It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropics Heating Up Equals Area Cooling Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here were are, the peak of hurrican season, and the tropics are rolling out the storms. I hope this does bring cooler temps and cloud cover all over the country. As for Texas, bring on the rain please! Lets hope some good weather relief comes in tropical waves ans storms for the drought here in the south.

tropics

After the much angst of the hot stretch across the Ohio Valley for the last half of July, a forecast that I was a couple degrees too cool on, is starting to take shape. A theory I have expressed with some of my colleagues is that when the tropics begin to stir and become active, the heat should begin to dwindle. Other camps have expressed that same general feeling so having consensus has me believing that the track to a return to cooler and wetter times for August is on the field.

Im sure our local farmers will be glad for a regular rain pattern if this does develop.

The direct cause of the heat over the last few weeks is the severe to extreme drought across virtually the entire state of Texas. With a ridge parked over the Mississippi Valley, heat just keeps building heat over the area and then directing it north and northeastward into the Ohio Valley. In the summer time the chance of any type of storm system or cold front to really hit the southern Plains with beneficial rain is slim to none and when a drought is in place, slim left town months ago. One factor that can change all of this is the tropics and signs are coming together that might be able to put a significant dent in the epic Texas drought but also completely flip the pattern across much of the eastern United States.

I know the east needs relief from flooding..so they might welcome this up north also.

This will change over the next week to ten days but the significant factor is the tropical activity will likely wipe out the big heat dome and we get back to a northwest flow for the region and the increased threat of thunderstorms. Weather is like a building block. Each block has to come together one step at a time and the tropics is the first step of that building block, so the weather should become more active over the next week or two and bring some fun back to the Ohio Valley.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
thanks for posting this SB, it makes me wonder if the gulf current has anything to do with it.

when there is a cooling period the gulf stream weakens, on the other hand it strengthens with warming.
lets hope the gulf is picking back up to normal after this hot summer.

I do hope to see you get wet down south SB.

thats down south in Texas you sicko's.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

good one w1ll...lol....

join