It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Name Of God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
going a wee bit off subject, but do you know what ive alwasy wondered. if we are made in gods image, why do people have genetic diseases? does god suffer from hireditary hair loss i wonder lol

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Explanation: S&F!

I am quite sure that Signals was correct in regards to Gods name as far as the bible goes!

Personal Disclosure: I think it might of sounded like this ...

Big Bang Acoustics:
Sounds From The Newborn Universe (by Mark Whittle University of Virginia) [astro.virginia.edu]

1. INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW (includes sound link) [astro.virginia.edu]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
True. We're all duplicitous. It is not possible to live apart from sin in this world. We can try, but the point is not to live a perfected life. We are to rely on God through the wilderness until Christ restores the kingdom. Right now we live by faith and hope. Here is a great article related to this. LINK

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Everything you are saying is true from my experience.. But i hold onto fear. I definitely live in duplicity. But take solace in knowing that the false i can exist almost eternally in this state without ever taking anything away from Truth!

I'm going to grab that movie and check it out for sure. thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
His name is Fred. I know cause he told me.

link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Bob.
Herbert.
Eugene.
terrance.
anything god wants, i mean hes god after all.

link   
Interesting website. Did you read my article on the trinity and physics. I make the connection between Jesus being the word and the duality of light, both particle and wave. LINK

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by rwfresh

Explanation: S&F!

I am quite sure that Signals was correct in regards to Gods name as far as the bible goes!

Personal Disclosure: I think it might of sounded like this ...

Big Bang Acoustics:
Sounds From The Newborn Universe (by Mark Whittle University of Virginia) [astro.virginia.edu]

1. INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW (includes sound link) [astro.virginia.edu]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
going a wee bit off subject, but do you know what ive alwasy wondered. if we are made in gods image, why do people have genetic diseases? does god suffer from hireditary hair loss i wonder lol

I think the image idea is closer to our vision of what it means to exist in the image of our reflection. For instance, you are viewing my image now. My consciousness is projected here for you to read in an image. Here is a quote from an article I wrote on this subject. LINK

"We follow along in the creation story and see that God finishes His work on the universe and earth, then begins to focus His efforts on man. As I ponder what this suggests, I realize something interesting about the word image in v. 27. God created us in His image and 'in' the the image of Himself. What should this suggest to us? Have we overlooked something important and obvious here with these words in Genesis?

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

If we face the truth given to us in the Bible, we realize that the universe is an artificial reality and we are artificial lifeforms to God's perspective. To our perspective, this reality is real. As the Bible suggests, we are inside His created image on the other side of His reality. We are also made in His likeness. Today is the only age in history when man possesses a metaphor for this type of Created reality. Consider the screen that you are using to read these words. It is an image. I am in this image represented by something physical, with words that tell a story, and consciousness connecting me to you. Save this thought away for later in the article. "

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Here is an interesting quote from the Gospel of Truth (Gnostic). After describing the fact that the name of God cannot truly be uttered by a human, He expresses that the Son receives the true name and all other names are on loan from God until we are perfected. In other parts of the Gnostic texts, God is revealed as infinity at rest. As I said before, love is what remains when all possibility is at rest.

"Above all, then, it is fitting for us to think this point over: What is the name? It is the real name. It is, indeed, the name which came from the Father, for it is he who owns the name. He did not, you see, get the name on loan, as in the case of others because of the form in which each one of them is going to be created. This, then, is the authoritative name. There is no one else to whom he has given it. But it remained unnamed, unuttered, `till the moment when he, who is perfect, pronounced it himself; and it was he alone who was able to pronounce his name and to see it. When it pleased him, then, that his son should be his pronounced name and when he gave this name to him, he who has come from the depth spoke of his secrets, because he knew that the Father was absolute goodness. For this reason, indeed, he sent this particular one in order that he might speak concerning the place and his place of rest from which he had come forth, and that he might glorify the Pleroma, the greatness of his name and the sweetness of his Father." LINK

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by rwfresh

you will never convince me no matter how you put it however i do believe in pantheism, which works for me. i find a lot people hide behind religion for the wrong reasons but far be it for me to tell you who you should pray to but i dowish you well in quest for god or truth but just beware the world is very dangerous place because the truth may just kill you 1 day. peace

Peace brother. Truth is God in my experience. God is Truth! They are ONE and the same. Anyway, definitely not trying to convince you of anything and thanks for the well wishes! Back at you for sure. Truth may kill us all, but it will and always has been the only thing that gives life. It is Life. What is there without Truth and Reality? Anyway, peace!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Here is an interesting quote from the Gospel of Truth (Gnostic). After describing the fact that the name of God cannot truly be uttered by a human, He expresses that the Son receives the true name and all other names are on loan from God until we are perfected. In other parts of the Gnostic texts, God is revealed as infinity at rest. As I said before, love is what remains when all possibility is at rest.

"Above all, then, it is fitting for us to think this point over: What is the name? It is the real name. It is, indeed, the name which came from the Father, for it is he who owns the name. He did not, you see, get the name on loan, as in the case of others because of the form in which each one of them is going to be created. This, then, is the authoritative name. There is no one else to whom he has given it. But it remained unnamed, unuttered, `till the moment when he, who is perfect, pronounced it himself; and it was he alone who was able to pronounce his name and to see it. When it pleased him, then, that his son should be his pronounced name and when he gave this name to him, he who has come from the depth spoke of his secrets, because he knew that the Father was absolute goodness. For this reason, indeed, he sent this particular one in order that he might speak concerning the place and his place of rest from which he had come forth, and that he might glorify the Pleroma, the greatness of his name and the sweetness of his Father." LINK

Hi Ed thanks for this! Good one. If we understand that Jesus was the only time the name of God was pronounced in this non-reality/Image/Reflection we can imagine that the 2nd Coming is the end of time. When non-reality is extinguished or burned away. All that remains is Reality, eternity. Something i think about. Jesus came and was, is Truth incarnate. Giving us a way to accept what is Real. In the 2nd coming, our ability to deny what is real is taken, as the context of non-Reality, in which to deny reality no longer exists. Seems it would be the literal end of time.. As time does not exist in eternity. Anyway.. gotta earn my satan bucks by accepting false reality in front of the beast system screen. Peace!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02bb5a25ff4a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

LOVE

Elf

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
G"Day All,

The God that created Adam and Eve (Atama & Eva) was called Enki, the god that the Christians warship is the storm God Enlil.

The Sumerian’s named god well before the Hebrews, so get that strait people.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
G"Day All,

The God that created Adam and Eve (Atama & Eva) was called Enki, the god that the Christians warship is the storm God Enlil.

The Sumerian’s named god well before the Hebrews, so get that strait people.

The Sumerian stuff is interesting. It is even more interesting when you read some of the Gnostic texts. There seems to be a back story that connects the mystery bits of shrapnel contained in the Bible. If we only knew how to connect the dots as blind men behind the veil, we would all be in agreement. I think of this as the Bible being the front end processes and other sources being remnants of the back end. This is similar to computer processing.

We really have no idea apart from a knowledge of the programming language and the function of the processors. Like the Gnostic idea of the Aeon, the All and creator beings that preexist man. The truth behind this is indeterminate. Faith must come from what we sense from our spiritual nature. God is hidden so at best, we can only define Him by what is seen and what is revealed to our inner mind's eye.

The safe perspective is to read from the front end as we rightly divide truth from counterfeit. The Bible is the root of revealed knowledge. Knowing Hillel's Seven Rules is important for preserving a level perspective. LINK

edit on 18-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The name of God is God...the Holy Ghost....Our Father.

Here's a link to a website with all the reseach to keep you busy a couple of hours....Link

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

why must you censor God with G-d when your username is manofgod?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

To me the true GOD/Creator has no name. It exsisted before all.
Only the creators can give a creation name. It wasnt created so no name
just titles. One of the text that came to help me understand this is the
Secret Book of John.

The Inexpressible One

The One rules all. Nothing has authority over it.
It is the God.
It is Father of everything,
Holy One
The invisible one over everything.
It is uncontaminated
Pure light no eye can bear to look within.

The One is the Invisible Spirit.
It is not right to think of it as a God or as like God.
It is more than just God.

Nothing is above it.
Nothing rules it.
Since everything exists within it
It does not exist within anything.
Since it is not dependent on anything
It is eternal.

It is absolutely complete and so needs nothing.
It is utterly perfect
Light.

The One is without boundaries
Nothing exists outside of it to border it
The One cannot be investigated
Nothing exists apart from it to investigate it
The One cannot be measured
Nothing exists external to it to measure it

The One cannot be seen
For no one can envision it
The One is eternal
For it exists forever
The One is inconceivable
For no one can comprehend it
The One is indescribable
For no one can put any words to it.

The One is infinite light
Purity
Holiness
Stainless,

The One is incomprehensible
Perfectly free from corruption.
Not “perfect”
Not “blessed”
Not “divine”
But superior to such concepts.
Neither physical nor unphysical
Neither immense nor infinitesimal
It is impossible to specify in quantity or quality
For it is beyond knowledge.

The One is not a being among other beings
It is vastly superior
But it is not “superior.”

It is outside of realms of being and time
For whatever is within realms of being was created
And whatever is within time had time allotted to it
The One receives nothing from anything.
It simply apprehends itself in its own perfect light

The One is majestic.
The One is measureless majesty

Chief of all Realms
Producing all realms

Light
Producing light

Life
Producing life

Blessedness
Producing blessedness

Knowledge
Producing knowledge

Good
Producing goodness

Mercy
Producing mercy

Generous
Producing generosity

[It does not “possess” these things.]

It gives forth light beyond measure, beyond comprehension.

[What can I say?]

His realm is eternal, peaceful, silent, resting, before everything.
He is the head of every realm sustaining each of them through goodness.

Link Secret Book Of John Link

I relize that it is a gnostic scripture but the above explains in further detail what Jesus tried to explain in
the NT. His father is pure love and light. Above a GOD, unnameable, undescribeable, unmeasureable.

LOTZA LUV & Hope that helps at all.
Or I just gave you a huge laugh. Either way its all good

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My memories pretty terrible, but I think the bible says we will be told a new name for God when the new heaven and earth start. I like 'The Impossible One'.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The subject is going in the wrong direction. Name of God is... God. He is..
His names like Jehovah or Yahweh are frauds made by His enemies.

Check thorough investigation of that fraud in this article. I did and it's very obvious.

www.yahwehism.com...

There are more articles about this subject. What is also interesting, that Hallelujah is a niot Hebrew word and means - let's shine moon god.

Yah is the name of Egyptian moon god. Check in Wikipedia and other sources.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join