It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many here have actually seen a ghost?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I find it weird that I have seen them on several occasions and others have not. I do not believe that I have any special abilites. For some reason they are always very close within a foot of me when I see them.
The first one I saw I was 13. I did not know her but I had seen her the evening she died. My father, me and my brother had went to the store on our way home she was chopping wood it was very cold and she had her strawberry blonde hair stuffed into a wool hat ,wisps of it was blowing in the wind. She had just had a baby a month prior, there was tons of laundry on the lines blowing in the wind. She was very pale we all waved but she only glared back at us. I think she thought my father was trying to flirt with her, my Dad waved at everyone it was just his habit but she did not know us and from the glare we got she did not think kindly of us. Shortly after no more than an hour later (we lived in the country we noticed these things) an ambulance went screaming by. There were few houses at that end of the road and grandmas house was one of them. My father went to check on them (my grandmother lived next door to the lady who would later be my first ghost sighting). He came home with a sad story the lady we had seen earlier had worked all day in the wind with pneumonia washing clothes on an old wringer machine and had died only moments after the ambulance got to her. Now the husband was a no account horrible person (will elaborate why I feel that way if you want to hear it). His one redeeming quality was he worked and so the welfare paid my grandmother to sit with the baby and to tend to the children who went to school until he got home. He took advantage of this and got home later and later every evening. One day my Mom insisted that me and my brother get off the bus and stay with my grandmother until she got home, she was working late. The plan was for us to go to grandma's house but as usual the father did not show up as he was supposed to. Now the younger children went to a party at a neighbors house and when they did not come home like they were supposed to my grandmother sent the older two after them. That left me, my grandmother and the baby and my little brother all that was left in the house. I was in one of the bedrooms brushing my hair and thinking about a boy I liked I was looking into the mirror when I saw her. Her reflection was right beside mine and we made eye contact in the mirror. She was life size. The thing is I did not for one minute believe what I was seeing was real. I rationalized that I had to be seeing a picture on the wall being lit up by the last of the evening's dim sunshine streaming in and probably reflecting the picture into the mirror, I surmised that the glass and the light from the sunshine was what was making the reflected image appear so large. For about a full minute I continued to brush my hair and stare at her and rationalize that this image was not real. I was so sure that when I turned to face her there would be no one there and so I turned toward her keeping my eye on the image as I did, she turned as well. We stood facing one another less than a foot apart. Though the room was slightly dim she was lit up with a glow surrounding her, she was beautiful, her strawbeerry blonde hair was all in curls and she was dressed in a peach colored gown. I later found out that she was buried in clothing such as this. She was looking at me like I was an intruder and definitely glaring at me. I screamed bloody murder and ran like hell to my grandmother. Fortunately the apparition did not follow me. I clearly felt that this woman did not like my being there and I never set foot in that hosue again. From that point on I recognised that ghosts were real and not some made up story by someone scared. I never really believed in ghosts before that.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by goose]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have seen strange flashes of light that resembled figures, but I would not be so quick to jump to the conclusion that they are ghosts.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i have seen colorfull lights in my house and alot of the pictures we take in our house have orbs and streaks of light and stuff like that, but i havnt really ever seen a ghost...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How many have touched or been touched by a ghost?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
How many have touched or been touched by a ghost?

I hate to be the one to answer but I have, once long ago I was up late watching tv and every 20 minutes or so when a commercial was on, going back and forth to, check on my kids. I would go between the couch and the coffee table everytime. I noticed a glove stuck beside the tv so when I got up that time I went around the coffee table to get it aiming to put it in the childrens room and before I could reach the tv I walked into it, it was human form and I walked into it's back, it must have been of all things watching the tv, it was like walking into a brick wall though really it was only air nothing there at all and the impact knocked me off my feet. I was falling backwards and trying to twist my body around to cushion the blow with my hands, suddenly hands reached out and gripped my arms, it pulled me back and levitated me off the floor completely just milli-seconds before my head would've hit the carpeted concrete. For a few seconds I floated in an awkward position, this being sit me back up on my feet gently, it did so just like any human being would have done had they been there. It gripped me by my arms and then one hand let go once it had me safely in tow and put an arm around my waist and picked me up. I was totally stunned but had the presence of mind to say thank you and turn around and go back around the table the way I had been doing and went to bed leaving the lights and the tv on. I had sensed its prescence but just figured I was scared and making myself feel that way. Whoever it was did not mean to hurt me at all and I guess since it actually picked me up and set me on my feet it could have if it had wanted to.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've only seen one twice (two separate instances and entities). I've felt them though many times, including my current residence, which has one male (who is usually confined to the staircase, but sometimes the bathroom too...) Most of my experiences when younger were poltergeist in nature (not ghosts). I'll go into more later perhaps, just wanted to answer your question.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have also seen ghosts all my life. I have ghosts living in my house and have digitial pics I have taken of them. They have followed me to my new house. I think it is following my kids not me. I have heard this ghost speak, I have seen it, I have pics of it, it moves things in my house. Several of my friends have seen it or witnessed things disappearing and reappearing later.Certain rooms in my house are colder than others. Whisps of breeze pass by when there is no wind blowing. They show up n my pics as orbs or a mist . It has tugged on my hair when i was walking down my hallway. It has also rubbed my back when I wasn't feeling good and I thought it was my husband doing it. My children have also seen it. And my animals act weird in certain parts of my house.So you are not alone in your sitings and usually they are there to watch over us or warn us about something. Chances are she was there watching over her children in death as she did in life!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yes i have.

if you do a search or check out various threads in the paranormal you might come across details of my encounters.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've never seen any ghost, and I don't even believe in them. Ghosts could either be the result of fantasy, or aliens, using camouflage mind tampering...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My story happened about 15 years ago. I was a young married mom with a toddler. My husband and I had moved into the house of our dreams. A huge victorian home built in 1902.

A year or so after we had moved in, I walked down the upstairs hallway and saw a little girl standing the in bathroom brushing her hair. She had long brown curly hair, dressed in a below knee length light blue dress. She wore black lace up boots. She was staring into the mirror. She couldn't have been any more that 7 or 8 years old.

I was stunned, looked away, and she was gone! It happened a total of three times over the 5 years we lived there.

I happened to go to the nursing home for our church and noticed that one of the residents had the same last name as the person who built the house. He was in his 90's, but sharp as a tack!

I told him the house I lived in, he said his uncle had built that house. He had 4 daughters. I asked if any of the daughters were still alive, only one was and she lived out west. The man reached over to his book shelf and pulled out a photo album. He had old pictures of the house and a family photo of his uncle/aunt and 4 daughters. One of the daughters looked exactly like the ghost I had seen! I didn't tell the man that, I didn't want him thinking I had gone crazy! I just pointed to the girl and quietly asked "what happened to this girl?" He stated that she died of tuberclioses (can't spell) when she was 8 years old. She had been sick for a while, the parents refused to have her stay in the hospital. She died at home...in the bedroom my daughter slept in.

To make the story complete, he told me that back in those times they would cut an invalids hair short (I never asked him to elaborate on that). A month before she died his mother cut the girls hair. The girls mother saved it, and carried a lock of it in her purse so that her daughter would be with her everywhere she went.

I no longer live in that house, but I have to say that after seeing the girl my bathroom the first time....I believe in ghosts.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes

on my 16th birthday my grandfather unexpectedly died. I had seen him days before and he was fine. One year later on my 17th Birthday I woke up in the middle of the night and saw my grandfather standing in my bed room. It was the strangest calming feeling I have ever felt. I didnt say anything and neither did he. He came to my bedside and kissed me on my forehead, and then he was gone.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by HOPE]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ever since I was a kid I've been able to see spirits. It's rare, but It happens once every few years or so. That's seeing a full apparition.
I see things like people's shadows moving around when no one IS around, hearing sounds/music/talking/footsteps and smelling purfume quite frequently. Knowing if there is a presence nearby..... constantly.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've seen many things I cant explain. I dont know enough about each incidence to concur whether it was a ghost or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure if its a ghost or what, but I definitely have something in my house (story under the aliens thread "new member with an interesting situation'

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My father had once told me, that he had seen his father on several occasions watching over my crib when I was a baby.(My grandfather died 2 years before I was born.)

On one occasion, a friend of mine and I saw a woman wearing a green Victorian style dress, walk into a room that was opposite ours. We went into that room and no-one was there.
Don't know if it was a ghost, or maybe an 'energy imprint'.
I believe that places where people have gone about their daily business in the past, leave their energy behind. So in fact, some of us may actually be seeing this energy from the past, rather than an actual ghost. I personally cannot distinguish between the two.

Considering we are made up of energy, it can seem plausible that we leave behind an energy imprint wherever we have been. So who knows, maybe some day people will see my energy imprint and think I'm a ghost, when I might not actually be 'haunting' my house!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i don't really belive in ghosts, i find it illogical.

but when i was about 8
i was in my granmars old house playing on her organ in the living room.
my mum dad and gran were up stairs.
after a whil i suddenly felt the urge to look around at the door
connecting to the kitchen as i did i saw nothing.

after 4 seconds a figure popped its head around the door,
i saw its head, left arm and upper torso.

it was male an had coloufull but badly torn clothes

it kind of resembled (don't laugh)

worsel gummage

like a scare crow, now looking back, i carnt picture its face

a mix of the scarecrow from the wizzard of oz and W.G.

it know it mumbled something in a laughing kind of way

i deafently was not my imagination or a dream

a ghost? i dont know.
alien? deafently not.
member of my family? nope.(i told them and they were generally worried)
pedophile that climed through the kitchen window? i hope not.

i just dont know.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I saw one when I was about 4, it was at my aunt's house. We were downstairs sleeping when I woke up and saw a white figure dressed in a long robe floating in the rafters coming toward me. It had long brown hair and red eyes. I couldn't wake any one up. It really freeked me out. We've always lived in haunted houses. Or atleast we could feel them in every house we've lived in. I'm in my twenties now and it seems they are attempting to make contact. I've taken pictures around my house and have over 20 orbs. If they are the same or different ones I don't know. But yesterday I woke up and snapped a picture over my bed and found two of them hovering up by my fan. I've gotten some really good pics. They usually have a very white spot in the center which radiates out from there. I'm still struggling with the whole thing, but I think my life will be better for the experience. But I prefer to not see them, just snap a pic and know they are there is good enough for me!

[edit on 19-8-2004 by 111blueyes]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have seen a couple of ghosts. One was a lady running. She
disappeared .. poof .. right before my eyes.

I hear them all the time. We have a spook or two in the house.
He/she comes up the stairs every night at 1:35 a.m. He/she
leans on the banister. You can hear the footsteps, the creaking
floor, the banister creaking under the weight. He/she shuffles
around the room. Plays with my jewlery (tinkle tinkle sounds),
messes around with the stuff on the night stand. Then goes
downstairs and bumps into things ... shakes the vitamins
that sit on the dining table, ruffles books, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I personally believe that ghost encounters in which the 'spirit' performs at a certain time or day or whatever, and always the same action or behavior, especially if percieved to be a no longer living person (someone who used to do these things passed on to the next world, or whatever), may not be hauntings at all, but rather an 'imprint on time'

It has to do with quantum mechanics and possibly even 'string theory', but long story short, they left an imprint on the fabric of space time by doing the same thing repeatedly over and over during their lives, so the continuum 'plays back' the happening as an after image.

Again, just a thought, maybe I'll post the theory in its entireity on another thread

your mileage may vary

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ive seen ghosts and orbs. So many times now it's no longer a big deal to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join