It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hershey exploitation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hershey is like the mexican government. Mexicans are the students. Two different feelings for the end result. i
But I know everyone else has the same feeling as me.

The worldwide injustices makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Hey neighbor, I live near Cedar Point too! And you're right, their hiring of foreigners from far off countries is disheartening. Most of them look miserable as they work. Cracks me up when they put one of them on ride control and you can't even understand their preride announcements. We are going there Sunday so hope it doesn't rain.

Back on subject, this is absolutely terrible what they are doing to these kids at Hershey. As of right now, I'm never buying a hershey product again!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
well i didnt know that they were doing that , for sure they are the cheapest chocolate bar and it come with a price im not willing to pay for so i wont be buying this brand anymore. end of story.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
More aliens sucking up american jobs.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes, this is exactly what my Dad experienced in the 60's as a German immigrant to the US.

This is exactly as Gorman91 had said, welcome to the First Generation Immigrant experience.

As most new immigrants soon learn that America isn't as free as they were told and had assumed and thought it to be.

This is partly why I am a conspiracy theorist. After what my Father encountered here as an Immigrant, There is a definitive Illusion going on here in the United States of America.

I call it the Facade of Freedom.

I am in full support for these what essentially are indentured servants are doing and I too will boycott Hershey products.

Single Finger Salute to the Hershey CEO who approved this profit making measure.
I am certain that he hasn't had any difficulty making his house payment on his vacation residence....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Take this Job and Shove it, I ain't workin' here no more !

These are cost cutting measured introduced by Americans to save $$$ and passing the profits to the stockholders.

This is the same thing that offshoring has done for American Jobs. Selling them out to lower paid workers.

But Instead of looking bad to Americans by shipping these PA jobs overseas, they simply import what constitutes to indentured servants.

You work and work and work but you never really get anywhere.

Because they essentially OWN you.

And look how they were threatened with deportation if they said anything !

It makes me think of Johnny Paycheck's classic song...

"Take this Job and Shove it, I ain't workin' here no more !"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is one step away from slave labour. It's worse in places like Dubai where they bring in peoples from India. Hershey should be ashamed and people should boycott their products. Do not participate in big business that act this way.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

That's not exactly what I meant.

What I was saying is that it is good first experience to start off in such harsh conditions. I only say that they don't really have much. As an individual, if my housing was covered, which I think I saw that theirs is, then I only really need a few hundred dollars a week to eat, drink, shower, and cook. They get something like 150 a week. I'd say 250 is a decent amount a week. where I live, a child can get payed $500 a week for animal management at a pet store. I'd imagine that if someone was doing something as menial as "I lift things up then put them down", you'd get something about half that. And that your housing is covered as well, well then indeed, maybe $250 a week to start them off and get them to get their priorities started, and then slowly raise up the pay as they get settled in. Learning English, buying a computer, etc etc. These things are what you get as you prove your worth in competence. Promotions get you further.

So in all honesty, I don't understand why you say the lie of American freedom. Somewhere in our history people began to think that living free means getting lots of money every week, eating whatever you want, playing computer games, and doing no manual labor. This is a false idea. Living freely means nobody bothers you if you don't bother anybody. Living freely means living within your means and being paid what your worth. These people are lifting things up then putting them down. The hours are not that bad. My only complaint is that they are paid about half what they deserve. And I'm not sure if they were lied to either. But if they didn't know what Hersey was, well, I don't know. Really, you got what you paid for kid.

That's what I am saying. And I don't intend to stop having chocolate because someone decided to risk it all to come to this country.

In any case, they'd probably be better off running away and being at a homeless shelter for a year while working a basic rudimentary job.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Aw poor babies are finding out that work is hard?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Theres a knockoff brand?? Maybe im sheltered on this issue, what is other brands of peanut butter cups or chocolate bars?

There's a company named Palmer's Candies that makes really heinous tasting peanut butter & chocolate Easter bunnies. That's really the only one I know about. A better idea... make your own! My mom used to make an amazing pan of choc. covered peanut butter candy. It was pretty damn easy, too. She pretty much just melted some peanut butter with some real butter (sorry, do not know measurements here), greased a 9x9 pan and poured the melted PB into it. Then melted equal parts dark & semi-sweet chocolate chips together, poured that over the peanut butter, and then put the pan in the fridge. Once you've had the homemade stuff, Reese's taste like poop.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Best is lay crushed biscuts on botton of pan, pour melted peanut butter over it, when half set then pour marshmellow over that, then melted chocolate. You can also add raspberries over the marshmellow before chocolate.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

So if the companies don't send their factories overseas or to 3rd world countries to get their slave labor they import, is this the American Republicans/Democrats doing this. I cannot support either we need a country to support us not big business therefore I changed my party affiliate to independent no more professional crooks as politicians. To stop this I believe we need to take money out of the political equation decent people cannot afford to run for office therefore public office must be for the rich only.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Single Finger Salute to the Hershey CEO who approved this profit making measure.

Haha would that happen to be your middle finger by any chance

I for one will never purchase anything from Hershey every again.

Hersey's Product Lines
www.hersheys.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
honestly though, what the hell do you people expect? what country do you think you are in? the mythical "land of the free"? or is this capitalism? im tellin you, capitalism and freedom do not go together,

Economic freedom, or the ability to choose how to consume your wealth, is the backbone of true capitalism. What you describe amounts to trampling on economical rights for the sake of political rights. You don't have political rights without first having established economical rights. Free-market Capitalism is the very expression of economical freedom.

The only thing I see wrong with this video is the recruitment of people from different countries at the tax payer's expense.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
OK the only problem I see with this story is the low pay. Other then that they get to come to our country, they get a place to stay, they get a job some american should have. they get money to spend (not much) , and they get to go to school for whatever they want, and in return they have to move and stack boxes of candy for 40 hours a week. Oh the humanity! So pretty much they find out that if you want something you actually have to work for it just like most americans do. So instead of sucking it up and working they wine and cry like babies. They can quit whenever they want and if they get sent home who the hell cares. they had their chance and blew it. Did they expect Hersheys to be like Willy Wonka or something.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

This is a two sided coin here. To hate the Corporations themselves is foolish in fact.

The problems come from the Executive Officers and how they operate. It is they who are the problem. Most are honest, but the dishonest ones get all the attention. Hating them all is the same as hating all members of say a Race because of the actions of few. Same thing exactly.

Right now you are being seriously manipulated by the Obama Administration to hate anyone or any company that is successful, to hide the Administrations blunders. ....and who is Obama socializing with and spending time with on Marthas Vineyard? You guessed it, the same people you are told to hate for being successful. That tactic always works and they know it. Give you something to hate besides them, to divide and control.

Corporations are really the huge number of employees and huge number of normal folk who own the Stock. Most depend on them to be successful to cover their retirements in fact.

The honest way to approach this is to instead criticize the actual people who are committing the bad acts. They are not the Corporation. That is just sour grapes.

Without these large companies, everything you need would cost far more. Food would be so high many would go without and in other parts of the world more would starve to death. That is also a fact. Are you even aware the profit margin in Supermarkets and Big Box Stores is only around 3%? They have to turn over their inventory many times a year to survive. All that stuff you see on the shelves only lasts about 3 to 5 days as the inventory is replenished. If your Grocery Store for instance does not get supplies for 5 days, the shelves are nearly empty.

Put the blame where it really belongs. The concept of Capitalism is the only system to ever work as well as it has for us. The opposite has failed over and over again all throughout history and those who ignore history regret it. Progressives are not all that smart in fact. They ignore facts and that is why their ideas are so wrong and always fail. Progressives live in a fantasy world and actually think the reason the nutty ideas fail, is because they were not running the show. Absurd on its face. Megalomania and Narcissism abound.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow, just how much do any of you think someone putting a box on a skid should be paid? The issue here is not really that they have to work for minimum wage is it? The issue is people think they should be getting $20/hour doing menial tasks. It is a minimum wage job, that people in PA probably think is below them so they go benefits instead. As far as those kids being captive labour, i am sure they go home any time they want. They got 3 -6 k to get here, how they manage that, they are all so poor in the first place.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
IT IS called work..

If they do not like it, they can leave..

Lazy loosers like they do not understand how many

AMERICANS would love to have a chance at working their..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by frozenspark

As bad as this is it is merely the tip of the iceburg. Dig into what is occuring at the Meat packing houses across the US and the conditions and treatment of workers. The same is happening in regards to not wanting to hire local people or American people. This is part of the reason behind big business riding the backs and buying politicians to rid the country of organized labor unions. There are so many american people who simply don't know and don't understand the behind the scenes reasons for what is happening.

I am not pro-union, and I think that a lot of unions have gotten way too powerful politically and have damaged the ability of a lot of companies to stay profitable in the US. Companies like Hersheys are keeping jobs in the US, they hire foreign students because they are afraid to say something (until now). How long do you think American citizens would keep quiet about having their pay docked for housing? About a week? This is why they hire from the 3rd world - they are largely unaware of our laws.

Having said that, Hersheys needs to be severely punished for these reprehensible acts. This kind of thing should not be happening here, ever. But ya know, I'm sure they have a senator and a couple congressmonkeys in their hip pocket, so it will get swept under the rug like usual.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Deport all the aliens.God bless America.Only americans should have the right to work in this country.Ban all chinese goods and impeach Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join