It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Rising from Macondo Well: BP Hires Fleet of 40 Shrimp Boats to Lay Boom Around Deepwater Horizon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The nightmare starts again...or is it just continuing?

The truly frightening part of this development, as reported in a previous post (see below), is the oil may be coming from cracks and fissures in the seafloor caused by the work BP did during its failed attempts to cap the runaway Macondo Well – and that type of leakage can’t be stopped, ever.

Oil Rising from Macondo Well: BP Hires Fleet of 40 Shrimp Boats to Lay Boom Around Deepwater Horizon Site

Has anyone seen anything about this anywhere?

edit on 17-8-2011 by Perplexedandconfused because: pic added

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

I'd imagine it is a continuing disaster. BP failed to address the hundreds of millions of gallons of oil that was pushed to the ocean floor from the millions of gallons of dispersant they sprayed over it. They also did not address the issues of multiple fissures and leaks in other areas surrounding the horizon well-point (as well as the rises and drops newly formed over Macondo). They managed to plug it, but the areas surrounding the well casing are already liquefacted and subjugated so the pressure underneath the well is more than likely tunneling its way back up to the ocean floor, and into the sea.
If there's a small slick above the well on the surface, there's probably 1000 times that much beneath the surface in pockets and swarms.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is absolutely terrible to the max! Especially if it turns out that it is leaking through the fissures, cracks, and "blowouts" around the Macondo Well. And BP has been trying to avoid paying "future losses" from that well makes me think they already knew it was leaking and were trying to get the legal end closed before anyone found out the disaster may have just been temporarily averted. There is no way to close off the oil if it is coming from the areas the articles states. Makes that Indian prophecy of the black seas even scarier. I live on the Atlantic side of Florida, but that Deepwater Horizon disaster has been blamed for the slowing/or stopping of the Gulf Loop current and the weakening of the Gulf Stream that brings warm water to the North Atlantic. That is why Britian had all those severe snow storms last winter supposedly. This could make a lot of things much worse, especially if it has leaked around the casing, or from the cracks, fissures, and blowouts around the Macondo Well.

And tests on the oil shows it is fresh oil with the same fingerprint of the oil from the Macondo Well!

edit on 17/8/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And Litigation is Over,,
Money Paid,,
cheques signed,,
See ya,,

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Here's a link to a thread about the oil still being here that I started the other day.

BP: the oil is still here

In a recent chat with a woman in Grand Isle, La she told me: "PLEASE NEVER let them in this water again. I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to get my grand kid's off this piece of hell, both have breathing problems. Paradise is gone, people dying, a friend drowned in her sleep a couple weeks ago,48 year's old-never had a respiratory problem until the SPILL,now everybody's got some kind of resp. situation.This is all so unreal,living nightmare gone bad."

This is very real to the people who are having to live through this daily. And now this news. It is very disturbing.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Holy smokes!
Someone call Kevin Costner!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i have to say im a bit sceptical right at the moment.

if it was true with the amount of people around there and locals etc wouldn't there be no way to stop this news from getting out? so far it all seems to be based off one report on an obscure website.

i hope its not true, because if it is we are really screwed.
edit on 17-8-2011 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm totally not surprised.

I've been watching various eco thread threads elsewhere, and there is way too much oil showing up around the Gulf, and 'if' BP actually stopped the well, I'd be surprised. We have not exactly had any follow on inspections of the well that even made it into the news. So it's possible that their fix didn't stick.

M.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I found this headline from the WSJ - but I'm not a subscriber so I couldn't get the full article. Something is going on.

Sheen Emanated From BP Platform in Gulf

A band of silvery sheen was spotted emanating from BP PLC's Thunderhorse platform Tuesday in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, though the company ...

online.wsj.com...
I guess this is a different platform though.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well.

I've just about reached my breaking point regarding corrupt corporations and governments.

How about you?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You can't stop an Oilcano.

You can only attempt to hide what you created.

One thing the Prophecy got wrong, "1/3rd of the living things in the oceans will die"....more like ALL of the things in the ocean will die.

Fukushima's dumping far worse radioactivity than Chernobyl into the Pacific...a booming Industrial China is likely dumping things in the Pacific...the big Pacific Garbage Patch of plastic is killing the Pacific Ocean.

Ain't going to be sea life for much longer.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
you would think a civilisation that can build tunnels under the english channel could figure out how to build a structure that would cap the area, AND - even allow the oil to be collected and refined

but then that would cost money right?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I went swimming near Destin, Florida this summer and I was creeped out due to the eerie-ness in the water. There was very little seaweed, shells, fish were sparse as was any type of living creature in the ocean. I snorkeled and seached but creatures were thinly dispersed. No abundance of sand dollars. It was surreal-almost like swimming in a pool with "white sand" floor and pumped in water. And very limited life. East of Panama City I found all sorts of fish, shells, a stingray and seaweed and felt much relief, but things are not right in the Gulf of Mexico, let me tell ya!

Inside a crab-all mush.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

I'd imagine it is a continuing disaster. BP failed to address the hundreds of millions of gallons of oil that was pushed to the ocean floor from the millions of gallons of dispersant they sprayed over it. They also did not address the issues of multiple fissures and leaks in other areas surrounding the horizon well-point (as well as the rises and drops newly formed over Macondo). They managed to plug it, but the areas surrounding the well casing are already liquefacted and subjugated so the pressure underneath the well is more than likely tunneling its way back up to the ocean floor, and into the sea.
If there's a small slick above the well on the surface, there's probably 1000 times that much beneath the surface in pockets and swarms.

The oil coming ashore is now like soft logs. I don't know now if they are from old oil just now hitting the beaches or from the formation of rolling around in the water under the surface.

What the news doesn't show you....

edit on 18-8-2011 by Perplexedandconfused because: image= swimming with dead dolphins

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You get an A for a great guess but I don't think they are related. Bogalusa is up in northern Louisiana and perhaps the fish die off there is related to the fracking going on in northern Louisiana?

Thanks to you and everyone else who has participate in this thread. I am sure the healthy and sick people of the Gulf of Mexico, along with the sea life-both dead and alive, appreciate your input, and most of all- the fact that you cared enough to post your thoughts. We all are but creatures on this earth, and if we can't support and stand up for each other, than what do we really have left? I could not look a child in the eye and say-I saw they were doing that- and did nothing!

I like your sig BTW! I was cracked me up!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Another news story:

New Oil Leak

BP has reactivated its Vessels of Opportunity (VoO) program to handle cleanup. It’s a sickeningly familiar scene that has fishermen, researchers and public officials searching for answers, as haunting memories of last year’s calamity come roaring back. The fifty-thousand-dollar question, of course, is where is all the new oil coming from? One theory: The Macondo Well site, located just 40 miles off the Louisiana coast, is still leaking untold amounts of oil into the Gulf. Some argue that the casing on the capped well itself is leaking. Others believe oil is seeping through cracks and fissures in the seafloor caused by months of high-impact work on the site, including a range of recovery activities (some disclosed, some not) as well as the abortive “top kill” effort.

That is the big question. Where IS the oil coming from?

Saturday Sludge- a new batch of oil arrives.

www.youtube.com...
&feature=player_embedded

edit on 18-8-2011 by Perplexedandconfused because: (no reason given)

Someone I knew went to this area recently and they said "never again!"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

What sickens me is everyone took the answers at face value. IT SICKENS ME.

We are going to kill ourselves anyway if Elenin / Nibiru / YU55 doesn't first.

OMFG we are screwed. We can be known as the generation of civilians that loved to line our pockets with dollars while those in power destroyed the world around us.

F--K THIS.

Enough talking about this crap and time for some ACTION. AMERICANS. ITS YOUR GULF. THE TIME IS NOW.

BOYCOTT BP. AND MAKE IT KNOWN TO ALL YOUR FAMILY, ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

I will do the same from this moment forward.
edit on 18-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I totally agree. BP left a cataclysmic mess behind, and with all indications that it would continue to haunt us is a corporate abomination. Sadly enough, the folks who were responsible for it do not have to suffer through it. I'm pretty sure they all got hefty bonuses, while us civilians got the short end of the stick. I have relatives living near Tampa Florida so I kinda keep an eye on what ploofs up from the ocean floors. Best of luck to us all, in the wake of the Macondo gusher.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
hey at least they hired american shrimp boats.. i hope

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join