12 Reasons why Ron Paul is Very Different From The Other Contenders
#1) Ron Paul Is Against Big Government
For decades, nearly all Republican politicians have given wonderful speeches about the dangers of "big government", but when they have gotten into
office nearly all of them have supported the expansion of government.
For example, George W. Bush gave speech after speech in which he railed against the dangers of "big government" and then he went out and expanded the
size of government more than any other president that had ever come before him.
Well, Ron Paul is one of those rare Republicans that is actually not a RINO ("Republican in name only"). In fact, there are so many RINOs running
around that even the word "Republican" has become a bad word to many people.
But when Ron Paul talks about smaller government he actually means it. Just take a look at his voting record over the years.
Not only that, but Ron Paul's son, U.S. Senator Rand Paul, just publicly proposed 500 billion dollars in spending cuts in the Wall Street Journal.
Both Ron Paul and Rand Paul are men of their words. If Ron Paul became president, we would finally have someone in the White House that would actually
be serious about smaller government.
#2) Ron Paul Wants To Shut Down The 'Federal' Reserve
Who wrote a book entitled "End The Fed"?
Oh yeah, it was Ron Paul.
Who spearheaded the push to audit the Federal Reserve during the last session of Congress?
Oh yeah, ... It Was Ron Paul.
Did you know that the Federal Reserve has never been the subject of a true comprehensive audit, since it was created in the early part of the last
century? The reality is, that the people of the United States have a right to know what is going on, over at the privately owned central bank, that
has almost complete control over U.S. currency and banking! The Federal Reserve played a leading role in creating the horrific economic crisis that
the U.S. is currently experiencing, but right now the Federal Reserve has very little accountability to the U.S. Congress or to anyone else for that
Ron Paul wants to fundamentally change that.
So, how many other potential Republican candidates have come out and declared that they want to shut down the Federal Reserve?
#3) Ron Paul Wants To Abolish The IRS
Talk about a great idea!
The truth is, we do not need a personal income tax and we do not need the IRS.
In fact, the U.S. got along just fine, without a personal income tax for most of our history.
Ron Paul wants to permanently get rid of the IRS.
So how many other potential Republican candidates are proposing that we abolish the IRS?
The silence is deafening.
#4) Ron Paul Would Enforce Our Borders
Many Republicans talk a good game about enforcing our borders, but very few of them ever actually do anything about it.
Ron Paul is different. Ron Paul believes that we should stop the endless flood of illegal immigrants that is coming across our borders. He would be
the first president in generations that would actually do something real about this problem.
Ron Paul is against amnesty for illegal aliens and he also believes that children born in the United States to illegal aliens should not be
automatically granted citizenship.
Illegal immigration is a national crisis and we need a president that would take this issue seriously for a change.
#5) Ron Paul Is Against Globalization
Nearly all of the potential Republican candidates for president are in favor of the globalization of the economy and nearly all of them love all of
the free trade agreements that the United States has agreed to.
Well, Ron Paul is different.
Ron Paul would put the breaks on a lot of this globalization.
Ron Paul is against NAFTA and thinks it should be repealed.
Ron Paul voted against CAFTA.
Ron Paul voted against the U.S.-Australia free trade agreement.
Ron Paul voted against the U.S.-Singapore free trade agreement.
Ron Paul voted against the U.S.-Chile free trade agreement.
Ron Paul has voted to withdraw the United States from the WTO.
Not that Ron Paul is a total protectionist either. But the truth is that he would take much more of a stand against the globalization of the world
economy than just about any other potential Republican candidate for president.
#6) Ron Paul Was/IS Against Wall Street Bailouts
At the same time that George W. Bush, Barack Obama and John McCain were all running around promoting the Wall Street bailouts during 2008, Ron Paul
was one of the most outspoken opponents against the bailouts.
Ron Paul did not understand why countless billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars should go to Wall Street elitists.
In the end, many politicians wished that they had been against those bailouts. They ended up being a really bad idea. Large numbers of conservatives
and large numbers of liberals were both disgusted by them.
Well, let us not forget that Ron Paul was right about those bailouts from the very beginning.
#7) Ron Paul Would Protect Our Civil Liberties
Ron Paul said that if we passed the "Patriot Act" and all of these other fascist police state pieces of legislation that we would lose our individual
Did that not happen?
But neither major political party is taking any action to repeal the Patriot Act.
Under George W. Bush, Americans lost huge amounts of liberty and freedom.
Many Americans had been hoping that Barack Obama would be much better in that regard.
Well, it turns out that Barack Obama has been even worse. He has implemented some things that George W. Bush never would have been able to get away
Have you been to an airport recently? It is completely and totally ridiculous out there.
Ron Paul is against these abuses and would fundamentally change the direction of the United States when it comes to civil liberties.
#8) Ron Paul Would Not Have The U.S. Trying To Police The World
Did you know that the U.S. has forces in 130 different countries today?
It is absolutely ridiculous!
We simply cannot afford to be the police of the world.
If we endlessly bomb, invade and occupy other countries and torture everyone in sight then people around the world are going to end up hating America.
Many Americans had been hoping that Barack Obama would change the course of our foreign policy when he was elected, but that did not happen did it?
Instead, Barack Obama is promising to keep at least some troops in Iraq for many years, and he has sent a lot more troops to Afghanistan.
Well, Ron Paul is different.
Ron Paul is the only potential Republican candidate that actually voted against the Iraq war.
Ron Paul would dramatically reduce the number of our troops deployed overseas and he would be determined not to interfere in the affairs of other
That would be quite a switch, wouldn't it?
#9) Ron Paul Is Against Carbon Taxes And The Global Warming Fraud
Tens of millions of Americans blindly believe in the environmental quackery of Al Gore, the "eco-prophet", who is trying to "save the environment" by
viciously attacking carbon dioxide. Ron Paul is one of the few members of Congress who is willing to publicly stand up and tell the truth that carbon
dioxide is one of the fundamental building blocks of life on earth and that it is NOT causing global warming.
But the American people did not elect Ron Paul back in 2008. Instead they elected Barack Obama who wants to impose an insane "cap and trade" carbon
trading scheme that would decapitate the U.S. economy.
Well, now that the American people have seen the insanity of what Barack Obama is trying to do hopefully they will be ready for something different in
#10) Ron Paul Is Deeply Concerned About The U.S. National Debt
Did you know that right now our national debt is $14,104,021,737,251.53?
Did you know that if the federal government began right at this moment to repay the U.S. national debt at a rate of one dollar per second, it would
take over 440,000 years to pay off the national debt?
Ron Paul is one of the few members of Congress that actually has a voting record that shows a consistent effort to reduce government spending and
Many other Republicans talk a good game about these things, but their voting records tell a whole different story.
#11) Ron Paul Would Provide Real Leadership
The liberty movement in the United States desperately needs a true leader right now, and Ron Paul can provide the kind of inspirational leadership
that most other Republican politicians simply cannot. Tea Party activists are inspired by Ron Paul. They respond to his leadership. The truth is that
the Republicans have not had a truly inspirational conservative leader in the White House since Ronald Reagan. It is about time they had another.
Not only that, but most of the other potential Republican contenders have a ton of skeletons in their closets. Ron Paul is one of those rare
politicians that still has his integrity intact.
#12) Ron Paul Has Perhaps The Best Chance Of Defeating Barack Obama
Poll after poll has shown top Republican contenders such as Sarah Palin getting absolutely destroyed in a potential matchup with Barack Obama.
Most Americans view most of the potential contenders for the Republican nomination in 2012 as simply newer versions of George W. Bush and John McCain.
In fact, when you listen to most of them talk, that is exactly what they are. They are just rehashing the same tired ideas that establishment
Republicans have been pushing for decades.
If the Republicans want to win in 2012, they need something different.
They need someone that is a sharp break from George W. Bush and John McCain.
They need someone that can get us back in touch with the U.S. Constitution and with the principles that the millions involved in the Tea Party
movement have been trying to restore.
So is Ron Paul the right choice?
That's for you to decide ...
Article From; The American Dream
“Waking People Up And Getting Them To Realize
Article From; The American Dream
“Waking People Up And Getting Them To Realize,
That The American Dream, Is Quickly Becoming The American Nightmare”
100 Reasons, To Vote For Ron Paul,
For President of The United States!
1. He Supports and bases his voting record on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
2. He Believes In Religious Freedom.
3. He Has Never Voted For A Tax Increase.
4. He Is Against Public Funding Of Abortion.
5. He Is Against Funding Abortion Abroad.
6. He Has Delivered Over 4,000 Babies Into This World And Values Life.
7. He Is Against The National I.D. or Real I.D. Act.
8. He Supports The Rights of Private Property Owners.
9. He Wants Us Out of The U.N.
10. He Wants Us To Trade With Nations And Not War With Them.
11. He Is For 2nd Amendment Rights.
12. He Opposes NAIS.
13. He Wants To Shrink The Federal Government, Not Expand It.
14. He Has No Plans To Start A War With Iran Or Anyone Else.
15. He Wants To Bring Our Troops Home.
16. He Is NOT a Member of The CFR (Council On Foreign Relations).
17. He Has Not Received Campaign Contributions From Rupert Murdoch (Like Hillary).
18. His Running Mate Most Likely Will Not Have Shot Anyone In The Face.
19. He Wants To End The I.R.S..
20. He Wants To Cut Spending?! Really, Cut Spending ...
21. He Is Against Eminent Domain.
22. He Is Against The NAFTA Superhighway.
23. He Is Against The North American Union or SPP (It Exists- Google It).
24. He Is For The Principle of Sound Money.
25. He Is Against The Idea of The Amero Money System (Google It).
26. He Is Against The Federal Reserve's Monopoly On Monetary Regulation.
27. He Is Philosophically Opposed To Big Government.
28. He Voted Against The (Misnamed) Patriot Act(s) That Stripped Us of Our Rights.
29. He Is For The Bill Of Rights.
30. He Knows The Meaning Of Liberty .
31. He Was 1 Of 4 People That Supported Reagan Early On.
32. He Has Been Married For 50 Years, Which Is An Achievement These Days.
33. He Believes In The "Just War Theory".
34. His Supporters Love Him.
35. He Is A Once In A Lifetime Candidate ... TRUE Founding Father Material!
36. Because His Record Is Consistent.
37. He Is Against the Continued Funding of The So-called "War On Drugs" (Another Unsuccessful War).
38. He Is Actually Against Funding Many Unsuccessful Federal Programs.
39. He Does Not Want To Ruin Healthcare By Nationalizing It.
40. He Is A Student Of History.
41. He Votes In Accordance With The Constitution.
42. He Is Against Mandatory Subcutaneous Implantation of Americans With Microchips or Like Devices.
43. He Is The Only True Conservative, (In The Traditional Sense) that's left.
44. Republicans Love Him Because He Is For Small Government.
45. Democrats Love Him Because He Will End The War For Oil.
46. Libertarians Love Him Because He Wants The Government Out Of Their Business.
47. He Is The Only Electable Republican Candidate.
48. He is Against The Creation Of A Surveillance Society (See England).
49. He Supports Home School Rights.
50. He Wants To End The Corporate Welfare System, That's Destroying Our Government's Credibility.
51. He Tells It Like It Is. He Is Truthful.
52. He Reads and Writes Books
53. As A Doctor, He Is Informed On The Healthcare Issue.
54. He Is Immune To "Hannitization."
55. He Has The Courage To Speak Out Against What Is Wrong.
56. He Will Be Good For The Economy (Freedom Generally Is Good For The Economy).
57. He Wants Us Out of The WTO And Like Organizations.
58. The I.R.S. Is Worried That He Will Win in 2008.
59. He Is Smart Enough To Prefer Gold Over Paper.
60. He Knows The Term FIAT-CURRENCY and knows what it means.
61. He Wants To REALLY Secure Our Borders.
62. He Favors Guarding Our Country, Over Policing The World.
63. He Opposed The War In Iraq From The Beginning.
64. He Authorized The Hunt For Usama Bin Laden.
65. He Believes Local Governments Are Better Suited To Handle Their Own Issues.
66. He Is Willing To Listen And Reason With Others.
67. He Is A Christian, Who Believes Christ Was Right When He Said, "Blessed Are The Peacemakers".
68. He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
69. He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
70. He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
71. He has never taken a government-paid junket.
72. He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
73. He voted against regulating the Internet.
74. He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
75. He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
76. He Is Against Selective Service Registration.
77. He Is Against A Mandatory Draft.
78. He Values The Traditions That Have Kept Us Free.
79. He Has The Support of The Nations Thinkers
80. His Campaign Has People Across The Country Motivated.
81. His Supporters Are Enthusiastic.
82. He Is Educated.
83. He Wants To Apply The Golden Rule In Government.
84. He Believes in Freedom of Speech.
85. He Believes In Individual Rights
86. He Believes Those Rights Come From Our Creator.
87. He Does Not "Move With The Herd".
88. He refuses to attend and take part in the annual Satanic practices at the Bohemian Grove.
89. He Doesn't Have To "Act The Part" Because He Is What He Is.
90. He Has Not Waffled On The Abortion Issue As Every Other Republican Candidate.
91. He Has Faced Tremendous Opposition With Dignity.
92. He Is Optimistic
93. He Understands That Monopolies Are Bad Things.
94. He Understands The Difference Between Individual And Government Responsibility.
95. He Understands Inflation Is Not Just The Prices Going Up, But Rather The Value of Money Going Down.
96. You Will Feel Good About Your Vote For A Change.
97. You Will Know You Have Done The Right Thing.
98. For The First Time In A Long Time, You Will Not Be Voting "For The Least, Worst, or Lesser of 2 Evils".
99. You Will Help Undo The Damage Done To Our Country Over The Past Several Decades.
100. He Is Your Last Hope For Our Free Nation - Our Republic - The United States of America.
edit on 18-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)