It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you going to survive a disease or virus epidemic/pandemic if it threatens our species?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Where would you go?
What would you do?
Do you bunker down make sure nobody comes near your family or do you run as far away from civilization as possible?

edit on 17-8-2011 by Segador because: Wasn't sure if it was pandemic or epidemic so I just put both, now let me google the term up real quick

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

What if you have natural immunity?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I would just give in to it. A virus is something that is to hard to fight. People spreading it everywhere. How would you avoid it? Not like zombies you could just shoot. You would not know who was infected and who was not. You would have to go out for gas, groceries etc. Contact everywhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
the same way I survive any day. one second at a time.

fight the inevitable.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I would do the best I can to get as far as way as possible from other people, other than the select few that I would have with me. Then I would just bunker down and let the virus run its course and then I would come back out.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Wait until the outbreak was getting rather close, stay in my place and live of my supplies for the next 9 months, and hope all infected individuals had died out by the time i have to leave.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I saw this thing on "Shark Tank". A band-aid for your nostrils that filters out 99% of germs but you can breath freely. I'll be wearing this 24/7...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No way to prepare for everything...

If it is some wild disease unleashed..

Well what the hell are you going to
except kiss your ass goodbye..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Take Vitamin C and Wash my hands a lot

Guess it depends - is it air borne? water borne? sexually transmitted? Does it require a cold climate? Hot climate? Moist climate? Dry climate? Or is it such a perfect disease that it can be transmitted and survive every way?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
stock up on MMS, MMS II, Colloidal silver, and build a zapper.
have a large medicinal herb garden.
and most importantly:
learn how to use all that stuff for medicinal purposes before TSHTF

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the op must have seen that movie trailer for contaigon.

epidemic or pandemic doesnt matter if your meant to go your going to go.

however minimize your exposure and lock all your doors nail them shut and stockpile food and water for the rest of your life.

not very cost effective one of the worse things thats out there is disease for most people that will be all she wrote

but a few very few may have a natural immunity and survive.

i have to confesss i do watch alot of end of the world movies they give me things to think about that i wouldnt.

the scenario as in the movie quaranine 1 and 2 well they were all screwed.

other stupid movies the government comes in and saves the day

zombie movies are the ultimate epidemic and pandemic survival movie and one if the shtf ever hit we should wish for that is the one that has the highest chance for survival.

it really depends on the severity of whatever scenario that comes.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

Nothing like giving up.

I would "not have to go out" if I didn't want to.

We could stay home right now and not go out again for a about......well, ever I guess.

We have a 12 - 16 month supply of dry goods and canned food depending on how much we ration and hundreds of packs of heirloom seeds to grow food for ever basically since you harvest the seeds from your grown crops.

We have a good well, medical supplies, 75 gallons of gasoline (not counting whats in the 4 vehicles) to run the generator, enough "protection" to keep what we have and a few pigs & goats.

If I didn't have to worry about money to pay bills we could just hole up here indefinably.

If it was transmitted person to person I would just isolate here till it passed. If it was airborne We would seal up the house with plastic & duct tape and run incoming air through a filtration unit.

I might die still but I'll be damn if I just roll over and die.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
ALL planes -blimps -hotair balloons fueled and ready to go up for long periods-sent to steril safe zones-desert(cold or sand) or high elevation hard to reach for infected

ALL boats fueled and ready to go to sea for long periods-sent to steril ocean regions approx 1000 miles + from all infected land

N.B.C suits MASS manufactured and distributed on the most massive scale and some gotta fit babies/children and young adults for those not going into dumbs

Dumbs access granted

ALL large caves evaluated and picked for population displacement in these cavernous regions

BURN EVERY LOCATION WHERE VIRUS IS PRESENT INCASE IT CAN LIVE ON INANIMIT OBJECTS

Hospital boats located outside ALL land masses for those slow to flee to be treated on passed the prevention zones

edit on 8/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

regardless of what happens when the SHTF, virus pandemic, food shortage, economic crash, whatever triggers it I will bunker down for about 6 months, I live far from people. Then when its all over I would head north-east. I think all southern and western states is where survivors will go.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would just hope that I'm immume to the bug and I would use universal precautions to the best of my abilities when dealing with the community.

Working in health care I already practice this everyday.

Even the survialists should bone up on this practice. Just a simlpe hand washing could mean life or death in a SHTF senario.

If you can eat red meat and hit up that vitamin c. Two relatively easy ways to boost up that immune system.

Colloidal silver may be an option

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
During an epidemic, the last thing you would want to do is become a clean freak. Don't panic. If you begin washing and disinfecting your hands 20 times a day or showering 2 or 3 times per day, you are going to become more succeptible to disease. You don't want that. If you don't get THE disease, you will likely get another one like a flu or cold.

Most importantly, you are going to want to avoid contact with others. Most specifically large groups of people. The more secluded you become, the less likely you are to become exposed.

With any virus or pandemic, you simply have to wait it out. All viruses have a gestation period. Eventually, they will stop replicating and die out. Stay the course and you will survive.

join