It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco companies sue over FDA's new graphic anti-smoking labels; claim they 'violate' free speec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Big Tobacco wants to snuff out a new federal law mandating graphic warning labels on their cigarette packages. Four of the nation's five top tobacco firms filed a lawsuit Tuesday to stop the Food and Drug Administration's planned warnings, claiming it violates their right to free speech Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

So people are they right?

Are people not allowed to make their own choices?

or is its never enough when it comes to government telling people how to live their lives?

Alot of people demagogue smoking but turn around and scream gimme my free weed!

if this road is allowed to be traveled everything else is fair game hate guns lets slap labels on them, hate drunk driving lets slap some labels on them hell pick your poison.

as far as i am concern i do not agree with these labels because they are singling out a specific industry and leaving other just as dangeous ones alone.

hey if you dont like smokers you dont smoke but is it your place to condone the actions of government and fda.

as with all things governmnet its only a matter of time before they come after you

they always do more government legislation of how to be better people

meh

edit on 17-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dont compare the poison that are cigarettes to the medicine that is "weed".....you dont have to SMOKE weed, you can eat it or vaporize it. When was the last time you had a tobacco brownie?

*cigarette smoker for well over a decade*

EDIT: also, when I went to new zealand, they had these exact kind of warnings on the pack...and i RESTARTED smoking there after having been quit for over 2 years...so its not like they are effective anyway lol
edit on 17-8-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
close thread sorry

already one here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am a smoker. I wish that I was not.
when I started smoking in the 70's the ad's on TV and in every magazine and billboards showed how sexy and aluring a woman with a cigarette in her hand was. There were even cigarettes advertised as just for women. I thought it made me look sophisticated and grown up. They told me it made me look sophisticated and grown up. Can I blame them for my addiction? I know I am responsible for my own actions but are they resposnible for what those actions were given their advertising ?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already a thread in the BAN forum. Seriously, you know what you're doing.

Also : Here's a special link just for you.

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

It's called the search function.

edit on 2011/8/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join