It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Water Wholesaler in Southern California Sued for Illegal Use of an Unapproved Drug to Fulfil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Largest Water Wholesaler in Southern California Sued for Illegal Use of an Unapproved Drug to Fulfill Fluoridation Program

www.bolenreport.com

Alleging willful misrepresentation and deceptive business practices by Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, attorneys for citizen/consumers from San Diego, Los Angeles and Ventura Counties filed a lawsuit in the public interest of millions of consumers in Southern California, citing that MWD of SoCal has made claims of safely and effectively treating and preventing dental disease in recipient consumers, while selecting and delivering a hydrofluosilicic acid drug...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
LA, it won't come as a surprise that there is something funny in your water. But hydrofluosilicic acid is no laughing matter. And ATS knows water flouridation has long been a contentious issue.

As water privitization steps up you will all find yourself paying an arm and a leg for what you used to get for free. And as budgets collapse, who if anyone will be watching what goes in the water?

Be safe, Los Angeles. And planet Earth.

www.bolenreport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Oh, this news is enough to give me hope and make my night. Of all the states in this nation and within those states, of all the Court dockets I'd want the first major case for this to land on, they hit the jackpot across the board. As much as I sometimes run down California (Hey..I was born and raised..I earned that right
) the attorneys couldn't score a better venue. Not only will Californians be predisposed to distrust and a feeling bordering on hate toward anything official at the moment, but the Southern California Media Machine will insure the details of this case are put out for all to see.

The most important part though...here is one case where Hollyweird and their incredible propaganda machine can work for the general good for a change. They just need to be convinced, for those who aren't, and the most critical factor, believe th public is at least open enough to watch movie/tv about it. Once it's picked up and a court gives it a fair hearing, I predict a regular line of dominoes falling into the next case across the nation.

All our side has EVER really needed was an open forum with a fair chance to state the case on the merits, where the bottom line can't be hidden or kept in a forum the public never hears about anyway. As long as they can get this to trial...don't settle..oh DON'T SETTLE...push to full Jury verdict! Thanks for the story! I'll still be feeling good about this one tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

As water privitization steps up you will all find yourself paying an arm and a leg for what you used to get for free.

According to the article, California state law doesn't mandate fluoridation, the district just did it on their own, then hiked rates. Backroom deal with drug supplier?

Water in SoCal is a fairly touchy subject as it is. Natural water supply is grossly inadequate for the population pressure, as in 10 times as many people living there than what can naturally be supported. Vast quantities must come in through aqueducts from Northern Cal, Central Cal, and Colorado River.

Messing with the water is bad news for people.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Damit,,
And to think about how much milk meats cheese vegies and fruits come from their fields..
Ba$tards

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Its about time this scam was exposed to the public for what it really is. I am anti fluoride bias based on the most recent evidence and historical uses for POW control.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I seriously hope the case is won against the municipality,.
This could create a $hitstorm for the rest of the states that are doing the same.
I am soooo glad I live with a well.
Bummer is as I stated above.. the fruits and vegies most likely absorb that crap..
Will have to look into that.. Yeah for the People

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I like this paragraph.

The lawsuit's filing clarifies that Congress has established that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is the only government entity with the authority to approve claims of safety and effectiveness for products intended to treat and prevent disease, and that not only has the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency never had that authority, but in 1988 abandoned authority for safety standards for all direct water additives, including fluoridation chemicals.

While the Plaintiffs do not seek an award for any physical harm, they do point to evidence concerning safety/harm and effectiveness that by law and for consumers' protection requires that the product be thoroughly evaluated, and approval given, for any claims and MWD's intended health impact, before exposing consumers without their consent..

Basically they are saying that they think it should be the FDA that regulates water and not the EPA.

They have governance over bottled water, not supplied water. And in any case they approve of fluoride use within their limits set.

FDA describes bottled water as water that’s intended for human consumption and sealed in bottles or other containers with no added ingredients, except that it may contain a safe and suitable antimicrobial agent. (Fluoride may also be added within the limits set by FDA.)
FDA Website

From the CDC to clarify the FDA position.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not regulate additives to community drinking water, because its regulatory reach concerns the safety and efficacy of food, drugs, or cosmetic-related products. Because the FDA has authority over bottled water as a consumer beverage (Federal Register, Volume 44, No. 141, July 20, 1979), they do regulate the intentional addition of fluoride to bottled water and requires labeling identifying the additive used. Bottlers typically use NSF/ANSI Standard 60-certified fluoride product.

And then you have the EPA's stance and their authority:

All additives used at water treatment plants, including fluoride additives, must meet strict quality standards that assure the public’s safety.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has authority over safe community drinking water, as specified in the Safe Drinking Water Act. On the basis of the scientific study of potential adverse health effects from contaminated water, the EPA sets a Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) concentration allowed for various organisms or substances.

Read the rest from the CDC.

This case will likely be thrown out.

*I will add though, that it does bring up a good point. Seeing that the FDA has complete authority over substances to prevent or treat disease.
edit on 17-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise

As water privitization steps up you will all find yourself paying an arm and a leg for what you used to get for free. And as budgets collapse, who if anyone will be watching what goes in the water?

Damn straight water should be free,it is a natural birth right of a living things.No Government or corporation has the right to claim it and charge or license it.
It is illegal to deprive your animals of water (heavy penalties or imprisonment),yet Government's and corporation's can deny you water.BS!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Try Canada.

They supply almost all of California's water.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
well...once again california gets the title of "We always start the bad # that #s up the rest of the country". why am i not surprised at this? cigarette taxes...beer taxes...gas prices go up....smoking bans in bars...where do they all start at? california!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Los Angeles is a place to make money off of people.

Chemical Warfare against humans nervous systems is one method to generate revenue. Who cares about them, more suckers will come.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
just curious but if the fda is just more of the same, why is this a win situation?
was the epa bad or something? confused.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ahh! the insanity of it.
I was told as a child that God made this planet for us to live on and gave us everything that we would need to prosper and grow.

I don't think anyone got His bill, nor do I know of any franchising or adulterating His water.
PEACE!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

or, you know, you could just go out in the rain with a water vacuum, suck it out of some mud, and filter it.

Sure a lot more difficult, but as long as it's above any potential fertilizer or wood acids, it's all good.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
99% of all drinking water supplies in Western Europe have banned fluoridation from their water.

BANNED!!!

CHINA: BANNED FLOURIDATION

www.fluoridation.com...

top topics

join