It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Name Of God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thewordwatcher

. . .names like Jehovah or Yahweh are frauds made by His enemies.
Seems likely to me that "EEYAAWEEEH!" was something these terrorists would yell when they jumped up from their hiding places set for an ambush.
Their potential victims knew these tribes by their war cry and gave it as a name for their murder god.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
Hi All,

I've posted a few topics and responses in the religious forums here and thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback in terms of what people believed the "name of God" to be.

Is it a phonetic word? Is it a description of something spiritual? Is it literal (ie: "Todd" or "God").

What do you all think the name of God is.. This term is used throughout the bible.

I have heard that his true name is 64 letters long and is unpronounceable by the human tongue. I don't remember where i heard this though.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by rwfresh
What do you all think the name of God is.. This term is used throughout the bible.

According to the Arthur C. Clarke short story The Nine Billion Names of God, you are stepping into dangerous territory by asking that question.

"Look," whispered Chuck, and George lifted his eyes to heaven. (There is always a last time for everything.)
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

edit on 17-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)
'

I don't get it, i just read the synopsis.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by rwfresh

What is the Name Of God?

Coward...

But only because it never responds to any of my taunts...

Rofl, boy are you in for a surprise when you die, an unpleasant surprise.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by rwfresh

Which God are we talking about here? Because there have been many names for the Abrahamic deities.

Yahweh
Jehovah
El Shaddai (spelling?)
Allah
Elyon
Elohim
Adonai
I Am
ETC

At one point the Biblical God even identifies his name as JEALOUS. This is one of the reasons I find it funny when Christians won't allow themselves to say Jesus Christ or Oh My God as exclamations as though God's name is God and Jesus' name was actually Jesus.

Then there are non-Abrahamic gods like Zeus, Odin, Thor, Quetzalcoatl, Enlil, etc.

It doesnt matter what you call them, they are not stupid. Because your mind forms the picture, and your heart gives life to your curse they know exactly who you are talking about when you take one of their names in vain. Jesus could read your thoughts, and he knew what you were going to do before you even knew you were going to do it. Judas got the business end of that talent.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus could read your thoughts, and he knew what you were going to do before you even knew you were going to do it. Judas got the business end of that talent.
John 12:6 says that Judas stole from the money that he was supposed to be keeping track of on behalf of the disciples.
Was this something only revealed after Jesus was resurrected and he was having a discussion about Judas, with the remaining disciples?
If Jesus knew he was doing this, then did he just keep him on because that way someone would be available to betray him, without it having to be someone good?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

What are you talking about? Here is my reaction to people telling me I should be worried about offending deities:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10e7bc23665c.jpg[/atsimg]

Put simply I don't believe any of these beings exist outside of mythology and the human mind. Judas was a character in a story, I suggest you re-read your Bible because it actually gives two conflicting reports of how Judas died. So here's the deal, I'll be scared of Jesus when fairies and trolls have you shaking in your boots.

There are many names for gods because there are many gods. If there was one true religion there wouldn't be so many religions.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

If there was one true religion there wouldn't be so many religions.
There is one true religion, it is the one I believe in.
Of course it is only true for me, and everyone else has their own opinion about which one is true, so you end up with as many religions as there are people.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Jesus could read your thoughts, and he knew what you were going to do before you even knew you were going to do it. Judas got the business end of that talent.
John 12:6 says that Judas stole from the money that he was supposed to be keeping track of on behalf of the disciples.
Was this something only revealed after Jesus was resurrected and he was having a discussion about Judas, with the remaining disciples?
If Jesus knew he was doing this, then did he just keep him on because that way someone would be available to betray him, without it having to be someone good?

Because Jesus came to die for us and he knew he would need a betrayer, and none of the other discples would turn him in, Peter denied him 3 times, but he would never have turned him in. Jesus kept Judas close because he needed his betrayal to save us, hence "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Jesus had to provide the ultimate blood sacrifice to allow all humanity to be redeemed. It didn't matter who betrayed him ultimately, someone had to do it and Judas was the weakest link, or so the current bible would have you believe.

The Book of Judas (gnostic text) says that Judas was not the evil betrayer people think he is, because the days before Jesus was crucified, Judas and Jesus were seen conversing alone many times, just them two alone. This gnostic text says that Judas was basically asked by Christ to betray him, and that Judas was allowed into heaven because he was doing Jesus' will. Now Jesus did often go off to teach his disciples one on one in many occasions, which is why you have the gosepls of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, each provided different lessons from Jesus. Well thats what this gnostic text says anyways. The reason why the gnostic texts were considered heretical and kept out of canon was because, in those time there were people writing letters to other churches pretending to be one of the disciples, or Apostle Paul and these letters were in fact lies used to lead these churches astray and many of them broke apart for it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thewordwatcher

The subject is going in the wrong direction. Name of God is... God. He is.. His names like Jehovah or Yahweh are frauds made by His enemies.

God is just a title, which can apply to any deity. And his true enemies seek to hide and suppress his name.
Over 14 different bible still use God's name, and they are correct and you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well than you're using a highly subjective definition of truth. When I say truth I'm talking about OBJECTIVELY VERIFIABLE REALITY. Rather than derail the thread any further I'll leave a link and ask that you send me a U2U if you want to discuss this further.

One True Religion?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I'll just say matters of faith and relating to your existence and why you exist, is an individual thing and shirking that responsibility by joining a group to do it for you, is counterproductive and a negative for consideration for future survival of at least your own existence.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No name no label.. We need labels because we are many.. The creator is one, no label name, we hear sound because we need to, any sensethat humans have is not relative to our creator

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
FATHER!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

God has many names. The first name He is known by in the Bible is Elohim. The second is YHVH or Yahweh. Then he is also known as Adonai, Abba, The LORD, I am, I am that I am, Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, Jesus Christ, Jesus the Christ, Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, The Being, The First and the Last, The Alpha and Omega, some Arab Christians refer to him as Allah, He is also known as The Holy Ghost, The Holy Spirit, The Great Spirit, The Universal Spirit, "The Universe" by some new agers, and many many others.......

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join