coverup but to what end?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would like to know, who owns or manages the Smithsonian. I thought it was only a museum.
Wonder what else they suppress besides archaeology?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join