It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Workers say ground under Fukushima plant is cracking and radioactive steam is coming up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is extremely alarming to say the least.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well I for one wasn't satisfied with anyone's explanation of these "cracks in the ground under the plant." Combined with what we've been hearing about ground movement and changes taking place, those cracks may be the earth itself changing and reacting to all the earthquakes. The earth density may be changing in places. There has been all kinds of adjustments going on underground on faults and fault extensions. And it's widespread across northeastern Japan. The radiation steam they are talking about may be because radioactive water has found magma down deep.

Sheesh. What a fricken mess.
Hopefully I'm wrong and someone poured a pot of coffee down there.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
not showing much now but here is a good video close to the reactors to keep an eye on .

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

How convenient, especially after Japan says crippled nuclear reactors are now stable.

Anyone who has helped participate in this massive cover up deserves to pay, the consequences of this disaster will be felt for way longer than anyone of us will live.

Here is the link to my thread that discussed their claim that "everything is all good now"

TOKYO — Japan says the crippled reactors at its tsunami-damaged nuclear power plant have reached stability more than four months ago after the disaster.

Some members had some interesting info about what your title discusses. There are links to other good threads too.

Great thread by the way! S+F

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Makes me think about Edgar Cacey's prediction that half of Japan will fall into the sea when I see stuff like this...interesting and very alarming...
edit on 17-8-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I sure hope nothing big comes from this, those poor people have been though enough.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As far as i understand this Story is not confirmed by anyone,
could be a misinterpretation (i hope so)
and RT is not a reliable Source, they are like Tepco!

But it is in the Time-frame,
the Corium may passed through the PCV and the Cement Saddle,
we will see what the next few days will bring!

PS: once i read about the Melting-Through-Speed of the Corium
but i do not remember how quick!
Do someone know this???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm not claiming any measure of psychic or precognitive ability here but when this disaster first happened, in the first couple of days, I had this strong image of one or more of the cores melting through into the earth, causing an unstoppable catastrophic event. I just could not shake the feeling that this was going to become something of almost unimaginable scope and scale and there was nothing anyone could do about it but watch it unfold. I'm sure many others felt this way and I now worry that our worst fears are coming to light. I feel so bad for anyone in Japan at this point as I think it is already too late for many of them, no matter how far they are from the source.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Well for sure the Japanese government or any other governments will disagree. For all they care, everything is fine! Nothing to fear! Your new born baby has a third arm? Well that's a blessing!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This has got me thinking about a couple of things.

1. The novel "Japan Sinks" and the movie "Nihon Chinbotsu" which literally translates into "The Sinking of Japan." These dealt with the sinking of Japan after both the Phillippine Plate and the Eurasian Plate begin to subduct under one another which causes the Japanese Archapeligo to begin to sink. In both the movie and the original novel, it was said that Japan would take years to sink. Even though, the rate of sinkage was so great that the continent sank within a year.

2. During the earthquake back in March of this year. The City of Ishinomaki sank about three and a half to four feet in some sections of the city. The sinking has resulted in the lower sections of the city being flooded at high tide. Not only did portions of a city sink because of the earthquake. The main island of Honshu moved eight feet to the east towards the Japanese Trench.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There is no telling what the hell is going on actually.

Unless of course, the military and government have tons of secret files on all types of meltdowns that actually happened but they covered up like that one in the Swiss mountain reactor back 40 years ago.

I wonder what they know about that we don't.

From our perspective on the outside of the system we have to just wait and see what happens here, since to us this event is unprecedented in scale and TEPCO isn't exactly telling us much either.

So this is a wait and see for me. I know that we don't know what events will coalesce over the next cycles/phases of this catastrophe.

It's very complex and we lack reams of data which would be critical in actually being capable of solving the situation. What exactly is the topography and geography and how is the corium moving about through it? Impossible to know, unless you have the highest clearances I suppose. I know they aren't explaining things in the media, and it doesn't exactly take a nuclear physicist to figure this one out.

They aren't telling us what's going on in very much detail at all. Especially considering the mountains of potential information surrounding the entire ordeal would logically entail. The media is extremely vague, they misuse the language all the time and mislead the public, etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This was in relation to the 6.0 and 6.4 recently and as a direct result of them they speculate that more steam pipes underground were snapped. This where the ground cracking up came from

And RT not a reliable source ¬_¬ Grow up

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

Why should one bury pipes on the site? Its a lot easier to service them when over ground, despite the fact thats it is a lot cheaper.

Furthermore, we don't know what these cracks are, its likely that its pavement which cracks, but nobody said that exactly. When it is rock, which breaks, its unlikely that anything was build below ground since that would have been extremely expensive to build tunnels there.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Newty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ctankep

RT not a reliable source ¬_¬ Grow up

Maybe there is a misunderstanding, i wrote;

RT is not a reliable Source, they are like Tepco!

For me it is important to believe into a good ending
because i live here not very far from the Plant!

In the first Weeks after the Accident i listen to all the BS, Lies.
Speculations and Disinformation
and felt, hmmm, hmmm, maybe suicidal ,
i did not liked it,
so i just look for facts (they are hard enough) and nothing else,
a Statement from a unnamed Sources is at least questionable!

But also i wrote;

But it is in the Time-frame, the Corium may passed through the PCV and the Cement Saddle, we will see what the next few days will bring!

edit on 18-8-2011 by Human0815 because: add a quote

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Originally posted by Ctankep

RT not a reliable source ¬_¬ Grow up

Maybe there is a misunderstanding, i wrote;

RT is not a reliable Source, they are like Tepco!

For me it is important to believe into a good ending
because i live here not very far from the Plant!

In the first Weeks after the Accident i listen to all the BS, Lies.
Speculations and Disinformation
and felt, hmmm, hmmm, maybe suicidal ,
i did not liked it,
so i just look for facts (they are hard enough) and nothing else,
a Statement from a unnamed Sources is at least questionable!

But also i wrote;

But it is in the Time-frame, the Corium may passed through the PCV and the Cement Saddle, we will see what the next few days will bring!

edit on 18-8-2011 by Human0815 because: add a quote

The only thing I can say is GET OUT OF JAPAN!

A happy ending is one where you are still breathing.

new topics

top topics

join