It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examiner - Metallic cigar UFO spotted over Orange, California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

A California witness traveling south on Tustin Avenue in Orange reports watching a metallic, cigar-shaped object moving at a constant speed for 15 seconds before it disappeared on August 16, 2011, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

A California witness traveling south on Tustin Avenue in Orange reports watching a metallic, cigar-shaped object moving at a constant speed for 15 seconds before it disappeared on August 16, 2011, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

I gotta be honest, I don't read the Examiner so I don't know what kind of source they are, although I'm assuming they're okay since I see a lot of people post them as a source for all different kinds of articles.

Here we have a UFO sighting in California. The UFO was described as cigar shaped, which is a classic UFO description but no where near a popular as its saucer shaped cousin. Unfortunately no pictures or videos were submitted to MUFON. And here's something I didn't know, California is apparently a hot bed of UFO activity recently, which had 54 UFO reports this past July, so much activity its on UFO Alert 3.

CA, August 16, 2011 - Metallic like cigar shape traveled south of orange ca at a constant speed for 15 seconds then disappeared. MUFON Case # 30949.

Don't know what a UFO Alert means? Me either, so here's another Examiner article about it

National UFO Alert: Six states top sightings list

www.examiner.com...

The National UFO ALERT Rating System has been updated August 1, 2011, with California, Pennsylvania, Illinois,Texas, Indiana and Florida moving to a UFO Alert 3 as the highest reporting states during the month of July 2011, filed with the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON). Oregon, Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, New Jersey, Washington, and New York were placed in a UFO Alert 4 with 13 or more cases reported in July. Colorado and Georgia have been designated "Watch States" - each with 10 or more cases.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Without pics or video this is just one of the numerous UFO eyewitness reports that are listed on MUFONS website everyday. Anything special about this siting that caught your attention or that makes it stand out?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Santa Ana (John Wayne) airport.... cigar shaped, metallic.. sounds like a plane to me.

Most of the time people see what they want to see.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Without pics or video this is just one of the numerous UFO eyewitness reports that are listed on MUFONS website everyday. Anything special about this siting that caught your attention or that makes it stand out?

What caught my attention was the 54 UFO sightings reported in California this past July 2011. At this point, do pix or video even matter to ATS? It's always birds, balloons, planes, etc.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"I witnessed a gigantic UFO with disco lights on top and what looked to be little green men break dancing on the hood, please believe me, I swear it's the truth..."

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

For All of you who are making fun of this article because it lacks pix, I ask you, did you mock the other ATS threads that discussed UFO sightings but had no pix, especially the sightings from ATS users themselves? Or do you just troll this thread

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

For All of you who are making fun of this article because it lacks pix, I ask you, did you mock the other ATS threads that discussed UFO sightings but had no pix, especially the sightings from ATS users themselves? Or do you just troll this thread

Nothing personal, but seriously, no pics really means nothing to discuss.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Says you! There are plenty of US military officers who discuss UFOs shutting down nukes, by they have no pix, so there's no discussion there right? Not according to the National Press Club. You don always need pictures, unless picture books are all you read. Either way, I'm not looking for much discussion here, only pointing out the obvious, & again, that is Cali & 5 other states are on a UFO Alert because there has been an increase in sightings recently. That's pretty damn cool. The sighting itself is just another sighting. With or without pix, does it matter to ATS? Nope. ATS literally needs Aliens themselves to post their own pix before they believe

Or people can continue to troll & add nothing to a discussion they say there is nothing to discuss.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

ATS literally needs Aliens themselves to post their own pix before they believe

That's pretty accurate and I tend to think that military personnel, pilots and the like are more credible than a random yahoo.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Calling someone you don't know a random yahoo is harsh. It was reported to MUFON and an article was written about it. But whatever dude. opinions are like..... you know the rest

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Calling someone you don't know a random yahoo is harsh. It was reported to MUFON and an article was written about it. But whatever dude. opinions are like..... you know the rest

Hey, jaime maussan gets coverage, does that mean the stuff he shows is credible? MUFON and article or not, the only thing to make this story more credible would be a whole bunch of random yahoos saying they saw something

edit on 18-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They got pics of the UFO on PHANTOMS AND MONSTERS web site.

Well thank you and have fun

Oh heck ...heres one of the pics

edit on 18-8-2011 by RUFFREADY because: add pic

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

What website? Pictures of the UFO sighting the article talks about or just pictures of UFOs?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Heading south on Tustin Ave in Orange you can see the planes coming into John Wayne Airport, most flight paths come in from over Saddleback mountain, so they'd be moving left to right. I live right off Tustin Ave and will be pissed if this is real and I didnt see it....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Could easily be a plane that the person saw, but what if it wasn't? Since you live so close to the area I say keep your head up and eyes pointed to the sky. Oh, and bring a camera with you because some people need the pictures to debunk your claim

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The one the article is talking about.

Just go to phantoms and monsters web site and scroll down toward bottom.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I found the site but it ruined my day when I read the title of a mother hearing her daughters last screams as she was eaten alive by bears. Ugh...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Toxicsurf

Could easily be a plane that the person saw, but what if it wasn't? .... keep your head up and eyes pointed to the sky. ...

Possibly, but who knows? Always keep my eyes up...I'm in a good position now as I'm driving from Orange to the high desert (Victorville, Ca) on a near daily basis lately. Victorville, Apple Valley area has been a know hotspot for sightings in the past....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

For All of you who are making fun of this article because it lacks pix, I ask you, did you mock the other ATS threads that discussed UFO sightings but had no pix, especially the sightings from ATS users themselves?

And I think we generally give people the benefit of the doubt. But they still haven't proven anything. How on earth is anyone supposed to prove somebody didn't see something? Now, we can kind of go by descriptions, but the most you could possibly do is say maybe you saw a plane, maybe you saw an alien spaceship, maybe not, who knows?

End of story. What's to discuss? What's to debunk? Just another one for the files.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Again, this really isn't about this one sighting, although I will defend it against a keyboard warrior. And I've said there really isn't much to discuss about the sighting itself, but what is discussable is that California is on UFO alert, along with 5 other US States. I didn't know that. I didn't even know there was a UFO alert. And I suspect there will be plenty more sightings, and possible more UFO Alerts for the near future.

SO I'm done defending this one UFO case, that does have pix, thanks our friend and his monster website

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join