It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top 500 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than The Bottom 150 Million Do

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'd like to know why so many people want to punish success. Why so many people want to punish hard work and effort.

This class-warfare erupted when Obama labeled those making over 250K as wealthy. Then the embittered left had a target. They had focus. A common enemy.
Anyone who went to college (or not), anyone who was born into a wealthy family, anyone who worked hard became a target.
They were "taking" too much.
They weren't "giving" enough.
They "used" the middle-class.
They are the "enemy" of the middle class.

What utter rubish!
The disenchanted, the poor, the angry have each and every oppourtunity to become wealthy. It was once a goal. The wealthy were once looked upon as role-models and as an example of what a person could do if they applied themselves.

Let me repeat that.

If they applied themselves.

Now? The entitlement mentality is, "what's in it for me?" How will I benefit? What can I get for the least amount of effort?

T'is a sad and sorry state of affairs when we can sit and debate the legitamacy of stealing from people who have more.
edit on 19-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by 46ACE

You know I didn't like the bankers and CEO's giving themselves huge bonuses on the tarp money either;

I just can't support the principle behind "legislative revenge" which hands the money back to the govt at gunpoint: merely so they get to dish it out to their more palatable;"more" politically correct" friends this time around.

Worship the rich.
Its your thing.
Maybe they will throw you a bone.
When the top 400 people have as much wealth as the bottom 155 million thats evil.
that money came out of your pocket if you are one of those people.
thats what you need to understand.

Hi RRocky: I don't worship "the rich" but I admittedly do "look up" to the entrepreneurs and small business Owners I run into...They took a chance and make their way without "a formal job"in some "daddy" company...
They are the unrecognized celebrities/heros of our system.

edit on 18-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Originally posted by blocula

this is what the government expects and demands of the 150,000,000 people and 99% of their children when they grow up >>> "run the rat race till you die and your gonna pay for your coffin and grave as well and if you rock the boat and dont bow down to our iron will you will be left with three choices >>> homelessness,prison or death"........"you have to like yourself to be normal and being normal is expensive"

You have it nailed down: homelessness,prison, or death.

Dont expect much from people though.
A large percentage, maybe even 66% or more, worship those with
money and power and will beg the rich to be allowed to
serve them on their knees.
That is human nature and no amount of education
can change that.
They will starve to death and still worship the rich with
their last breath.

PS: It may be that it is only the top 400 who hold as much wealth
as the bottom 150 million.
the majority of sheeple are posessed by materialism...and in the end,all we take with us is our souls

Nah in the end you probably wont even take that with you.
ha! ha! ha! ha! YOUR RIGHT! they've probably already lost their souls and near suicide by the time they were maxing out their 5th credit card trying to keep up with the jones down the street... and just a side note > IF EVERYONE WAS RICH NO ONE WOULD BE RICH doesnt anyone see what this fact really means?! $$$ IS A FORM OF CONTROL AND DOMINATION IT KEEPS THE SHEEP IN LINE AND BLIND TO WHATS REALLY GOING ON AROUND THEM>>>I MEAN THE 150 MILLION OF US
edit on 19-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

in 1938 my grand parents bought a house in south,weymouth. mass. built on an acre of land on a quiet street. it came fully furnished! with 8 rooms,full size basement,full size attic,screened in porch and a garage...they paid $13,000 for it and at the time they were offered the acre of land next door,which they turned down,for another $50 dollars!...knowing all this, its painfully obvious and sinister whats being done to the middle class of the usa...and its evil.

Right and at the time people made.13 ( 13cents!)/hour or less;

$50.00 was "big" money...Its all "relative".
When I was child in the 60's/70's new 125cc mx motorcycles where $4-700, to an 11year old that could've been a million$ ( I didn't have it) all local "newspaper routes"( kids jobs) were taken; I gritted and gnashed my teeth in frustration, when I grew up and entered the military I received a decent (not "huge") paycheck: they cost $3-$4,000 too much at the time; for a limited use toy.Today: 250cc race machines are $6-$8,000 still alot.Not bringing in alot of money they might as well still be a milllon$ a copy. Istill don't have it to blow on a limited use "toy". I keep myself happy with my fuel efficient, practical street bikes.

Today a factory new race bike for $700 would be a ridiculous find! As would your farm for $13,000: I can assure you it looked like $560,000 to them at the time!

Sinister? Why Its "inflation" directly created by the amount of money in circulation vs the real material wealth it represents.When we were tied to the gold standard it was easy to visualize:I.E.

"We have a finite pile of precious metal; we print 100 "bills". Then each bill = 1/100th the pile; if we just print 1,000 bills each is now worth 1/1000th of the pile.No matter what the number printed on it says. Of course we know our currency is based on "debt" or a promise to pay the federal reserve. cut loose from its solid moorings it is free to float at the whims of speculators and traders.
I agree we should End the fed! Produce a constitutional currency ourselves.

edit on 19-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
paper money is actually worthless and thats probably why there is presently a frenzied scramble to grab up all the gold,sell your gold! sell your gold! everywhere i turn,because the bottom of our socio economic structure is about to drop out...and all over the place i hear young men and women ,who just completed 2 or 4 years of college! and some paid a lot of $$$ to do so! because mommy and daddy went half broke because they wanted their yuppie kid to be a special "beautiful" person , now working at a cash register and complaining about how they dont know how they will be able to pay off their student loans! which more or less proves that college is just another scam to suck $$$ out of us,in europe you can go to a college with nothing more than a high school diploma! ,the u$a is warped and posessed by greed ITS ALL RIGHT HERE ^^^

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

this is what the government expects and demands of the 150,000,000 people and 99% of their children when they grow up >>> "run the rat race till you die and your gonna pay for your coffin and grave as well and if you rock the boat and dont bow down to our iron will you will be left with three choices >>> homelessness,prison or death"........"you have to like yourself to be normal and being normal is expensive"

You have it nailed down: homelessness,prison, or death.

Dont expect much from people though.
A large percentage, maybe even 66% or more, worship those with
money and power and will beg the rich to be allowed to
serve them on their knees.
That is human nature and no amount of education
can change that.
They will starve to death and still worship the rich with
their last breath.

PS: It may be that it is only the top 400 who hold as much wealth
as the bottom 150 million.
the majority of sheeple are posessed by materialism...and in the end,all we take with us is our souls

Nah in the end you probably wont even take that with you.
ha! ha! ha! ha! YOUR RIGHT! they've probably already lost their souls and near suicide by the time they were maxing out their 5th credit card trying to keep up with the jones down the street... and just a side note > IF EVERYONE WAS RICH NO ONE WOULD BE RICH doesnt anyone see what this fact really means?! $$$ IS A FORM OF CONTROL AND DOMINATION IT KEEPS THE SHEEP IN LINE AND BLIND TO WHATS REALLY GOING ON AROUND THEM>>>I MEAN THE 150 MILLION OF US

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think you, I, and some others shut down this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Who says being rich is a gurantee in life? Its like im talking to children.

This isnt a fantasy world where you get what you want all the time. Did your mother read you one too many fairy tales as a child?

Sorry to say, your not entitled to a flashy car and big house. Or a nice vacation.

So lemme get your logic....

No one is guaranteed to become rich, in fact life shows us that very few will? So all of those unlucky enough to become rich should just keep their nose to the grind and dare not look the wealthy in the eye?

Sounds like you make a good drone ant!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'd like to know why so many people want to punish success. Why so many people want to punish hard work and effort.

This class-warfare erupted when Obama labeled those making over 250K as wealthy. Then the embittered left had a target. They had focus. A common enemy.
Anyone who went to college (or not), anyone who was born into a wealthy family, anyone who worked hard became a target.
They were "taking" too much.
They weren't "giving" enough.
They "used" the middle-class.
They are the "enemy" of the middle class.

What utter rubish!
The disenchanted, the poor, the angry have each and every oppourtunity to become wealthy. It was once a goal. The wealthy were once looked upon as role-models and as an example of what a person could do if they applied themselves.

Let me repeat that.

If they applied themselves.

Now? The entitlement mentality is, "what's in it for me?" How will I benefit? What can I get for the least amount of effort?

T'is a sad and sorry state of affairs when we can sit and debate the legitamacy of stealing from people who have more.

How many "apply" themselves and aren't rich? If there is ONE person who falls under this category, it brings proof that the system is crap. If all someone has to do is apply themselves, we'd be falling over ourselves with rich people.

Perhaps there's a difference in what you and I consider rich? My view of rich is someone netting over one million dollars per year. They're not uber wealthy, but they are rich.

If the "what's in it for me"mentality is one of entitlement, then poor and wealthy suffer from it. How come they won't bring the factories back to America.................................maybe: What's in it for me?

How do you think you become wealthy? By taking from your fellow citizens is the answer. Yeah, yeah, maybe the game is rigged to where it's "legal" taking, but it's still taking.

If you ventured to start a production company from scratch and worked 80 hours per week, you still need workers/laborers to HELP you fulfil your dream. You are taking advantage of them by paying them a pennies on the dollar salary while robbing them of their labor and life. It's just been dressed up and called employment. You are taking some of Earths natural resources (will probably have lobbyist urge the Fed to pass laws insuring only you and your circle have access) which belong to all of us equally.

Every wealthy person is wealthy not only because of THEIR hard work, they are so because of the people who helped them hardwork.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Shut down absolutely NOTHING...lol! All you and "some others" have shown is you are more than willing to grab your ankles and smile when the rich guy is done. Yet, you're mad because some of the other people dare complain about being told to do the same.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You need to read more. And quit complaining. Its sad.

A study shows that the poor of today have much much better living conditions than the ultra wealthy of 100 years ago.

And I quote....

"As scholar James Q. Wilson has stated, “The poorest Americans today live a better life than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”[3] In 2005, the typical household defined as poor by the government had a car and air conditioning. For entertainment, the household had two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR. If there were children, especially boys, in the home, the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or a PlayStation.[4] In the kitchen, the household had a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. Other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker."

Must not be too bad that the majority of lower income and poor have ac, cable and dvd player in each house. Because those are really neccesary. (sarcasm)

Here is the article. Try reading it. The poor, dont have it that bad.

With that said, yes , it would be nice for all families not to live paycheck to paycheck. It would also be nice for everyone to stop smoking and wasting their money on non-needed items. But that is our problem, what you think you need, might be different than what the next person may think you need. So why is it fair that you impose your views of what you think is right on the rest of the country? What makes your view of what is needed, or your view of what is fair, more right?

Again, stop complaining, you don’t like your current situation, move to Mexico. Here they have great opportunities there.

www.heritage.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Sadly, they will ignore what we've written and stay on their script.
Very little actual learning takes place on this forum.

ETA; oops! See what I mean?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So if you apply yourself and don't make it the first time, you quit?

And that was your riposte'?

You try again. And again. And again. It's called work. It's called life.

Who in the hell told you it would be easy?

'Cause it ain't, kitten. It's hard. It's tough. And sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.

But you don't quit. You don't whine. You don't blame others.

You dust yourself off and start again.

Or you can steal from poeple that have succeeded, it is easier.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You need to read more. And quit complaining. Its sad.

A study shows that the poor of today have much much better living conditions than the ultra wealthy of 100 years ago.

And I quote....

"As scholar James Q. Wilson has stated, “The poorest Americans today live a better life than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”[3] In 2005, the typical household defined as poor by the government had a car and air conditioning. For entertainment, the household had two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR. If there were children, especially boys, in the home, the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or a PlayStation.[4] In the kitchen, the household had a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. Other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker."

Must not be too bad that the majority of lower income and poor have ac, cable and dvd player in each house. Because those are really neccesary. (sarcasm)

Here is the article. Try reading it. The poor, dont have it that bad.

With that said, yes , it would be nice for all families not to live paycheck to paycheck. It would also be nice for everyone to stop smoking and wasting their money on non-needed items. But that is our problem, what you think you need, might be different than what the next person may think you need. So why is it fair that you impose your views of what you think is right on the rest of the country? What makes your view of what is needed, or your view of what is fair, more right?

Again, stop complaining, you don’t like your current situation, move to Mexico. Here they have great opportunities there.

www.heritage.org...

No one wants to hear/read that bull# "bolded" because a study can be made to appear however someone desires. Go to persons who actually LIVE in the trenches with the people they are "studying". Go ask them if having a dvd player stopped them from accepting a B.S. charge because they can't afford a good attorney. Ask them if having A/C assures they won't miss a meal. Ask them if having a XBox insures their kids will attend a good school.

Better yet, ask them if any of those things subtracted from their situation. I'm sure there's someone who made the tough decision of buying a used X Box from the pawn shop for $45, rather than spending that $45 on a college education right?

Shut the # up...you sound like you live in a doll house...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You can tell what ones are Obama worshipers. And worship him everynight.

Cause, this was never an issue prior to the "Joe the Plumber" conversation when Obama let slip his intent to redistribute the wealth. After that, the dogs came a running, and all of them were licking their chops for a free hand out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

oooooooohhhhh. Think I struck a nerve there. Go ahead, ignore the evidence and factual data. That is what your best at.

edit on 19-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So if you apply yourself and don't make it the first time, you quit?

And that was your riposte'?

You try again. And again. And again. It's called work. It's called life.

Who in the hell told you it would be easy?

'Cause it ain't, kitten. It's hard. It's tough. And sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.

But you don't quit. You don't whine. You don't blame others.

You dust yourself off and start again.

Or you can steal from poeple that have succeeded, it is easier.

I have a gerbil on a conveyor belt powering my entire house. I dangle a treat in front of him so that he runs all day. When he slips and falls my power goes out so I give him the same pep talk you just typed.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

You can tell what ones are Obama worshipers. And worship him everynight.

Cause, this was never an issue prior to the "Joe the Plumber" conversation when Obama let slip his intent to redistribute the wealth. After that, the dogs came a running, and all of them were licking their chops for a free hand out.

You can tell the ones who are too stupid to have their own interests in heart. You can just tell that they aren't part of the 2%...will never make it to that level...yet something within them urges them to fight for the 2%. Who by the way are laughing at them and telling people like Buffet to, "Shhhh, shut up fool! You're going to ruin our ride!"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It's okay to admit it when you don't have a reply that pertains to my post. Smarmy talk is what I used to get when I lectured my son when he was 14.
Hey. . . .

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's okay to admit it when you don't have a reply that pertains to my post. Smarmy talk is what I used to get when I lectured my son when he was 14.
Hey. . . .

Freaking awesome!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

oooooooohhhhh. Think I struck a nerve there. Go ahead, ignore the evidence and factual data. That is what your best at.

edit on 19-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

I lived and saw all the evidence I need. I don't require a "study" to inform me what's happening. On a side note I've never witnessed anyone performing an inventory of poor peoples home! Where did they get that data....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join