It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Name Of God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by rwfresh

utter rubbish the bible is full of metaphors that is completely man made. the bible is nothing more than a historical document. it is an outdated form of mind control and i feel sorry for all those that believe in its teachings, its full of contradictions.

Have you read it? I don't think I've finished it in it's entirety.. I've read more like a "best of". Personally I've found lots of things that absolutely ring true. There is a strong likelihood there is so much attention paid to it this many years later because there are some controversial truths in there. I don''t think the establishment really gets along with the Real Jesus. So at best they can try and co-opt him. If the book was insignificant it would have faded away. But there is truth in it, so it survives.. both in tainted and pure form. In terms of it being historical.. there's not much to verify the validity of it as a historical document.. but it verifies itself by existing to this day. But the fact that it is one of the older surviving books we have would make it valuable in at least some context don't you think?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by supermanning

although even if I had found I wouldn't touch it nor would I dare to open it lol

Exactly, look what happened to those nazi guys in Raiders of the Lost Ark!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You are so right. When you realize this, you are free. The truth has set you free. But from what? The bondage of fear. I've said this in a few other posts before:

Duplicity is a state of saying one thing but doing another. This is the result of fear and mistrust in God. It amounts to pride, because a person trusts themselves more than the hidden hand of God. Duplicity arises when we seek to do good for the reward of doing good. This is saying we value love but are only acting to get the reward. Duplicity is also avoiding punishment by acting good. This is also generated in fear. Duplicity is a way that we lie to ourselves. When we come to realize that God=Love=Truth=Reality encompasses all that was, is or will be, then we suddenly realize that we are merely part of that infinity with God. What is there to fear from our Father? Good is its own reward.

In simpler terms, when we stretch our arms out to God for guidance through the wilderness of life, He is faithful to lead us through the valley of the shadow of death. No fear, only experience gained from the journey.

Apart from this realization, we live the lie of duplicity and pride. Once we know ourselves from the perspective of humility and reverence toward God, all fear is gone. Jesus continually said, do not fear.

Have you ever seen the movie Defending Your Life? Watch it. Whoever wrote the script knew the plot. "You must be born again."

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

That's awesome. I had missed that verse when I wrote the other thread. I'll need to list that in a reply.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

That is my experience as well.

God is Love. They are one in the same.

1 John 4:8

King James Version (KJV)

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Where else in the bible is God described so explicitly?

Your intuition was right! And it was right in the bible all along! God is also Truth. So Truth is Love. And Reality is Truth. And what i mean is these things are all the same thing. God=Love=Truth=Reality . They are literally one in the same. Maybe this is obvious to some.. And many might disagree.. But this is my experience.

edit on 17-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

The term Tetragrammaton (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "(a word) having four letters") refers to the name of the God of Israel YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎) used in the Hebrew Bible.
'

theresonanceproject.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

no because it has been forced on people for years an years and its an easy way to say do as you are told or you will go to hell, i dont think its valid doctrine that you should live your life by and the bible has had lots of stories omitted just to suit those that want to control. the bible says that god forgives if you repent your sins so if thats the case then what if hitler repented his sins before he shot himself does that mean he is in heaven now? it just dont make sense to me sorry.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Do you know why that happened in that movie?

After their first defeat at Eben-ezer, the Israelites had the Ark brought from Shiloh, and welcomed its coming with great rejoicing. In the second battle, the Israelites were again defeated, and the Philistines captured the Ark (1 Sam. 4:3-5, 10, 11). The news of its capture was at once taken to Shiloh by a messenger "with his clothes rent, and with earth upon his head." The old priest, Eli, fell dead when he heard it; and his daughter-in-law, bearing a son at the time the news of the capture of the Ark was received, named him Ichabod—explained as "Where is glory?" in reference to the loss of the Ark (1 Sam. 4:12-22).

The Philistines took the Ark to several places in their country, and at each place misfortune befell them (1 Sam. 5:1-6). At Ashdod it was placed in the temple of Dagon. The next morning Dagon was found prostrate, bowed down, before it; and on being restored to his place, he was on the following morning again found prostrate and broken. The people of Ashdod were smitten with tumors; a plague of rats was sent over the land (1 Sam. 6:5). The affliction of boils was also visited upon the people of Gath and of Ekron, whither the Ark was successively removed (1 Sam. 5:8-12).

After the Ark had been among them for seven months, the Philistines, on the advice of their diviners, returned it to the Israelites, accompanying its return with an offering consisting of golden images of the tumors and rats wherewith they had been afflicted. The Ark was set in the field of Joshua the Beth-shemite, and the Beth-shemites offered sacrifices and burnt offerings (1 Sam. 6:1-15). Out of curiosity the men of Beth-shemesh gazed at the Ark; and as a punishment, seventy of them (fifty thousand seventy in some ms.) were smitten by the Lord (1 Sam. 6:19). The Bethshemites sent to Kirjath-jearim, or Baal-Judah, to have the Ark removed (1 Sam. 6:21); and it was taken to the house of Abinadab, whose son Eleazar was sanctified to keep it. Kirjath-jearim remained the abode of the Ark for twenty years. Under Saul, the Ark was with the army before he first met the Philistines, but the king was too impatient to consult it before engaging in battle. In 1 Chronicles 13:3 it is stated that the people were not accustomed to consult the Ark in the days of Saul.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by rwfresh

The term Tetragrammaton (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "(a word) having four letters") refers to the name of the God of Israel YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎) used in the Hebrew Bible.
'

Hebrew Letter name Pronunciation
י Yodh "Y"
ה He "H"
ו Waw "W" or placeholder for "O"/"U" vowel (see mater lectionis)
ה He "H" (or often a silent letter at the end of a word)

Yes. This is YHWH. Mentioned 6828 times in the Bible. In the Septuagint "Kyrios", or in English "Lord"

God's name here is literally "I AM" which refers to consciousness (Holy Spirit). Holy meaning awareness of all at rest (infinity). Form this awareness of all, the ultimate realization of consciousness is love.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You reminded me of something on this. Consider 1 Corinthians 13

This is the best description of all for the God we believe in. When an Atheist speaks of God, they are speaking from the fear of duplicity and lack of faith. This is the cold hard facts of a life lived apart from God and Love. Below represents the peace that comes from love of God and love for others. This is the kingdom of God at work in our hearts:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Everything you are saying is true from my experience.. But i hold onto fear. I definitely live in duplicity. But take solace in knowing that the false i can exist almost eternally in this state without ever taking anything away from Truth!

I'm going to grab that movie and check it out for sure. thanks!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I just read some really interesting stuff on the Torah which is what the first five books came from on wikipedia. Type in Torah in the search there and read what it has to say. I'm starting to believe the only chance we have to know what god's name is in the Ark of the Covenant now and none of us are elected by god to touch it let alone open it if we do find it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

as god is the creator then it as to be what we call the
UNIVERSE otherwise known as mother nature
think about it

edit on 17-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hi All,

I've posted a few topics and responses in the religious forums here and thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback in terms of what people believed the "name of God" to be.

Is it a phonetic word? Is it a description of something spiritual? Is it literal (ie: "Todd" or "God").

What do you all think the name of God is.. This term is used throughout the bible.

everything & nothing & something

"__________________________"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

no because it has been forced on people for years an years and its an easy way to say do as you are told or you will go to hell, i dont think its valid doctrine that you should live your life by and the bible has had lots of stories omitted just to suit those that want to control. the bible says that god forgives if you repent your sins so if thats the case then what if hitler repented his sins before he shot himself does that mean he is in heaven now? it just dont make sense to me sorry.

There is one thing they've revealed by their omission. The only thing that matters. And that's the TRUTH. So the harder they work at keeping it from you the more obvious it should be.

Just read the Truth in the bible. It's good practice for recognizing the truth EVERYWHERE. Because that is the Truth. Everything, Everywhere. So what is the truth about repenting and sin? When you sin, or deny truth or love YOU are literally actively separating yourself from what is real. And the consequences should be obvious. Fear, delusion, anxiety, pain, separation and aloneness. One way to understand this is to think of it as if God is punishing you.. But if ever there was an incorrect interpretation that would be it. You don't believe it yourself do you? That God punishes people? So apply the proper interpretation. WE separate ourselves from Truth/God by sinning or by denying what is real. Being angry, vengeful, hateful, jealous etc. These "sins" ARE there own punishment. Sinning is the opposite of our True nature. So when you sin you deny your true nature. To repent is the act of acknowledging our OWN responsibility for denying what is true in ourselves. If you accept that you have separated yourself from truth by "sinning" then you've essentially exposed those sins for what they are and are no longer experiencing the "punishment" of them. The act of being honest with yourself is like accepting your true nature. Letting go in belief of things like hate, lies and delusion.

IF Hitler was able to truly see his true nature, by acknowledging what he had done to separate himself from that.. then #1 he wouldn't have committed suicide because there would be no reason to. He would have had no fear of the material world consequences of what he had done. He would have accepted them wholeheartedly. But he DIDN'T repent.. So it's a lesson for all people, DO NOT separate yourself from Truth/God to that level because the result is literal hell. One that drives you to murder and suicide. It's well documented. Loving people who live in Truth do not kill people or themselves. In fact they are often killed by people who externalize their own denial of Truth at such a level that it causes them to want to destroy and eliminate expressions of beauty and truth. This is the kind of person Hitler had become.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hmm what is "his" name you ask - And if I were asked this, I would say his name is Everything, or All. Maybe even One.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

you will never convince me no matter how you put it however i do believe in pantheism, which works for me. i find a lot people hide behind religion for the wrong reasons but far be it for me to tell you who you should pray to but i dowish you well in quest for god or truth but just beware the world is very dangerous place because the truth may just kill you 1 day. peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The only TRUE god on this Planet..goes by the name of MONEY. And almost all worship Her.

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
King James.

In 1610 when King James created the new english word 'G-O-D', he also made a speech to Parliament declaring HE TOO is a 'G-O-D'.

In the English language prior to 1610, the name of the deity was YHWH, EL, EL Shaddai.

Bow down to your GOD Christians...King James demands it, when he declared HE was a GOD.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Gods name is whatever he /she wants it to be

I AM is usually accepted

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

you will never convince me no matter how you put it

[sarcasm] Those are the words of a person that's willing to have an open mind and consider other possibilities right there. Yup, definitely someone who's trying to rid himself of ignorance. [/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Impossible to answer, human beings give names to "things", for identification.
How do you Identify something that is everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join