It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News - Bilderberg billionaire building new island nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
rt.com...

Peter Thiel has proven that he knows a good idea when he sees one. He invested in Facebook when it was just a dorm-room operation and helped start up PayPal only to sell it to eBay months later for $1.5 billion.

Thiel’s latest endeavor is making waves online after a profile in Details magazine has revealed that the billionaire with ties to the Bilderberg group has put $1.25 million towards developing a floating island of sovereign nations free of rules and regulations.

A measly 1.25 million towards development? That's chump change! Okay, who is this guy? Lets have a quick look,

Wikipedia - Peter Thiel

Peter Andreas Thiel (born 1967) is an American entrepreneur, hedge fund manager, libertarian and venture capitalist of German descent. With Elon Musk and Max Levchin, Thiel co-founded PayPal and was its CEO. He currently serves as president of Clarium Capital, a global macro hedge fund with under $700M in assets under management, and a managing partner in The Founders Fund, a $275 million venture capital fund that he launched with Ken Howery and Luke Nosek in 2005. He was an early investor in Facebook, the popular social-networking site, and sits on the company’s board of directors. Thiel was ranked #365 on the Forbes 400 in 2010, with a net worth of US$1.5 billion.[1] However, this number now underestimates his wealth as his Facebook share alone, at a 2010 valuation, is worth US$1.7 billion.[2]

His ties to the Bilderberg Group. He was also at the last meeting they had in 2011.

Thiel is listed as a member of the Steering Committee of The Bilderberg Group, a controversial group of influential business and government leaders who meet annually behind closed doors under a media blackout to discuss world issues.[23]

Okay, so this guy definitely knows a good deal when he sees it, and too boot, he knows how to network! So what's his next money making play? Building floating islands that are free from rules and regulations, “for experimenting with new ideas for government.”

I've always wanted my own island! But living on a floating island? I dunno about this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8e220a426f7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc82e271ea2b.png[/atsimg]

The Seastead Institute has been trying to get investors to back them for years now. It’s the grand-plan of Patri Friedman, who wants to launch the first free-floating flotilla of oil-rig-resting offices off the Pacific Coast in 2012. By 2050, Friedman hopes to have millions of seasteaders residing within a frontier crafted “for experimenting with new ideas for government.” Beyond the laws of the land, those residing on the movable structures will be able to start anew, incorporating libertarian-minded agendas that’ll rescind restrictions and allow man to make a modern world without, well, The Man.

I'm well aware of the beautiful man made islands built in Dubai, Palm Island, but those islands don't move and are connected to land. I'd hate to have my island float into a sea storm! I am definitely into being out of the reach of the law. So I like that. Maybe I could finally open up my own poker room and Amsterdam style coffee shop?

And for the NWO conspiracy, are they building their own islands because they know something we don't?
Well, actually, yeah they know plenty we don't

Related article:
news.yahoo.com...

edit on 17-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
no laws

no moral codes.

anything goes.

creepy

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They're going to be needing peasantry to fix they're toilets, take out their trash, fix their electronics, clean their homes, cook their food, man their cash registers etc... Where do I apply?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Yea, and with all the available loot there will surely be thieves and the like trying to Target it from the inside.

Ooooooo, conspiracy in 3.....2.......1...

The goal must be to either attract all major wealthy criminals and take them out in one fell swoop,
It could be a goal to get the wealthy to temporarily turn over all asset ownership and insurance plans by getting them to sign T & C which forfeit the right to their wealth to the island nations upon death, then of course the haarp produced tsunami will wipe them all out and vuala...... the wealth at all the wealthiest is all combined instantly into one bank account owned and operated by a governmentless organization.
I Love making this weird stuff up.

On a lighter note, if this "facility" was going to be used right, it would be major governments funding its construction for one of two reasons.

1. To build a small-scale functional world economy that can be used for trial and error of international product transportation. This purpose would allow the governments to replicate laws and regulations to ultimately create a properly functioning peaceful international economy that supports cultural and religious tolerance.

2. To use it as a way to simulate war situations and tactical planning against an enemy closer to home. Kind of a way for one country to monitor the progression of another countries civilian used technology. The more advanced a general population can be the more its military has use of as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Let them build it, then wait for them to all be there, then nuke it from orbit.

Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

join